[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pupa is the strangest anime i have ever watched.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: pupa.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
pupa.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
Pupa
>>
>>142317674
My favorite anime
>>
u sick freak.
>>
>>142317674
Saya no Uta done wrong
>>
I heard manga is pretty good.
>>
>>142317674
You can hardly call it watching seeing as only 5% of the screen was visible at any given time.
>>
>>142318018
Saya no Uta wasn't done right though. Urobuchi simply doesn't have talent.
>>
>>142318138
It's not but at least it's not as utterly disjointed as the show.
>>
>>142317674
Pupa is the worst anime I have ever watched.
>>
>>142317674
>that episode
>the random as fuck censoring
>the "pacing"
It was such a clusterfuck. I wonder how I was able to finish it.
>>
>>142320214
(you)
>>
>>142318138
I read the first chapters and it's fanfiction tier, the author's first fanfiction.
>>
>>142324150
Not him but Saya no uta is pretty shit. It's been too long to point out everything, but one exampe would be the neighbour guy who got introduced only to rape the girl and die shortly afterwards. It was so lazily written and that wasn't the only instance.
>>
>>142317674
Butt in Polish.
>>
Is it worth watching for the novelty
>>
>>142324351
You have to admit it was a hilarious VN thought.
>>
File: 021.png (195 KB, 960x1400) Image search: [Google]
021.png
195 KB, 960x1400
>>142317674
Oshiete oshiete yo
Sono shikumi wo
>>
>>142317674
If Pupa is the strangest anime you've ever seen, then I'd be willing to bet my left testicle that you haven't watched more than 20 anime in your entire life.
>>
I like Pupa mostly because it paved the way for mangaka Ishida Sui build his own universe in tokyo ghoul as he mentioned during one of his interviews.
>>
What is Pupa about?
>>
>>142324351
>>142324849
t. retards
The point of the neighbour was to illustrate how Saya would go to any extreme for Fuminori and to show her body modification abilities at work (by showing how she recreated Fuminori's condition) and to show Fuminori's descent to madness and how his mind is twisted by his desire to keep Saya safe and to be with her
Now, kill yourselves
>>
>>142324094
That's Deen for you.
>>
>>142317674
Watch more anime
>>
One of the anime that managed to be worse than SAO.
>>
>>142325561
Two siblings coming from an abusive family. Sisterone day changes into a monster one day. Sister is actually not real sister but a monster replicating his mother DNA.
>>
>>142325603
tl;dr
>>
>>142325603
It's lazily written you retard. They introduced him with his family, shit went down and he was gone.

The moment he showed up on screen you knew he exists only to fuck shit up and then die. It was incredibly predictable and shallow.

The fact that it was there to get a point across doesn't make it any better. Eat a dick Urobuchi fanboy.
>>
>>142325847
>x is shit because y
>explain why y isn't shit and the point of y
>TL;DR LOL LMAO
Thanks for confirming you're a retarded shitposter
>>
>>142326012
t.retarded Urobuchi sheep hater
Hang yourself
>>
>>142324351

It's a five hour long VN with Lovecraftian horror elements ... were you really expecting throwaway side characters to be used for anything over than to facilitate the plot?

For what it's worth, characters like the neighbor are there as an appeal to readers. H-scenes were an element of nearly all VNs, but that has been steadily reversing (Ever17, Higurashi, Umineko, Mahoyo, etc).
>>
>>142326049
I'm not even him.
>>
>>142324700
It's not funny bad, it's just really really bad
>>
>>142326272
I realized afer the actual retard wrote an actual reply (even if that reply is retarded and cherrypicking to justify his hate) after your post
But still kill yourself before replying to a post with tl;dr, you cancerous memer
>>
>>142326446
>you cancerous memer
That's how you call others after adding "LOL LMAO" to your greentext?
I'm not either of the two guys you were arguing with so far, but shut up.
>>
>>142326548
>defending a retard who posts tl:dr
>>>/reddit/
I was just highlighting how retarded the "tl;dr" shit is by adding "LOL LMAO"
But of course, a retard defending it wouldn't get it
>>
>>142326694
tl;dr has been with 4chan for longer than you.
If you don't like it, leave.
>I was just highlighting how retarded the "tl;dr" shit is
Yeah, in pure /v/ fashion.
Fuck off.
>>
>>142326139
Urobuchi did some alright stuff, but that doesn't mean he's incapable of producing shit.
>>142326694
>cherrypicking to justify his hate
I dislike it and gave you one out of many reasons, you fucking idiot. You're obviously not up for your discussion since otherwise you wouldn't have gone defensive little faggot mode and would've probably asked to further justify my opinion with the intend to refute my points, but it must be pretty hard thinking straight with Urobuchi's cock in your mouth.
>>142326694
You're pretty much shitting up the entire thread. It's incredible how you manage to fill every single post of yours with shitty memes and make yourself look like a cancerous 16 year old. Let's just hope you choke on Urobuchi's dick.

>>142326258
If you need to write more to make it better then just write more. I'm not saying that throwaway side characters aren't allowed to exist, but that should be the ones who don't have as much significance. You should avoid letting the audience know an entire character's fate the moment he is introduced, because if you do it's most likely because you created nothing but a stereotype that we've seen a million times already.

It's possible that some were surprised or even shocked, but I doubt that anyone who has read enough books or even seen enough movies/shows did not see this coming.

I don't intend to derail this thread any further, so don't expect any further replies.
>>
>>142327042
>if you like what I don't like, you're a retarded fanboy
Why should I want to have a serious discussion with a retarded hater again?
If you hadn't shat upon one of Urobuchi's best works for no good reason whatsoever (I tried to tell you how that part was good, but then you used buzzwords and started acting like a pretentious retard who expects every side character to be developed, I wouldn't have done this)
Now, kill yourself
Given your insistence on that scene, it's clear you have no other good points
>>
>>142327042

I agree that characters shouldn't be written in a way where their "fates are predictable," but I'm willing to give some allowances for insignificant characters. There was far more drama involved with the characters who are actually involved in affecting the plot in Saya no Uta, so the scenes involving Koji and Ryoko are very tense and unpredictable.

Short stories can be difficult to write, and take a lot of mastery to write well, but I do believe that they're an incredibly efficient mode of storytelling. When you don't have pages and pages to expend detailing the flora and fauna of Middle Earth, you have to tell more with fewer words, a feat Saya no Uta successfully accomplishes.
>>
>>142327258
*If you hadn't shat upon one of Urobuchi's best works for no good reason whatsoever (I tried to tell you how that part was good, but then you used buzzwords and started acting like a pretentious retard who expects every side character to be developed,) I wouldn't have done this and I would have taken you serously
>>
>>142326425
Nah it's pretty good
>>
File: narutaru.jpg (33 KB, 302x416) Image search: [Google]
narutaru.jpg
33 KB, 302x416
>>
>>142324700
I say yes, but most others say no.

The one billboard in the background of one scene playing a video of an irl girl chopping up dead fish for no reason is hilariously out of place.
And all of the eating sfx used in the series sound like they were filmed in one session by just holding a mic up to an intern's mouth while they ate sushi.
>>
>>142325790
>a monster replicating his mother DNA
That's kinda cool to be honest. Probably the only cool thing the series had, and the anime didn't even reach that point.
>>
>>142324351
>but one exampe would be the neighbour guy who got introduced only to rape the girl and die shortly afterwards
What's supposed to be the problem with this?
>>
>>142329750
A full adaptation would have been glorious.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.