[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just watched the rebuilds and found them amazing. I think the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
I just watched the rebuilds and found them amazing. I think the reason people shit on them is because they compare them to the series. I view them as more of an AU, and in that sense they're amazing. I finished Evangelion a while ago and wanted more, now I have more and the next one is coming out soon. I can't wait to see what Rei does because Rei in 2.22 was so amazing. Rei is best girl. What do you think /a/?
>>
>>142304847
ok
>>
>>142304847
I only really like 3.0 out of all three. I appreciate 1.0 and 2.0 because I'm a huge Evafag though. Although there's stuff I like in 3.0, I do acknowledge that the movie has a shit ton of flaws and ruined the entirety of Rebuild forever.
>>
the only bad one is the third one because it's got an idiot plot and subsequently much screen time is given to homosexual piano duets
>>
There's nothing "amazing" about them.

Entirely aside from comparisons to the original, they're shoddy looking, pap movies with uninteresting characters and poorly conceived directing. 1.0 doesn't even work as a film and 2.0 barely even does it, at that.
3.0 is just bad filmmaking all-around.

Of course, this is without entering into comparison territory, something that the Rebuilds actively invite by virtue of how they were plotted, and once you factor that in they become a complete disgrace.
>>
The Rebuilds should have just all been released alongside an Eva videogame or special manga edition as OVAs and not actual theatrical movies.

The plot so far is lol worthy.

>2.0 ends
>3.0
>suddenly timeskip
>everyone hates Shinji and there's nothing he can do about it
>We will never know who Mari is and what her goals were at the start of 2.0 thanks to the timeskip
>The Mark 06 designed for Kaworu is scrapped because fuck that timeskip and Anno thought Unit 13 looked cooler
>Esscentialy, we never got to see Kaworu actually use his Eva, why the fuck did you tease us so hard with it Anno? Why did you make it seem like the Mark 06 was going to be an important element to the story? Oh RIGHT! Its because you can't write for shit and 2.0's story arc is literally unfinished
>Kaworu's head explodes, letting us the audience know that there is no going back and Rebuild is fucked for good
>Rei is literally absent from the entire movie because Rei Q is in her steed, and we don't have a fucking clue if Rei Q is actually Rei or not, but the movie implies she is not, so now there are two Reis. A brain dead useless one with no personality, and the original Rei who is trapped inside Unit 01. Why in the fuck are there two Reis? Why Anno? WHY? What is going on? What the fuck is this man doing?
>>
maybe 4.0 will unfuck the series?
>>
>>142306479
The Rebuilds would have to be extended into 5.0 or 6.0 for that to work.

There is so much shit that needs to be fixed, it's impossible.
>>
>>142304847
3.0 is the only unique one even if it is retarded, somewhat boring and /a/ hates it, I liked the new designs and shit
>>
>>142306524
>5.0 is actually alternate 3.0 without the time skip
>>
>>142306479
How can you "unfuck" a poor product? It'll remain poor no matter what you try.

4.0 has to be something completely different visually and cinematically to redeem itself. And it won't happen.
>>
The Rebuilds are apparently so bad that even someone who likes them only has a single adjective to give to it as praise.

>>142304847
>amazing

They're enjoyable movies if you take them at face value. They also shit all over everything the original series stood for.
>>
I liked them all a lot
Rebuild 1.11 is a straight up remake with more budget and it looks a lot better
Rebuild 2.22 is a fantastic movie with a lot of stuff changing and getting added that keeps messing with your expectations
Rebuild 3.33 is visually spectacular, Misato's airship, the Evas, the destroyed earth, Lilith's chamber, it was phenomenal, the plot got crazier and unpredictable
I'm really looking forward to Eva 4.44 so we're all gonna have to wait
>>
>>142306841
>it looks a lot better
No it doesn't
>messing with your expectations
Yeah, if you were expecting something good Rebuild really messes with you
>visually spectacular
Spectacularly gross
>>
File: Eva3-33_C0812B_comp.jpg (605 KB, 966x2799) Image search: [Google]
Eva3-33_C0812B_comp.jpg
605 KB, 966x2799
>>142306905
You're a moron
>>
>>142306841
I liked 3.0's aesthetics and soundtrack as well, but don't fool yourself anon. You gotta accept Anno is a hack who got lucky with NGE, and the Rebuilds are trash that should have never been made.

I've got a love-hate relationship with the Rebuilds. Hate them because they're horribly written, and love....well appreciate them to say the least, because it's new Eva content that tries to be "big". I appreciate that because I do love seeing more Eva, even if just for a few fight scenes.
>>
Even as an AU thing I don't like them

>sterile looking CG animation
>all depth of the characters is stripped away
>goes full retard in 3.0
>Mari is a completely worthless character

The first two were at least entertaining, but I hated watching the third one. It was a total slog.
>>
>>142307107
Anno was always on the god tier of -directing-, from Gunbuster to his last Abenobashi episode. His other shows generally lacked something in the realms of writing, cohesiveness or ambition.

NGE is the only work he made where he truly put everything of himself into it, and at that point in his life he really had a lot to put forward. So it stands as his crowning achievement. But nobody has ever doubted that when it came to directing, Anno was a prodigy.

So it was really shocking to see how the Rebuilds turned out. They feel like assembly line disposable products rather than true creative efforts.
>>
File: 1420344271308.png (550 KB, 848x962) Image search: [Google]
1420344271308.png
550 KB, 848x962
The original was young Anno working out his depression on a shoestring budget. The Rebuilds are a somewhat less fucked up middle-aged Anno revisiting his past as a set of blockbuster movies.
>>
>>142304847
>the next one is coming out soon
Hahaha
>>
>>142305730
>pap movies
I've never seen anyone say pap online, let alone use it like that.

Are you African?
>>
>>142307246
Anno is just in a completely different mood and mental state now so no wonder his movies are gonna be different
>NGE Shinji is depressed as fuck and doesn't want to do anything
>Rebuild Shinji is determined and actively tries to do stuff which tends to fuck shit up even more
>>
>>142307577
That has nothing to do with it. I was talking about film-making, not narrative.
>>
>>142307867
What about it?
The have better animations and they're much more detailed
>>
>>142308031
You are filmically illiterate, sorry.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.