[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember that when this came out, people was shocked to see a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: honneamise2.png (235 KB, 480x274) Image search: [Google]
honneamise2.png
235 KB, 480x274
Remember that when this came out, people was shocked to see a pair of boobs in. 30 years later we are surprised when an anime doesn't have fanservice. What have we done, /a/ ?
>>
It's not like there weren't any sexy OVAs around at the same time
>>
>>142364472
The scene was pretty shocking though watching a nice guy trying to rape his friend in front of a sleeping kid is kinda disturbing
>>
>>142364472
We haven't done anything, in fact, America literally doesn't matter to Japs.
>>
>>142364692
This really felt out of place and bizarre to me, I heard later that there are hints the girl is a prostitute and he doesn't understand why she's ignoring his advances but it still felt tacked on and never really went anywhere.
>>
>>142364472
>when this came out, people was shocked to see a pair of boobs
>1987
no, no they weren't
>>
>>142364472

I really hate that this is the only thing Royal Space Force is remembered for around here at all; it's by far my favorite animated movie.
>>
Too bad this movie was a commercial failure. Gainax produced such a masterpiece, and almost nobody remember.
>>
>>142366909

It did have some meaning. Shiro was portrayed for the most of the movie as being very conflicted about what to do with his life and his relationships with others. He's a very human character and this moment of weakness was meant to be part of that.
>>
>>142367380
In the scene immediately after it he said something like "Do you ever wonder if your life was a story that you were one of the bad guys?"
That with his prayer in the final scene were really great moments and they played off of that scene of weakness
>>
>>142367017
>>142367121
I rewatched it recently because I didn't remember it being this good. How did Gainax come out the gates with this?
>>
>>142364472
>people was shocked to see a pair of boobs in
Was they?

I don't think they was.
>>
>>142369134
Boobs weren't shocking. The scene was.
>>
Uru in Blue when
>>
>>142364472
They were probably shocked by the sudden attempted rape (and how poorly it was implemented in the movie), not the tits
>>
>>142371068
Could current Gainax deliver something worthy of the wait? These things are not animated with tomato sauce.
>>
>>142364472
>people was shocked to see a pair of boobs
AHAHAHAHA

Nigger, they showed 15 year old girls' bare tits on TV anime back then. The difference now is that they purposefully leave them clothed in the broadcast to make people buy the BDs.

On a side note, I've never seen this movie the whole way through, I think I'll go do that now.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.