[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>What was the Misago? >Why are most robots female? >What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: Cafe.jpg (218 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Cafe.jpg
218 KB, 1024x768
>What was the Misago?
>Why are most robots female?
>What happened to humanity?
>Why do Alpha's owner gives her a gun?
>Why create the Alpha series?
>What is and why is there a Taapon?
>What are the mushroom things?

What are your YKK theories and headcanons, /a/?
>>
>What was the Misago?
It was implied it was a robot from the early alpha series, they described a robot who hated wearing clothes and it looked kinda like her.

>Why are most robots female?

No idea.

>What happened to humanity?

Doesn't matter. One day humanity will die, either from a sudden disaster or a slow waning of population.

Not a surprising thing to do, considering he was leaving her alone and there probably isn't a great law enforcement.

>Why create the Alpha series?

If we could create robots that looked and functioned like perfect human beings, we would.

>What is and why is there a Taapon?

People predicted the disaster that is causing the world to end, and made a flying thing to avoid it.

>What are the mushroom things?

Probably just a random plant. Seemed to me that the thing with a face that everyone revered was just a very old mushroom thing, though.

I wish this series was longer. I know it was all about the atmosphere and mono no aware and stuff but so much was unexplained. When I finished it I felt really unsatisfied.
>>
>>142534985
I have a theory that could explain why most robots are female.

Let's say that the flood/nuclear catastrophe that exterminated humanity left more men that women.

If there was a war that would explain it, given that cities were the ones that flooded.

Anyway, in an attempt to restore humanity, they created human like robots, the Alpha series, however the plan did not work and humanity's fate was to slowly fade away.

>14 Volumes

I also wish it was longer, even if it's actually pretty long. Hell, considering how little known it is for the time it ran I'm surprised it got finished.
>>
>>142535281
In the manga, it said that there was a design defect in the men and it meant they all died quickly except that one guy. So it's likely originally that there were similar numbers of male and female robots.

Do you think that Alpha and Kokone was a thing by the end? There was definitely some attraction on Kokone's end.

Also, how do you interpret Alphas conversation with Makki about how she was from a different 'age' to Takahiro.

Was she attracted to him but accepted it couldn't work? Or was she trying to reassure Makki that she wasn't trying to steal him?

The interaction in YKK was great. Very nuanced and subtle for manga.
>>
>>142535515
I'd say it was definitively a thing. In fact i'd say it could've been a thing before of the end but Alpha needed to learn about freedom and Kokone about his origins, once they were happy with what they learned, they were ready to be together.

I think Alpha knew that her time with any human was limited, however I don't think she realised that until the talk with Oji before his death (which was amazingly done, by the way). So she just didn't want to give Takihiro any false hope, In regard of why was alpha so "touchy" or affective with Takihiro I would say that Alpha is just like that. Sound weird saying that from a fictitious character but YKK has some of the best writting ever anyway.

What do you think about Alpha's owner's gift being Kokone instead of the camera? It would not only make sense but it would be incredibly sweet. Read that a while ago and it's been on my mind since.
>>

Did you forget that it was a beautiful and expensive gun? It had pearl inlay and stuff. It's mostly a memento.
>>
>>142535848
Did Oji die? I don't remember that.

Nah robots are treated like people in this manga, you can't give them as gifts. Alpha wouldn't like it.
>>
>>142536225
No, I mean. Like a metaphorical gift, when Kokone gives Alpha the camera she says it was a gift from owner, but in fact the gift was Alpha metting Kokone. Not even like a lover, but a friend.

Also Oji is not mentioned to die per se. But the last you hear form him is him telling Alpha that "it's going to get even more lonely around here". Alpha realises that Oji is referencing his death, and cries on his shoulder. Next chapter is a time skip. Oji is nowhere to be seen and it's not talked about in the rest of the manga.
>>
>>142536110
it could also be a protection thing, Alpha is cute and there's not a lot of people.

Or maybe he thought Alpha would eventually try to kill herself
>>
File: YKK_122_15.png (83 KB, 545x800) Image search: [Google]
YKK_122_15.png
83 KB, 545x800
>>142536435
Do you mean here? She cries because she realises her shop will eventually be taken over by the waves. Oji makes one more appearance, but is mentioned once as well.

Although after the time skip when Makki had a child - I suppose he did die.
>>
>>142536435
that is POSSIBLE! I have never thought of it that way before. Maybe it's looking a bit deep, but I like it.
>>
It's been too long for me to remember any theories.
>>
>>142536694
Hmm. I need to re-read it, I could swear that he doesn't appear again.

>>142536736
I think is pretty cute. However that would mean that Owner never intended to return (which is kinda obvious), but since we don't know who or where did he go, that just gives him a little more character.
>>
The first set of OVAs is so much better than the second. It would blow anything else out of the water if it got a full treatment. I'm collecting all the volumes of the manga as motivation to work on my reading because the scanlations look so bad.
>>
File: YKK_122_13.png (119 KB, 545x800) Image search: [Google]
YKK_122_13.png
119 KB, 545x800
>>142536924
>>
File: YKK_122_14.png (104 KB, 551x800) Image search: [Google]
YKK_122_14.png
104 KB, 551x800
>>142537005
>>
File: cafealphalarger.jpg (220 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
cafealphalarger.jpg
220 KB, 1600x1200
I want to _be_ Alpha
>>
>>142537005
>>142537142
Might seem far-fetched but here I think Oji san is telling Alpha that his time is running. I mean, at this point Taki is an adult, Oji must be pretty old.

Then telling him that once he's gone she can use his house while the waves are high as much as she want. Neither Him nor Taki/Makki are going use it anymore.
>>
>>142537254
Not farfetched - you are definitely right.
>>
What about Taapon?

(They flying thing with the girl)
>>
>>142533368
I hate to interrupt the discussion, but where can I read this? Should I just download the volumes from Manga Traders?
>>
>>142538021
There's a couple of torrents with great quality.

>>>/t/609015

Just go to Y and you should see Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. I'd also recommend anything that interest you from this torrent. It's bretty good.
>>
>>142538021
Same place you'd download most manga.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.