[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was dragonball z/super ever good? Or is it all just a super sayian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 17
File: sayn.png (313 KB, 678x356) Image search: [Google]
sayn.png
313 KB, 678x356
Was dragonball z/super ever good? Or is it all just a super sayian circle jerk?
>>
the fight with raditz is interesting and so is most of namek and the variety of movies and specials that arc spawned
>>
>>142249545
People gonna get piss the truth is both dragon ball z and super are really bad anime.
>>
Z was, for the most part. Super is pure shit.
>>
File: UfqDjRj.png (316 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
UfqDjRj.png
316 KB, 1024x640
Both better than shitstain GT. The only thing about GT that most fans can agree was kinda cool was SSJ4 Gogeta, other than that...total shit.
>>
>>142249545
Only nostalgia fags even watch super anon.
>>
>>142249545
>Retard can't form his own opinion
What's with DB threads having shitty OPs?
>>
File: c.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>142252391
>The only thing about GT that most fans can agree was kinda cool was SSJ4 Gogeta
>>
>>142252255
Back to look up why should People love Tomoko.
>>
Z started taking itself too seriously until the Buu arc, even if the Saiyan and Namek arcs are amazing.

Super is trying for the camp of the original but it's not really working. The series isn't sure whether the Gods are threats or complete jokes.
>>
z was interesting, then the endless namek ark happened and it turned in a super saiyan circle jerk
>>
File: 33451795_p30.png (52 KB, 400x252) Image search: [Google]
33451795_p30.png
52 KB, 400x252
>>142252391
I like SS4 in general and the shadow dragons were kinda a neat idea.

Also Pan was really fappable

SS4 Gogeta being more Vegito than Gogeta bothered me, though.
>>
Both have their moments.
Honestly, Super is good on average. It's just that the animation quality varies wildly from episode to episode. Both the Battle of the Gods and Resurrection of F arcs have reasons to watch the anime version as well as the movies.
>>
>>142252905
I also really liked SS4, I thought it looked way cooler than 3.
It was nice to see the Oozaru get some play because the damn monkey thing had been completely lost by that point.
I hope and pray the tails will come back similarly in Super.
>>
The Cyborg/Cell arc was the only time canon Dragon Ball was bad.
>>
File: 33451795_p29.png (111 KB, 574x607) Image search: [Google]
33451795_p29.png
111 KB, 574x607
>>142253199
You're better off abandoning that hope. There's no way they'd do something like that, not in Super.
>>
>>142253199

It was dumb and honestly the writing was terrible. But I could forgive all of that shit, all of it if wasn't for how Vegeta needed blutz waves to be SSJ4. Oh ya, way to shatter what was left of his pride some more. Jesus fucking christ was that bad.
>>
>>142253370
>We won't get Super Oozaru Blue
Might as well kill myself.
>>
I like the hint that Pan's going to be stronger than even Gohan ever was.
I really hope we get another series after this because I want to see it come to life.
>>
>>142252821
>Z started taking itself too seriously until the Buu arc, even if the Saiyan and Namek arcs are amazing.
This. I liked how the original Dragon Ball was lighthearted. Z changed that completely and took itself way too seriously.

Akira Toriyama has always done better at making lighthearted comedy stories. I'm not sure why he took such a serious route with Z.
>>
>>142252821
Not to mention it's also way too Goku focused. If you actually break down Z, the amount of Goku in it isn't nearly as much as you'd think. At his current stupid power level he can't really carry a show like this.
>>
You guys are nuts. Dragon Ball started getting serious all the way back in the Red Ribbon Army arcs.
>>
>>142253612
I thought they were doing a good job slowly shifting the focus back to Goku and Vegita as a duo. Hopefully the next tournament arc lets everybody get their time in the spotlight. Especially Gohan and Piccolo, who desperately need it.
>>
>>142253680
Well, they are bringing back Future Trunks so hopefully the Z Fighters with exception of Goku and Vegeta will fight together again like in the earlier episodes in DBZ.
>>
>>142254479
I don't really keep up with news or anything, where did this come from?
I don't know where the black Goku thing came from either.
>>
File: Dragon Ball Z v18-121.jpg (1 MB, 2037x3056) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball Z v18-121.jpg
1 MB, 2037x3056
>>142253680
>Especially Gohan
No he doesn't, fuck off.
>>
>>142253612
Super actually isn't giving Goku all that much screentime though. Note how he's out of action for a while in pretty much all arcs so far.

The actual problem is that Goku and Vegeta are the only ones getting power ups, while everyone else is at Z level or even weaker than they were back in the Buu Saga. At this point, beating the secondary cast doesn't even count as hyping the villain since everyone is so far behind, due to the lack of power ups.

I really hope we get something like the "everyone training with kami" bit from the Saiyan Saga in the upcoming arc, but with Whis, since it'd close that gap. And THEN they could hype another Goku exclusive power up afterwards.
>>
File: SuperFutureTrunks.jpg (52 KB, 600x893) Image search: [Google]
SuperFutureTrunks.jpg
52 KB, 600x893
>>142254510
The official site for Super update with news for the upcoming arc a few weeks ago. Future Trunks is returning, escaping from 17 years in the future barely alive, almost killed by someone called "Goku Black". The Gods of Destruction will be involved in this arc too.

