[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why is transporting fucking islands (also lol that thing is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1465110022370[1].jpg (194 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465110022370[1].jpg
194 KB, 1920x1080
So why is transporting fucking islands (also lol that thing is nearly a kilometer vertical and displaces practically nothing compared to its size) smarter than just flying or shipping your tanks to different countries like normal people? Is this convenience for a single sport important enough to justify these tillion dollar superstructures and construction of entire towns?
>>
Here's your pity reply. I won't give you a (you), tho.
>>
>>142450575
The world is ending due to global warning causing rising sea levels. The schools are literally arks and they hold competitions to decide who gets to stay on the ships and who stay behind on land (and will die). War is done by women for future re-population (Obviously they only want the genes of the strongest as they're more like to survive in 'Waterworld'-esqe post apocalyptic world). Also Miho is actually a boy chosen to breed with fellow students.
>>
There's no wars anymore, right? They gotta do something with the leftover defense budget.
>>
>>142450575
It's a SOL with tanks. Deal with it, OP.
>>
>>142450575
First of all, you should have learned the lesson about efficiency of prime mover scaling superbly with displacement from Isambard Kingdom Brunel, or you are too underaged for this board. By the way, the logistics involved with these floating municipalities which make scheduled voyage are already accounted for, so there's no need to incur unnecessary overhead by cargo airlift for tanks.
>>
>>142450782

Why would you assume I know nothing about the show?
>>
>>142451031
Are you implying my explanation was somehow inaccurate?
>>
>>142451063

Yes.
>>
>>142450804
Some of those ships are so big they'd show on a map of the world. They simply couldn't be constructed because of the scaling you say is proof it can be done. Well it can't because the mass of things scales as the cube of the linear size, but the load-bearing capacity of steel or any other material scales according to its cross-sectional area, which is only the square of its linear size. So you have to make the steel even thicker, and eventually you'd get to the point where it just won't float because the overall density is too great.
>>
>>142451348
They use carbon coated steel to make them.
>>
>>142452745
Why are you bumping all threads from page 10? Are you retarded?
>>
>>142450575
>lol
Fuck off.
>>
>>142451348
I see you know nothing about engineering.
>>
>>142450782
good boy that's some quality typo
"The world is ending due to global warning"
>>
>>142450575
OP, you crossposted this from fucking /m/, of all places.
Just being on /m/ requires having the basic ability of suspending your disbelief.
You clearly fail at this.
>>
>>142450575
>not investing to the future of humanity
>>
File: mpc-hc 2015-01-05 15-41-40-94.jpg (197 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
mpc-hc 2015-01-05 15-41-40-94.jpg
197 KB, 1600x900
The answer is right there but your autism over took you before you were able to read the subtitles that explain it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.