[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: we fix the second half of gurren lagann >Build up the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Kamina.png (1 MB, 1280x959) Image search: [Google]
Kamina.png
1 MB, 1280x959
ITT: we fix the second half of gurren lagann

>Build up the anti-spirals more and make them interesting antagonists, introduce black and white spiral man earlier
>have a more roadtrip (in space) feel, like the first half
>3-4 more eps

What would you change?
>>
File: wvt3cXAd.jpg (36 KB, 680x380) Image search: [Google]
wvt3cXAd.jpg
36 KB, 680x380
the movie's perfect. it trims everything that isn't directly relevant to Simon
>>
>>142550044

finished it yesterday (yes i know one decade late) so i will probably wait like a month before seeing the movies, do they really improve it that much?
>>
Remove it

Fixed
>>
The only thing wrong with the second half of Gurren Lagann is that the visuals got a little too bland and 'generic anime' throughout most of it, but even then from Kittan's death onwards it gets back to being as great as the first half. The story was great and everything fit together wonderfully.

But /a/ decided that Gurren Lagann has no themes beyond 'believe in yourself' and 'anything is possible if you believe in yourself' and going any deeper is 'reading too much into it' despite echoing the writer's own comments and I've not succeeded at changing anyone's mind for the past decade. So fuck it.
>>
>>142550111
No.

There are things that the movie does better, sure, but also some things that are worse. The dumbest moment was "LITTLE BY LITTLE WE EVOLVE WITH EACH TURN" monologue being superimposed over footage of the extra "EPIK AND HUGE" form they added in.
>>
File: gur01.png (2 MB, 1347x763) Image search: [Google]
gur01.png
2 MB, 1347x763
>>142550111

There's reused footage but some new things. Much of the political stuff before going to the moon is cut and the script flows better by removing extraneous bits (parts where they fight random anti-spirals and no meaningful plot development is happening is also cut). Some of the soundtrack changes are more appropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C-hbz1WlbM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD9vBPjZ-OM

Only thing that's a bit worse is Kittan's death since his screentime while Simon was in prison is removed. But there's a short exchange with Darry and Gimmy before libera me from hell starts playing that sort of makes up for it.
>>
>>142549960
>>have a more roadtrip (in space) feel, like the first half

This, it needed more adventure/exploration
>>
>>142550044
>the movie's perfect
this. nia's tits are shown near the end.
>>
>>142549960
But the second half is already great
>>
File: SaHa_Victim_Girls_4_04.jpg (491 KB, 1200x1849) Image search: [Google]
SaHa_Victim_Girls_4_04.jpg
491 KB, 1200x1849
There, Fixed.
>>
>>142550596

This is the worst thing I've read in my entire life. Fuck you.
>>
>>142550115
Turn the later half into a SoL filled with ecchi scenes.
>>
>>142550111
Yes
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.