We have no actual information about that "Goku Black" though, but his name is written in Katakana, with "Black" like the English word, rather than kanji.
>>
File: 1463788669492.png (63 KB, 201x211) Image search: [Google]
1463788669492.png
63 KB, 201x211
Z is good but there's only a few characters that really get their time in the spotlight and the comedy element is barely there any more.

Super should have been manga focused. I don't think it's bad but Toei doesn't give it the respect it deserves. It could be so much better.
>>
>>142254588
Well we know Gohan is back in training again, so hopefully he and Piccolo can jerk each other off until they're strong enough to keep up.
Though they realistically need an outside source, Piccolo doesn't accept training from anybody but himself.
>>
>>142254668
That sounds dope as fuck, I can't wait.
Hopefully Toei doesn't make too many of the important episodes poorly animated.
>>
File: 1433114461379.jpg (176 KB, 728x1162) Image search: [Google]
1433114461379.jpg
176 KB, 728x1162
>>142253612
>>142253680

the whole point of Dragonball Z is basically that Goku finally wants to retire and other people to replace him. He tried to train Gohan and failed. He tried to train Goten and Trunks/Gotenks and it kinda worked out, in the end he even finds a better successor in Oob. Thats even where GT started. that was a good idea.

Dragonball Super however makes it seem like Goku WANTS all of this threat. In DBZ you see Goku doesn't even want to fight in the first place.

Thats kind of a neat subplot of DBZ that most people didn't realize as kids, but i really like it for it subtility.
>>
>>142254803
I wasn't a fan because Goku had always liked fighting and always liked fighting stronger opponents.
>>
>>142254803
>the whole point of Dragonball Z is basically that Goku finally wants to retire
>Being this stupid
>>
>>142254960
why don't we count the amount of times goku said goodbye to his family and friends?
>>
>>142254803
>the whole point of Dragonball Z is basically that Goku finally wants to retire and other people to replace him.
He wanted to leave other people to protect Earth, rather than him, but that's only because it was never his top priority in the first place.

Uub was a different case though, it's made pretty explicit that he wants to train him hoping to make him a rival on his level.

>Dragonball Super however makes it seem like Goku WANTS all of this threat.
Actually, there's an interview with Toriyama even back in the 90s where he complains about how Toei's writers didn't notice Goku's subtle venous side - he loves battle and isn't really a pure hero, while in Toei's movies, for example, he was purely heroic.

With the recent movies and Super, I kind of get the impression that he wanted to make that more blatant. In Super itself though, it seems like Toei's writers want to make him goofier than ever to make up for that negative trait being more noticeable, which isn't really a good choice, since it just makes him look like an idiot.
>>
File: We JoJo now.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
We JoJo now.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
>>142254668
>"Goku Black"

Hope it's pic related
>>
File: Gogeta joke.gif (306 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Gogeta joke.gif
306 KB, 500x375
>>142252391
it's a joke, i love GT
>>
>>142255156
I love a lot of the ideas in GT, but the execution is general isn't great.
>>
File: d99261.png (678 KB, 1165x654) Image search: [Google]
d99261.png
678 KB, 1165x654
>>142255115
>Fifth member of Beerus' team
>OMG IT'S BARDOCK XD
>Universe 6
>OMG BARDOCK IS THERE XD
>Goku Black
>OMG BARDOCK IS HERE XD
>>
File: What the fuck am I reading.jpg (143 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
What the fuck am I reading.jpg
143 KB, 1280x720
>>142255591
>>
I think Saiyan Saga > Namek Saga is a great continuing arc.

Android is shit, but it leads into Cell which is... well also pretty shit, although Cell by himself is pretty awesome.

Saiyan Saga to Frieza's Death is very, very good IMO. Everything past that I only enjoy out of Nostalgia. Even then, it's only very small bits like SSj3 and Mystic Gohan.

Super is not great.
>>
>>142255861
>Saiyan Saga > Namek Saga
>although Cell by himself is pretty awesome.
Shit taste
>>
>>142255922
I didn't mean Saiyan is better than Namek, I meant that from the Saiyan Sage to the end of the Namek Saga is my favorite.

Also, if you don't like Cell you can go ahead and live in that shitty world.
>>
I find it sad that Gine wanted to run away with Raditz, Bardock and Goku once Bardock knew about Freeza's plan.
>>
>>142252255
ESL-kun is that you?
>>
>>142253370
They'd do it just to put another nail in the coffin for GT.
>>
You know, all Beerus has to do to keep Goku motivated is tell him that Universes 6&7 are the weakest because they're in the middle.
He didn't need nipple guy at all.
>>
File: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.jpg (86 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.jpg
86 KB, 600x800
>>
>>142256863
We all knew someone was doing it.
>>
>>142256863
What does that say? And why is Vegeta sucking a pacifier?
>>
>>142257462

I'm pretty sure it's to help prevent him from disappearing.
>>
>>142252423
I stopped watching after the Buu saga.
Gave Gt a try, regret that, haven't watched much of DBZ since then I just mostly re-run the Cell saga
>>
>>142249545
Saiyans are a race, just like humans.
Replace saiyan with human.
Now Goku is wondering about abortion.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.