[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was this movie trying to appeal to? Not Kaworufags. Mark
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9
Who was this movie trying to appeal to?

Not Kaworufags. Mark 06 was scrapped. Kaworu does fuck all. Dies yet again with his head exploding at the end in a gruesome fashion.

Not Asukafags. All she did was be a bitch, an unreasonable angry bitch.

Obviously not Reifags. Rei was basically not even in the movie.
>>
>>142347357
It wasn't made to appeal to anyone who wanted waifus or husbandos. It was made with the express purpose of conveying the alienation and isolation Shinji feels to the audience which it succeeded at flawlessly.
>>
>>142347468

Poor kid
>>
>>142347493
Don't you mean poor audience?
>>
it's art you smelly loser
>>
File: but he didn't get a donkey ride.jpg (103 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
but he didn't get a donkey ride.jpg
103 KB, 1920x816
>>142347357
>Who was this movie trying to appeal to?
Patricians. Gendo put Seele and their Child in the garbage and now has all of the shit.
>>
>>142347357
>Kaworufags
not Kaworustraights
>>
File: bullying.gif (1024 KB, 500x210) Image search: [Google]
bullying.gif
1024 KB, 500x210
>>142347357
>Not Asukafags. All she did was be a bitch, an unreasonable angry bitch.

Asukafag here. I liked it!
>>
>>142347357

faggots who wanted evangelion without the psychosexual issues and surrealist elements that made the original good
>>
Are NERV and WILLE fighting over dominance of the planet?

What exactly is the situation in on Earth right now as of 3.0? Like is there a government fighting against NERV? Or is WILLE an anti-government organization and it's NERV who is still being backed by the UN? Doesn't really seem that way since NERV looks deserted.
>>
>>142347468
>conveying the alienation and isolation Shinji feels to the audience

Maybe at the start, but then he went full retard with the spears. I say let him burn.
>>
>>142349262
The spears just drive home how dead set Shinji is on fixing what he thinks he's broke. He's desperate for a solution and when Kaworu offers one he becomes so fixated on making things right he ignores everything else, mirroring when he tried to save Rei in 2.0. This is the sets up for the next movie and brings us full circle with Shinji's constant inability to make things right in the world.
>>
>>142349539
Yes the spears drive home how much of a full retard he is.
>>
>>142349565
It's not about rational decisions, it's about emotional ones and how they constantly lead Shinji to disaster.
>>
>>142349633
Yes it's about how much of a full retard Shinji is.
>>
>>142349679
I feel like you're missing the point entirely.
>>
>>142349633
It's ACTUALLY about Hideaki Anno waving his dick around, wondering how much shit he can put on it before fans stop lining up to suck it clean.
>>
>>142349701
What do you mean?

You've just been agreeing with me the whole time. Is there something I'm missing?
>>
File: 1366782773294.jpg (731 KB, 2600x1374) Image search: [Google]
1366782773294.jpg
731 KB, 2600x1374
God fucking damn this movie was bad. Is there any possible way they can redeem it in 3.0+1.0?

>>142349743
This sounds right to me. I hope he isn't involved in the final movie at all. He's clearly in it only to make a fool of the fandom.
>>
>>142347357
No one. Anno made it with the intent of shitting on the fanbase as hard as he could. I kid you not.
>>
>>142349262
Shinji was comatose in space and then deliberately driven psychotic, he is excused. It's not like he spent the 14 years ignoring events to sit on a piano bench or anything.
>>
>>142349744
Saying Shinji went full retard isn't really being fair to him as a character. He's not doing what he does out of a lack of intelligence, he's doing it out of desperation.
>>
>>142349950
>He's not doing what he does out of a lack of intelligence

But that desperation comes from a lack of intelligence.
>>
>>142347357
>Not Kaworufags
bull-fucking-shit
there was a whole lot of gay fucking piano shit in this garbage
>>
>>142349999
Shiiiiiit
>>
>>142347357
Evangelionfags
Who care less about the actual characters as they do the world they live in.
>>
>>142347357
3.33 was strictly for fujoshits
>>
>>142349999
No it comes from an immense desire to fix the world that he's been told he's responsible for ruining. If you can't understand how powerful that kind of motivation could be I can do nothing for you son.
>>
>>142349826
>>142349826
Nah, but I'm sticking around for the soundtrack and a possible a good fight scene for the finale.

I have honestly never seen anyone on here show interest in the actual mechas of the show. Do any of you even care about the mecha aspect of the show?

I hope Unit 01 gets all crazy like it used to in NGE during BERSERK mode. Imagine it awakening and tearing itself out of the Wunder's engine while the ship itself bursts into flames, collides towards the ground and everyone aboard it dies.

Unit 13 fighting Unit 01 is very possible too. It's an awakened Eva just like 01 in 2.0, and I assume is now capable of planet destroying powers, such as laser beam eyes which it used to slaughter Zeruel right before Unit 01's power levels increased to the point where it reached god hood and started fusing with "all of creation" as Risuko said.

Expect some TTGL styled fight sequences.

There will be lasers.
>>
>>142350079
>No it comes from an immense desire to fix the world that he's been told he's responsible for ruining

Yes, and also stupidity, being unable to process the simple phrase of "those aren't our spears".

