[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You would think the moeshit is killing anime meme would have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 1439661640378.gif (531 KB, 389x400) Image search: [Google]
1439661640378.gif
531 KB, 389x400
You would think the moeshit is killing anime meme would have died out by now.

A quick look at /a/ will show you otherwise though. Why do so many people still think that anime is dying? Anime has been on its deathbed since its inception if these people were to be believed. So far however anime has never been raking in more money than now, nor has there ever been so much choice. Do only contrarian people who want to bait (you)'s make the posts about moe killing anime/anime dying? Nobody actually honestly holds the opinion that anime is on its last legs do they? I don't want to believe this entire board has turned into a a big joke where hating the hobby is just the cool thing to do.For the longest time I have believed people ignoring all the great anime of the last years are doing so to troll, but I am starting to think it is genuine.
>>
>>142222568
look this thread again
>>
File: 1353467099778.jpg (107 KB, 719x681) Image search: [Google]
1353467099778.jpg
107 KB, 719x681
It's just people who actually don't like anime, or only watched one genre of anime and hate the rest. People who think anime should be
>more western
>less moe
>less harem
>less sexy
>more dark
>more edgy
>more serious plot
>more realism
>more normalfag
should just kill themselves
>>
>>142222568
>moeshit is killing anime.
>Kabaneri is one of the most preordered anime this season

?
>>
>>142222743
Macross and Flying Witch are pretty up there as well.

Or is Kabeneri moe too?
>>
>>142222702
This, the current state of anime is fine and there are genres for literally anything anyone could be into.
>>
File: 1467595961463.png (110 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1467595961463.png
110 KB, 604x453
>>142222568
>>
Korean cartoons nowadays are going back to what they were in the Eighties. Even in this season, we're getting more variety. It's a shame that this moeshit meme is persisting. To be honest, this hasn't been the case since the last K-On movie was released. Anime is moving away from moe. Idolshit still exists, sure, but for the most part we're getting more than just the usual SOL show.
>>
File: saved.jpg (2 MB, 3860x3860) Image search: [Google]
saved.jpg
2 MB, 3860x3860
>>
>>142222894
For me, it's all about filling a niche. In terms of animation, Koreans are great. Nonetheless, their original properties are passe. Dependent on foreign works. Sad, but true. Anime is made in Korea but still drafted in Japan. Where's the originality? A Korean animation studio is no better than Tweener software. You just have to face facts.
>>
>>142222702
anime should be
>less western
>less moe
>more harem
>less dark
>less edgy
>more serious plot
>more mecha
>>
>>142223083
Dastardly Japs are using Korea as their personal sweatshops. Entertainment is a strong import of Korea, though. Understand that they have a pop music scene and a live drama scene that's already made waves internationally. So it's only a matter of time before they conquer anime with their own works. Except they won't be able to do that if they're just doing grunt work. Xeroxing cels or doing things digitally, there aren't that many strong Korean animators and directors. Most of them are in-betweeners and clean-up artists following the orders of Japanese directors. Anime that's truly Korean made should have Korean directors. China at least was able to make their own animated works, however dull and derivative they may be.
>>
>>142223199
shit taste.
>more western.
>less moe.
>less harem.
>dark when have sense.
>less edgy.
>less serious plot.
>MORE MORE MORE MECHAS.
>>
>anime is dying
>continues to watch anime years later
>>
>>142223031
i like this meme, seriously.
>>
File: msx9zwCeqP1qz4rgp.jpg (47 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
msx9zwCeqP1qz4rgp.jpg
47 KB, 500x281
>>142222568
>[Y]ou would think the moeshit is killing anime meme would have died out by now.
>[A] quick look at /a/ will show you otherwise though.
>[W]hy do so many people still think that anime is dying?
>[A]nime has been on its deathbed since its inception if these people were to be believed.
>[S]o far however anime has never been raking in more money than now, nor has there ever been so much choice.
>[D]o only contrarian people who want to bait (you)'s make the posts about moe killing anime/anime dying?
>[N]obody actually honestly holds the opinion that anime is on its last legs do they?
>[I] don't want to believe this entire board has turned into a a big joke where hating the hobby is just the cool thing to do.
>[F]or the longest time I have believed people ignoring all the great anime of the last years are doing so to troll, but I am starting to think it is genuine.
Just when I thought this was a genuine post, FAGGOT FLIPPED IT DOWN
>>142222894
>>142223083
>>142223256
FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU!
>>
>>142222777
Mumei is the epitome of moe.
>>
>implying manga isn't a better medium
You should all consider sudoku.
>>
>>142222568
At least with mechashit and even shounenshit we got some unique settings. Moeshit is boring because it lacks variety.
>>
>>142226227
Sure, if you hate color and motion
>>
>>142222568
>>142222894
>>142223083
>>142223256
There is something off about these posts but I just can't seem to put my finger on it.
>>
>>142222568
>A quick look at /a/ will show you

a bunch of mostly shitty opinions and almost nothing that any conclusions could be drawn from. Most people here are not posting their opinions, shitty or otherwise, or anything at all for that matter since they're just lurking, reading the threads, having sensible chuckles and thoughts about things. It's important to remember that there aren't actually more "troublesome" people in the world; they're just louder and more obnoxious so they stand out more. All we can ever do is have faith in ourselves and in each other, continuing to set a good example as we can. It's very easy to become disheartened if you forget that the noise is just noisy. The world is actually much more quiet and peaceful than all the flak that draws your attention.
>>
Every day I'm comforted by the fact that the anime industry will carry on as it is, and that nothing the naysayers do will change that.
>>
>>142222568
>I don't want to believe this entire board has turned into a a big joke where hating the hobby is just the cool thing to do
But it is a cool thing to do since everyone hates KLK and Naruto.
>>
more stuff to watch
>>
why do people hate k-on so much i enjoyed it, the only i problem i had was that they did not play anything
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.