[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this poped up at the begging of Horrible's release of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Crunchyroll Intro.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Crunchyroll Intro.webm
3 MB, 640x360
So this poped up at the begging of Horrible's release of Luluco ep. 10, is this going to be a thing now?
>>
File: hs.png (66 KB, 816x666) Image search: [Google]
hs.png
66 KB, 816x666
>>142496051
>>
>>142499681
I still don't understand how they're able to get away with it considering how prolific they are
>>
>>142499751
It's just so easy to do.
>>
>>142500779
but do these huge sites really not give a fuck to take legal action?
>>
>>142501078
Probably they understand it´s pointless. If they took HS down others would take their place.
>>
>>142501078

I don't know if there's good evidence that horriblesubs is really hurting crunchyroll. Or in other terms, crunchyroll might just be profitable enough that they don't care.

The companies that tend to want to resort to litigation are the failing ones, such as the music industry, or those that have such obnoxiously large legal teams that it is just as much their business to sue as to create/invent such as large tech companies like Sony/Apple/Microsoft.
>>
I don't mind it, at least it's giving credit to the company that actually translates it so that newfags will stop thinking HS translates.
>>
>>142499751

Anime community backlash. They'd ruin their PR and that may affect their subscriber count.
>>
>>142501160
Even if they took down the HS site it wouldn't accomplish jack shit since almost everyone just grabs the torrents from Nyaa anyway.
>>
>>142496051
Honestly it's a pretty good idea from their point of view. They know people are going to rip the episodes and torrent them, this way they get free advertisement in the process, maybe a few people who torrent HS shows are genuinely ignorant of where they come from and wind up getting a CR subscription. If it keeps them from trying to shut them down or pursue legal action then by all means.
>>
I'm not surprised, I just wonder why it took them this long to do. Funimation has been doing it forever.
>>
>>142496051
Would be nice if they could automatically cut off the few seconds that have the intro.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.