[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy of /a/? I've checked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
What's the Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy of /a/? I've checked tons of anime, manga and LNs/WNs but nothing seems to have the subdued spy thriller plot (Joker Game is too over the top for me).

Also on that note, what is with the relative lack of works in the spy genre?
>>
God damn I love that film.

You'll find that the subdued spy genre is more or less limited to the west, Japanese spies are always James Bond rip-offs or literal ninjas.
>>
>>142214196
Damn, that sucks. I was willing to accept even one of those high school politics is serious business type shows with our MC being the "spy" or some shit.
>>
>>142214269
that sounds rad anon
>>
>>142214334
Surprised the Japs haven't done it yet. I think there was something similar involving a student council president election and childhood friend winning the MCbowl but it wasn't really spy fiction. The title had to do with chocolate and it was based on a VN.
>>
>>142214269
>>142214073
>>>/wsr/
>>
TV miniseries any good?
>>
>>142214073
Jin Roh
>>
The concept of subtlety is completely foreign to the Japanese and you would know this if you weren't such a newfag.

>>>/wsr/
>>
>>142214682
>implying I didn't watch it already
>>
The closest thing I can think of is Deathnote before Light and L meet, when both are basically playing their moves from the shadows trying to outsmart the other.
>>
>>142214633
They don't adapt the second book in the trilogy and just skip to the third. It has Alec Guinness and Patrick Stewart though. I'd give it a watch.
>>
>>142214073
Nothing like it in anime but similar is
>Patlabor 2>>142214073

Think about it.
>>
>>142214598
>>142214716
>implying this isn't a stealth Le Carre thread
>>
>>142214424
Koichoco

Worst girl won
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.