[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I saw G-RECO to the end today and what exactly was so allegedly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: the only good thing.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the only good thing.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
I saw G-RECO to the end today and what exactly was so allegedly deep about this show?

They introduce some events early on in the show which comes into play later on that is about it.
>>
>>142475770
>G-RECO
It's as deep as your urethra.
>>
A lot of people here have attention span disorder
>>
People watching a bunch of shit every week and a 7 day gap between episodes made it difficult for unengaged viewers to follow.
>>
>>142475770
There's nothing deep about it, which begs the question of how so many retards didn't understand what was going on.
>>
It's not deep. Who told you it was deep?
>>
>>142475770
>>142475829
>>142475945
>>142475946
Found the retards.
>>
>>142475980

Go take your meds, Tomino.
>>
>>142475770
Sophisticated anime that assumes there is an intelligent audience for well-written, off-center, ambitious entertainment. Tomino has created a contemporary masterpiece. The breadth and ambition of G-Reco are unrivaled. It's an astonishing display of writing, acting and storytelling that must be considered alongside the best literature and filmmaking in the modern era.

G-Reco has done something that has never been done before on anime. It has taken a look at a conflict between different groups of people, and done so in a manner that brings about understanding, and feelings of compassion for all the characters involved. Rather than moralizing, and encouraging the viewers to root for one side over the other, G-Reco encourages the viewer to take the wider view, and be disturbed by the tragedy of all the characters being involved in the conflict in the first place.

Tomino crafted not a toy commercial, not a "anime", but a universe. It's every bit as detailed, every bit as supple and responsive as ours. It's a moving Sistine Chapel ceiling.
>>
How is G Reco I guess ill watch it when I finish 00 and Unicorn.
>>
File: g-reco.jpg (220 KB, 824x810) Image search: [Google]
g-reco.jpg
220 KB, 824x810
>>
G-Reco is just a shitty Turn-A
>>
File: 1412476475965.jpg (63 KB, 646x617) Image search: [Google]
1412476475965.jpg
63 KB, 646x617
>>142475770
>actually falling for this
I like G-Reco, but come on.

>>142476518
>ill watch it when I finish 00 and Unicorn
Don't do this. You should only watch it if you've seen the entirety of UC and Turn A.

According to different interviews Tomino either asked for 50 episodes or felt too old to direct that many. Either way, the storytelling suffers and does not make sense for people with little exposure to Gundam; but if you've seen a lot of Tomino's works and know what to expect then it should be a lot more accessible to you.

If that doesn't sell it to you, wait for the movies.
>>
>>142476553
BRAVO TOMINO
>>
>>142476872
>You should only watch it if you've seen the entirety of UC and Turn A.
Don't be a retard, for all practical purposes except in name this is an AU and there's pretty much nothing from those series that's required knowledge before watching it.
>>
>>142475770
Still the best anime of the decade. Prove me wrong.
>>
File: CIdI3QCUMAE7mde.jpg (74 KB, 786x1024) Image search: [Google]
CIdI3QCUMAE7mde.jpg
74 KB, 786x1024
Too much lickable pussy.
>>
HAHAHAHA
>>
Can't wait for movie(s)
>>
File: five pages.png (1 MB, 795x1920) Image search: [Google]
five pages.png
1 MB, 795x1920
>If the first movie doesn't do well, there won't be a second

I'd be pretty fucking sad if that happens.
>>
It's not deep
Some retards didn't understand it anyways
Then it was flooded with shitposting on all sides because Tomino
>>
>>142477893
>the storytelling suffers and does not make sense for people with little exposure to Gundam; but if you've seen a lot of Tomino's works and know what to expect then it should be a lot more accessible to you.
>>
File: aida booty.jpg (310 KB, 752x1062) Image search: [Google]
aida booty.jpg
310 KB, 752x1062
>>142480034
Deep
>>
File: manual.gif (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
manual.gif
3 MB, 640x360
>>142481086
>>
>>142475770
It's not that G-Reco was particularly deep, it's that the average casual anime fan has ADHD and can't follow it.
>>142476593
I liked the world building in G-Reco more.
>>
>>142475770
G-Reco is literal trash. Who ever tricked you into watching this should be shot.

t. /m/
>>
>>142477893
There's a ton of things that you would appreciate more, like the Towasanga MS looking like Zanscare MS, and the moonlight butterfly.
>>
>>142477893
You won't have the necessary stockholm syndrome towards Tomino to enjoy G-Reco if you haven't forced yourself through the entire franchise.
>>
Tomino Gundam is the only Gumdam worth watching
>>
>Watching Tomino beamspam instead of the superior IBO
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.