[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/a/'s thoughts on Durarara? (including all the x2s)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 71772.jpg (49 KB, 225x318) Image search: [Google]
71772.jpg
49 KB, 225x318
/a/'s thoughts on Durarara? (including all the x2s)
>>
>>142545502
i remember enjoying s1. then too much time passed and i stopped giving a shit, forgot everything, and dropped s2 after 2 episodes. they missed the boat.
>>
Gone on too long

I am surprised people still care about the LN since the timeskip
>>
>>142545610
Yeah, I remember reading the LNs. good times.
>>
I enjoyed the first season but it was all down hill from there. By the end of the series I didn't care for any of the characters except for Celty and Shinra.
>>
I actually liked it

Especially when Mikado was slowly turning into a psychopath.
>>
File: DURARARA!!.600.1218582.jpg (69 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
DURARARA!!.600.1218582.jpg
69 KB, 600x600
Absolute dogshit. I even hoped that the slut sisters would be able to save it at some point but that never happened of course.
>>
I liked it.

But I'm really ignorant about LN stuff.
>>
>>142545876
The Twins were really cute I stopped caring about the show when they got sidelined
>>
>>142545502
The ending was shit. I mean so much shit was happening. Midako was going insane. Izaya and Shizuo where fighting each other for real. Celty got her head back. Saika was going out of control.

You would think. "Oh wow so much shit is happening i bet a few people die and some things will change".

But no...everything went well in the end. Everyone surrived, Celty lost her head again i mean wtf is that shit. Why did they build so much up just to pull out in the end.
One of the shittiest endings ever.
>>
>>142545502
I love it. SH is great too, would love to see it animated.
>>
>>142547223
Dying isn't the only way things could change. The characters themselves changed. It's how Narita rolls.
>>
>>142545502
Luved it although the ending was not as climactic as I had hoped it would be
>>
>>142545502
One of the few good light novel adaptions of a great light novel. I like it.
>>
New season when?
>>
>>142545502
I enjoyed it all. Never really got the hate.
>>
>>142546832
>sidelined
They were never in front. They got some focus for an episode to properly introduce and frame them, like many characters, but that's it.
>>
The longer it went on, less I liked it, but I overall I enjoyed it all the way.
It's propably, because I didn't like how serious it was starting to get and there being consequences. I wanted happy lighthearted adventures with supernatural elements. Not people gettting their bones broken and landing in hospital. Remember when some random thug got hit by Shizuo, flew many meters, while impact almost completley stripped him? That was funny. We dont see him get hurt, so it was fine.
Meanwhile at the end of second or third season he hits some reocuring kidnapper and they guy gets his arm annihilated with bone being outside body. That's not ok.
Another problem was how, last season failed to deliver. Each episode I was sure that SHIT WILL GO DOWN on next episode, but it never really did. I understand jumping with narration to show, what was happening at the same time, but it was breaking tension and flow. At some point, I think there were simply too many characters introduced. I didnt have problem following/remembering who is who, but many of them despite having ability, didnt get chance to shine.
I will have to rewatch everything, before I conclude whether Mikado change was done well or not. As of now Im leaning towards no, but I propably forgot most details.
>>
I read the light novels quite a while ago but ended up dropping the second season a few episodes in; I continued to download them, but never ended up watching them. From what I recall, Mikado and Anri were my favourite characters. Would it be worth it to stick out the rest of the anime to see how they adapted the two aforementioned characters?
>>
File: Drr Shingen.webm (295 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Drr Shingen.webm
295 KB, 1280x720
>>142545502
Loved season 1 and while there was a drop in quality I still enjoyed season 2 a lot.
>>
>>142545502
I lost track of what episode I was up to and then never bothered to go back, last thing that happened was Izaya getting stabbed.

It was enjoyable up till that point, even with it's flaws.
>>
File: shizuo finger point.jpg (156 KB, 818x1200) Image search: [Google]
shizuo finger point.jpg
156 KB, 818x1200
>>142545502

I loved it.
>>
File: 1456027138040.webm (1 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1456027138040.webm
1 MB, 853x480
>sempai shows up
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.