[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Super's getting it's own Android arc! It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: Saga-cell.png (310 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
Saga-cell.png
310 KB, 500x373
>Super's getting it's own Android arc! It's saved!

But the Android/Cell arc was fucking garbage.

- Cyborgs made on Earth are somehow stronger than Freeza
- No creativity in the fights anymore
- Most of the fights are just one-sided beatdowns
- Arc keeps changing who the main villain is
- All of the villains were dull and boring save for Imperfect Cell
- Characters continually act stupid just for the sake of advancing the plot
- Gohan is randomly forced into the spotlight despite doing fuck-all in the arc beforehand
- Gohan acts completely out of character against Cell even before he goes SSJ2
- Worst final fight in the series

Why do people insist on blindly praising this fucking arc? It's no better than the Boo arc.
>>
>>142503501
17 vs Piccolo was one of the best fights in all of Dragonball
>>
>>142503532
If you're retarded, sure.
>>
>>142503532
>in all of dragonball
Not even in Dragonball Z was it close to being one of the best. Literally all the ones pre-android take a gigantic shit on it. Even Future Trunks vs Mecha Frieza.
>>
>>142503501
There are already 2 DBZ threads here god damn it.
>>
>>142503670
>Future Trunks vs Mecha Frieza

That wasn't even a fight.
>>
>>142503501
>Gohan is randomly forced into the spotlight despite doing fuck-all in the arc beforehand
But the show builds up Gohan for like 100 episodes. I don't think the arc was amazing or anything, but it's not any shittier than the others.
>>
>>142503919
It's shittier than the Saiyan and Freeza arcs.
>>
>>142503532

I agree.
>>
>>142504455
No you don't.
>>
At least it's better than Super.
>>
>Super's getting it's own Android arc!

Yay, even MORE recycled shit! Gotta get those nostalgiafag bucks!

Right in muh childhood feelz, amirite?
>>
Super is literally just regurgitating old shit over and over and over.

Dragon Ball is finished.
>>
>>142503501
>It's no better than the Boo arc.
In fact, it's way worse. The writing of the Boo arc might've been shit but it was fun, entertaining and comfy as fuck. The Cell arc suffers from the same problems the Boo arc did, but it also took itself way too seriously.
>>
>>142505698
The Boo arc had too much trouble deciding when it wanted to be funny and when it wanted to be serious. The comedy completely undercuts the tension in cases like the Gotenks vs Boo fight, which ends up making scenes that should have us invested turn out to be complete slogs to get through because the humor and tension cancel each other out.

Compare this to something like the Piccolo Daimao arc, which knew how to blend comedy and seriousness together at appropriate times without one letting the other nullify itself. If the Boo arc's intention was to replicate the feel of OG Dragon Ball, then it failed miserably.
>>
>>142503501
>>142505698
>Boo arc
My nigger what?
>>
>>142506139
Buu is the Funimation English dub spelling, Boo is the manga spelling.
>>
>>142506164
Didn't know that desu
>>
All of Z is garbage.
>>
>>142503501
> Super's getting it's own Android arc!

Just because Future Trunks is returning doesn't make it an "android arc"

Unless Black is an android, but we have no reason to believe that.
>>
>>142503532
This. Just wish that it was longer in the manga. I am glad that the anime extended it.
>>
I don't know man. I actually liked the Cell arc because it was the first (and last time) that we got to see Gohan being a badass. And yes, I am heavily biased because Gohan was my favorite character growing up.
>>
>>142503501
>somehow stronger
>What is Arale
>no creativity in the fights
>Piccolo vs 17, 16 vs Cell, etc
>changes main villain
>once with Cell arriving
>dull
>projecting
>stupid for sake of plot
>Frieza not using final form immediately at start & blowing up Namek when Dragon Balls don't work
>Gohan
>muh potential
>out of character
>doesn't remember Gohan wanted to be a scholar at the start
>>
>>142509124
How is Gohan becoming a tortuous psychopath that gets his father killed "badass"?
>>
>>142509136
>What is Arale

Is that really an argument? She's from a gag manga with a short appearance in early DB. Taking her into consideration, though, she would've easily backhanded Freeza.
>>
>>142509280
So would Devilman.
>>
>>142509124
>I like an entire arc just for one moment

okay
>>
>>142509329

Nah, Freeza could kill Devilman before he could process a thought. If Freeza stood completely still and didn't bother dodging, sure. Devilman could kill most villains in that scenario.
>>
>>142503501

Androids Saga would have been better if characters actually tried teaming up instead of being fighting autists and dialing down the idiot levels.
>>
>>142509600
>If Freeza stood completely still and didn't bother dodging
>puny earthling can't do shit
>I'm going to play around by not using my hands nor final form
>I'll let him have the first hit because he can't do shit
>>
>>142503532
Goku vs Vegeta round 1 is
>>
>>142503532

Even without Cell horning in, Piccolo was gonna lose to 17 in the long run. It started out good but ended as a disappointment pretty much like the only other decent fight in the Androids Saga which was Goku vs Cell.
>>
>>142509710
but that's the great thing about the arc, it's about those fighting autists dialing down the idiot levels, like when vegeta went from a total psycho to not being above shooting Cell from behind.
>>
>>142503501
>But the Android/Cell arc was fucking garbage.

Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>142503501
>No creativity in the fights anymore
>Most of the fights are just one-sided beatdowns
This. This is when things went from "Non-Saiyans are useless, but at least contribute a good fight or two " to "Saiyan or GTFO"
>>
Super, like GT, could only be 'saved' by one thing.

If it was about Goten and Trunks.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.