[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xam'd: lost memories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
The fuck is this, why does no one talk about it, was it good?
It's like sakuga 100% of the time
>>
>>142615902
Because it was a typical BONES trainwreck that lost my interest very quickly. Well animated doesn't make a story not dogshit.
>>
Because Bones is a premier example of ALL STYLE, NO SUBSTANCE.
>>
>BONES original

That's why.
>>
>>142615902
This was one of those that was on the Playstation Network
>>
>>142615902
I liked it, even if the story got convoluted somewhere along the way.
>>
>>142615902
Got any webms then?
>>
The second half dropped the ball. Separating Akiyuki and Nakiami ruined it.
>>
>>142615997
same with kyoani but people still go nuts over anything they do
>>
>>142616098
nvm found on sakugabooru
>>
All I really remember is RUN AWAY RUN AWAY
>>
RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY
>>
Because a) it's old and b) the second half was shit. Also
>sakuga 100% of the time
You don't know what sakuga means.
>>
>>142615902
Guy friend killing himself is pretty much all I remember from it.
>>
>>142615902
Beautiful, beautiful, terribly written pile of crap.
>>
>>142616587
I thought that was hilarious
>>
>>142616226
>>
>>142615902
>why does no one talk about it
/a/ discusses more recent anime, apart from the daily "wtf did I just watch" threads and newfags such as yourself bringing up old shows that you should watch for yourself
>>
It's a typical Bones anime

Beautiful animation but holy shit the story is fucking dumb
>>
The story shat the bed completely in the last third. It should've been either 12 episodes with some crap cut out or the full 50 episodes like Eureka 7 to flesh out more sidestories.

Nakiami is my waifu though.
>>
>>142615902
ep 1-3 were excellent

ep 4-8 were meh except the ones with guy in love with the MC's girl

ep 9-end was fantastic and had the bulk of story explained
>>
>>142615902
it was fucking shit mate
>>
>>142617015
You are fucking high.
>>
>>142617191
>Hating the opening
>Hating best friend removing his own head
>Hating Raigyo
>Hating the emperors speeches
Hell the old lady was even good and Nakiami is love
>>
It was alright but needed more episodes.

Only 992 more years before Nakiami comes back
>>
>>142615902
Because after about episode 10 it starts to fall apart. The lead and nakiami get separated when half the fun was her helping grow him as a person. The story seems like it wants to do this whole two people torn apart by war thing with the lead and the blonde girl but instead makes her just give up on being a soldier while the childhood friend (male) offs himself. Then everyone leaves the fucking ship and the ship cast is forgotten until the very end. Then you have the crazy sister who doesn't nearly get enough buildup in the first half but gets some backstory crammed in the middle of the latter half.

Yeah, it's pretty animation, with great character, world, and mechanical design. It even starts with a serviceable story and likeable characters, but if there was ever something deserving being called wasted potential, this is it.
>>
>>142617015
Not the other guy but if you think the story from episodes 9-23/24? were anything other than a trainwreck, you're a lost cause.
>>
>>142617475
oh shit it's been awhile I forgot there were 25 episodes

I may have just forgotten the biggest bulk
>>
>>142615902
Everything about it was great except the ending.

That was bullshit.
>>
First half was good.
Second half was meh.
Got BONES'd by the god awful ending
>>
The characters are all pretty interesting and natural with multiple layers to them it's a treat just to watch them interact.

Not too many shows can pull off such genuine human like interaction, bonus points cause this show looks absolutely amazing.

Also i didn't know this was by bones, if they can do something this good then why does boku no hero look so shitty?
>>
File: Xamdou_01.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Xamdou_01.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>142615902
Killer animation, but the plot leaves much to be desired.
>>
>>142615902
great OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o1Mh0DoJmo
animation was above average for the season from what I remember
good hook

but turns shit basically.
>>
>>142617760
the same reason why Chaika had mediocre animation while Captain Earth had amazing (undeserved) animation in the same season
>>
>>142617505
Xam'd: So bad it causes amnesia.
>>
>>142617895
I downloaded a bunch of Boom Boom Satelites shit while Xam'd was airing.
>>
Fuck, this is cute.
>>
>>142617760
I agree with a lot of the positives of the characters but they do some pretty dumb shit with them in the name of forced emotions or plot.

Like the emperor and akiyuki dicking around with an old lady in a town isn't actually inherently bad, but it connects really poorly to the overall narrative and feels forced when you find she's the commander's mom. Raigyo and that one guy being old fight buddies seems like an okay development at first but it's so suddenly introduced near the end after those two characters haven't really appeared for 10 episodes and then it just exists to culminate into a sob moment.

It's like there's little bits of subtlety to the characters but it never matters because in the end it doesn't feel like any of the characters organically ended up where they are but instead were tossed about the video screen by the plot, which was chaotic and incoherent.
>>
>>142617895
Definitely preferred the ED, but I just like the vocal performance.

>>142618124
Aren't they doing the kiznaiver OP?
>>
>>142615902
Everyone in this was so fucking unlikeable.
>>
>>142619155
Are you joking? Name a show with characters you would consider likeable
>>
>>142615902
The quintessential BONES ending. Loved it up until the last few episodes.
>>
Still better than eureka seven
>>
>>142618057
Literally Xam'd: Lost Memories
>>
Why are the character designs aping Ghibli's so hard?
>>
>>142615902
>>142616121
Felt like they planned to pace it like Eureka 7 then discovered they were ending in 26 eps so they rushed to wrap things up within the second half.
>>
>>142615902
Dropped the ball midway and became dogshit. The ending was complete shit too.
>>
DId this show have the worst MC of all time?
>>
I haven't seen the show but I like the second OP better than the first.
>>
>that ending

literally fucking why
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.