If he wanted to fix the world that he's been responsible for ruining, while ALSO being intelligent, he would have at least asked better questions than "what do?"
>>
>>142350106
>I have honestly never seen anyone on here show interest in the actual mechas of the show. Do any of you even care about the mecha aspect of the show?

I did until it all started to feel like random nonsense. Makes for cool fight scenes I suppose, but nothing that can really be discussed without heavy assumptions.
>>
>>142350160
To be honest, the entire point of the movie is that nobody is giving Shinji informations. It's easy for us, as viewers, to stand up tall and say "he should've done exactly this and because he didn't he's a retard". Kaworu never explained anything in a clear, concise way to him. Nor did Gendou, or Misato. Everyone eithers yells at him or simply stays stilent.
During the fight, Shinji actually does ask Kaworu about what's wrong. And Kaworu's answer is keeping silent, not even fighting, only to say "stop!" When it was too late.
Try to understand character motivations, please. Shinji is spelled out very clearly. He was in denial because he was being negated salvation right after being put in front of it. Also, don't forget, being manipulated by almost everyone around him. He has no free will, to a certain extent.
>>
File: 1331935870505.jpg (281 KB, 1063x360) Image search: [Google]
1331935870505.jpg
281 KB, 1063x360
The original mech design was attractive as hell. I'll take style over a "realistic" barrelchested Eva any day.

2.22's Zeruel fight was easily the best in the franchise, obviously followed by episode 19. Both were extremely well directed and the definitive high point of both series.
>>
>>142350160
I think you're over analyzing the actions of an incredibly desperate 14 year old boy and expecting him to make calculated decisions based on your external perspective but that's just my opinion man.

I'm not gonna argue this in circles so I can just be wrong and Shinji is retarded.
>>
>>142350106
I love the Evas. That's why I'm mad they got shat all over with high heels and dumb scythes and dogs with gun arms and "The whole thing is a core!"
>>
>>142350388
Eva 02 turning into a cat is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Seriously, what the fuck was that about?
>>
>>142350283
was meant for
>>142350106
>>
>>142350270
>people didn't explain anything to him

Me neither, the only thing I got from that was that those spears weren't the ones they wanted to pull. I had questions too, which shinji didn't ask. The reason that he didn't was because he is too dumb to ask them.

The best part was honestly when Rei comes to save him and Shinji angrily leaves. He even says something along the lines of "nobody is telling me anything, so why should I listen to you".

Also watch it again, Kaworu says stop numerous times when it was not actually too late.

I understand his motivations, that doesn't mean he isn't an idiot. I can understand my dog too, but that doesn't mean the dog is anything but stupid.
>>
>>142350283
>The original mech design was attractive as hell. I'll take style over a "realistic" barrelchested Eva any day.

Organs take up space and have weight to them too. Every held a human head before? No? Yeah, well neither have I but I'm told it weighs as much as bowling ball and more which is 18lbs.

More than you have lifted all year.
>>
>>142350425
Shinji is in a dream. That's why everyone is treating him how he thinks he deserves to be treated. The cat thing only confirms this.
>>
>>142350509
>Shinji is in a dream.

Nonono. That would be the stupidest shit ever.
>>
>>142350505
I already said I'd take style over function any day so what are you going on about?

>lifting
>>
>>142350475
>The best part was honestly when Rei comes to save him and Shinji angrily leaves. He even says something along the lines of "nobody is telling me anything, so why should I listen to you".
Maybe you forgot the fact that he just woke up in a different place, where everyone looks different and seem to hate him. When he asks something, he is either threated with disdain of with hate (Asuka punching the glass). He has no way to understand anything about what's going on and it's honestly jarring how could you even pretend that a 13 years old in such a situation should operate in a perfectly rational way.
He followed Rei because the Eva was the only familiar thing he has seen since waking up.

Seriously, I understand you hate Shinji but you are just conveniently disregarding the entire scenario he's put in.
>>
>>142350555
I wouldn't say that, it can only go up from here.
>>
>>142350593
Did you misread or something? The part you quoted has me literally telling you that it was the best part of the movie.

What's that you were saying about conveniently disregarding something?
>>
>>142350649
From how you worded it, I thought you were being ironic.
>>
>>142350649
>>142350713
I agree, it sounded sarcastic.
>>
>>142350713
Yeah I guess it would have sounded sarcastic.

Mainly the part where I meant he went full retard was with the spears. That's pretty much it. Should've mentioned that.
>>
further proof that americans should never watch evangelion
>>
Nobody you fucking retard.
It was the opposite to the fanservice mess that 2.22 was to get people mad.

>>142350283
>Both were extremely well directed

Until you realize how retarded the 2.22 version is.
>>
>>142350840
>Nobody you fucking retard

Hence why it sucked.
>>
Did they fake this result or is there nothing else in there after he leaves?
>>
>>142351112
It's either Rei or his mom forcing him out of the eva so he doesn't suffer piloting it anymore.
>>
>>142347468
In other words, Anno himself.
>>
File: stupid sexy gendo.jpg (237 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
stupid sexy gendo.jpg
237 KB, 700x525
>>142347357
Gendofags.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.