[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anime, manga, or book? Which do you prefer? I have already read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: Welcome_to_the_nhk.jpg (52 KB, 420x456) Image search: [Google]
Welcome_to_the_nhk.jpg
52 KB, 420x456
Anime, manga, or book?
Which do you prefer?

I have already read the manga and seen the anime. Is the book worth reading?
>>
manga > book = anime
>>
How does the book compare to the other 2 versions?

The manga is obviously much darker and very different from the anime. Where does the LN fall?
>>
Because without drugs as explanation, the erratic exploits of our hero are just silly
>>
The novel is quite different from the manga, it is closer to the anime, but some events are missing (like the island and pyramid scheme arc) but it has other events the anime didn't have. It is also probably the darkest of them all, but you should definetly read it, because it drives the point home much better.
>>
>>142606838
Just finished chapter 1. I obviously wouldn't expect the first chapter to change too much, but based on the writing style it is hard for me to imagine it being darker than the manga.

You sure its the darkest of the 3?
>>
>>142605008
The book is the same plot as the anime but a little more detailed and Misaki is less moe-fied.

She isn't as psycho as the manga but has more of an edge to her.
>>
File: nhk_v04_c020p024.jpg (50 KB, 728x1040) Image search: [Google]
nhk_v04_c020p024.jpg
50 KB, 728x1040
Manga > all

Embrace the darkness
>>
>>142604232

I'very read the manga and I have the book sitting on my desk, but I can never bring myself to read it. Whenever I try, it feels like I'm wasting my life and I have to go do something productive.
>>
>>142610407
I feel the same way, surprisingly. I'm finally reading the book now, but its been on my shelf for almost 3 years now
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.