[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do Japanese people really do this? converse while facing away
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
do Japanese people really do this? converse while facing away from each other?
>>
Are Americans constantly walking away from explosions ans saying one liners?
>>
>>142319473
You mean you're not?
>>
>>142318385
American soap operas do the same thing. It's just someone's artistic vision, not anything having to do with real life.
>>
>>142319473
Yes.
>>
>>142318385
I think it's more of a metaphor where the two sides can't see eye to eye.
>>
>>142319473
Hello ESL
>>
Looking in the same general direction as your conversation partner is considered rude in japan. Probably.
>>
Yes, they're also standing at least 100 metres apart from each other when talking
>>
>>142318385

Yes, it is part of the Bushido code, which all Nipponese adhere strictly to.
If anyone ever makes eye contact they must fight to the death to regain their honour. If either party breaks eye contact they are considered dishonourable and are expected to commit sengoku.
Eye contact is the third leading cause of death in Nippon, number two being accidentally stumbling and touching a girls' nonos and number one being vans.
>>
>>142319473
we're always clapping for some reason
>>
File: 1436495855476.jpg (72 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
1436495855476.jpg
72 KB, 709x765
>>142318385
I used to did this to my friends and now they call me autistic.
>>
>>142320818
What about Japanese cold?
>>
>>142320818
You're thinking of Britain
>>
>>142321170
They're right.
>>
>>142321908
The Nipponese have built hospitals on every street corner dedicated to treating the deadly Nipponese cold, and every case is dealt with swiftly and efficiently, to avoid past mistakes.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.