[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many anime do I have to watch until I understand them without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 39832_320.jpg (19 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
39832_320.jpg
19 KB, 320x240
How many anime do I have to watch until I understand them without subtitles?
>>
>>142242820
All of them
>>
Never. I've been watching anime regularly since about 2009 and know maybe 100-200 words. Not nearly enough to really understand the majority of dialogue.
>>
>>
>>142242820
Maybe 100

You won't understand what they're actually saying but you're understand it's the same bullshit in every show
>>
>>142242820
If you need more that 2 anime series to learn Japanese you are subhuman.
>>
>>142242820
the only anime i can understand without sub are uncen BD to love ru series
>>
>>142242820

At best you just get the gist of it. Shows with much action and not much talking might be ok. But try watching something where the dialog is focus and your lost.
>>
>>142242820
I can understand about half of kiniro mosaic.

The rest is just broken english that I cant figure out.
>>
ITADAKIMAS :)
>>
You can easily learn japanese. Here is the trick: watch anime episode with subtitles as always, but then watch it again without subs. Repeat.
>>
>>142242820
I have watched over 10000 and still can't understand more than 3 words.
Kawaii
Gomin
Onegai
>>
>>142244421
>not understanding oniichan
>>
I understand several phrases that are used frequently and can pick out words in sentences but that's about it. Too lazy to actually learn Japanese
>>
>>142244421
dostedt
girugamesh
rub a dub dub
>>
>>142244506
They always change it.
>nichan
>anakin
>nini
Too hard.
>>
About 100 but if you want to learn kanji you'll need to watch at least 500
>>
>>142244082
>>142245248
Fuck off.
>>
dont listen to these literal retards
nip is 2nd eziest language in world !
>>
File: 1389155683128.png (940 KB, 1115x700) Image search: [Google]
1389155683128.png
940 KB, 1115x700
Exactly 13 single-cour anime, if watched back to back on the night of a full moon while bathed in the blood of a worthy sacrifice, will grant you the knowledge you seek. Be forewarned, speaking Japanese changes you, possesses you in a way. Your mind will forever become a part of the Japanese and there will be no more secrets. It's a powerful tool, but one to be respected, if not feared. Japanese people are literally all witches
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.