[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What anime had the biggest impact on /a/? Madoka, TTGL, Code
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 1464298779930.jpg (40 KB, 371x593) Image search: [Google]
1464298779930.jpg
40 KB, 371x593
What anime had the biggest impact on /a/?
Madoka, TTGL, Code Geass or the rebuild movies?
>>
>>142408681
Haruhi and K-on.

Or EoE.
>>
>>142408681
Fate shits, k-on, and Free.
>>
K-ON created a generation of moefags
Eva created a generation of DEEPfags
TTGL created a generation of MANIMEfags
Geass created a generation of shitters.
Naruto/Bleach/OnePiece created couple generations of retarded children
>>
>>142408681
1) haruhi/luckystar
2) bakemonogatari
3) code geass
4) color wars
>>
>>142408681

Code Geass
K-on
Haruhi
PSG
TTGL
Free (mostly for the shitstorm though)
>>
>>142408911
yellow>green>>>>>>>>shit>blue>red
>>
I think Kill la Kill had the biggest impact on /a/ I remember threads filling up the entire catalog when it was airing.
>>
Haruhi/Lucky Star
And to a smaller extent Fate before that.
>>
>>142408994
red = green >>> blue > *
>>
>>142408994
>not having purple on there at all
>yellowshitter

wew.
>>
Haruhi introduced most people to non-action oriented anime
>>
>>142408681
Haruhi or Rozen Maiden
>>
>>142408681
>>NGE/REBUILD
>>TTGL

>>142408840
>>K-ON
>>NGE
>>TTGL

>>142408960
>>TTGL
>>FREE!

some issues I have with these answers
1) NGE/REBUILD - show aired 8 years before /a/, it's influence was think on /a/ and anime as a whole long before MOOT built this place. So I think while in a way this answer isn't wrong, i'd say it's always been a part of /a/'s culture, and frankly the rebuilds have added almost nothing to the discussion. so i'll say this really shouldn't be on the list. It's unarguably the most influential anime in the history of the industry, but it had no special impact on /a/ beyond that.

2) K-ON - k-on rode the coat tails of Luckystar and Haruhi, the fanbase was preformed and ready for it. So while k-on and moeblob craze was huge, it wasn't transformative. Haruhi and Luckystar were the 1-2 punch that created the moeblob / kyoani craze around here. And should be recognised as truly "transformative" anime in the history of /a/

3) TTGL - I almost included this in my list, but in the end I decided not to. While the anime created a shitstorm on /a/ it did zero to actually impact /a/'s culture. TTGL is a lot of pretty colors and cool shit, but it made almost no lasting impact here. Nothing like deathnote or code geass did anyway. It made even a less of a lasting impact then colorwars which is shocking if you think about it. TTGL was a fun anime, but it's cultural significance is almost negligible.

4) FREE - yaoi landwhales get the fuck out of here. this anime was only significant in the amount of landwhale hate it generated, in the grand scheme of things it did nothing of importance to the culture of /a/

==========================

an anime that should have made my list >>142408911
as much as i hated it was Zero no Tsukihime. Which created the whole Rie Kugimiya / rabid tsundere fanbase around /a/ which pretty much dominated this board for 5-7 years.
>>
Actually old guy here.

Fate anime
Rozen Maiden
Haruhi
Fate UBW movie
Tengen Toppa Gureen Lagann
TTGL
Code Geass
Monogatari series too many to fucking list
K-on!
Eva 2.0
Madoka
K-on!!
K-on movie
Eva 3.0
Shinseki Yori
Umaru

All had huge threads about them and made the board shit themselves for days or cancerous for months. Either in love, obsession and/or hate for it.
>>
>>142409607

>>142409871
here

lucky star was just an annoying thing. it was never as big as k-on (also a huge step in Kyoto animation becoming ACTUALLY GOOD again) and some things that came later were much bigger.

also i forgot to mention manga has bigger moments than these anime. some shit has been hilarious such as SWIMMING in 2007.
>>
>>142409101

Every year there is at least one show that does that
>>
>>142409871
What about Disappearance? Didn't it have a huge impact back then or do you include it in "Haruhi
>>
Azumanga.

Really.
>>
>>142410092

consider it same as what i put for monogatari i didnt put too much care into that post.

also i forgot to mention that anyone who says ttgl is smaller than code geass to /a/ is deluded.

ttgl so cancerous it became a huge influence to the entirety of 4chan. i loved it when i airred but god damn i hate it now

FUCK I FORGOT >>142410141
>>
>>142408681
Code Geass to this day has continued to influence my personality and philosophy of the world.
>>
>>142408681
Akame ga Kill.
>>
>>142410826
It only got one +1k reply thread, and one week after that, everyone forgot about this shitty manga its even more shit adaptation.
>>
>>142410908
It got several 2k-3k-4k+ threads through all 2014.
>>
File: 1388273655757.jpg (445 KB, 1214x1461) Image search: [Google]
1388273655757.jpg
445 KB, 1214x1461
>>142409101
Anon, please!
>>
nothing beats this shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b-Jqoljpl4
>>
>>142409101
>biggest
No. Just stop. It only shows your new.

KLK is forgotten easily. It was much smaller than shit like Geass/Haruhi/Rozen Maiden/K-ON/TTGL
>>
The only one I vividly remember is Code Geass. My god what an experience. That fucking show just took over /a/ completely and it spawned so many fucking memes it was unreal. Show probably wouldn't have been half as entertaining if not for the threads.
>>
>>142410908
You fucking wot m8? The manga threads went 3 or 4k during the Incursio evolution shit. Shit was fucking insane.
>>
>>142411826
THIS
Geass 4 life.
>>
>>142408911
>Bakemonogatari
You wish, gorespammer
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.