[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holly shit. All anime last season, and now this season, are mediocre
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 12
File: jrpyfwb.jpg (172 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
jrpyfwb.jpg
172 KB, 1920x1080
Holly shit. All anime last season, and now this season, are mediocre at best. Even pic relation was more interesting during it's long ass "will they, won't they" arc.
Tell me /a/nons, is anime dead? Are the glory days of anime gone? Will every season be full of generic crap and shit tier humor?
>>
>PMfag
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>142188189

this season's the best and objectively well animated (in no particular order)

anne happy
sansha sanyou
kuma miko
shounen maid
super lovers
mayoi ga
high school fleet

i have not watched this much anime in a season since ~10 years ago
>>
>>142188189
>Tell me /a/nons, is anime dead? Are the glory days of anime gone? Will every season be full of generic crap and shit tier humor?
Basically yes.
It's over. Fortunately I have a considerable backlog in pre 2006 anime before the bug eyes and moeshit attacked. I only watch something if the threads are good or is very well recieved here. For example Rakugo. It really was a great anime and a bit of a fresh air.
>>
>>142188314
>Macross not included

fuck off SoLshit fag
>>
File: 200_s.gif (44 KB, 409x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
44 KB, 409x200
>>142188314
>SoL shit that's slowly getting shit out more and more every season
Anime truly is dead. Actually interesting plot is dead.
>>
File: cheee.jpg (43 KB, 640x361) Image search: [Google]
cheee.jpg
43 KB, 640x361
>>142188189
You're mom was mediocre at best.
>>
>>142188441
Still more interesting than anything that was shit out by Japan last season.
Fucking moefags.
>>
Do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you actually think Plastic Shit was even remotely interesting?
>>
>>142188458
You can stop pretending you know anything about anime if you think "moe" is anything new.
>>
>>142188474
I only expect people who don't have shit taste to take me seriously, shitbuds-kun
>>
>>142188435

are you new?

most new anime you see are AIRED LATE NITE in japan.
so it's only natural that japs prefer to watch shows that are light & comfy right before going to sleep.

proof? I was in kyoto 2 weeks ago and tokyo for 1 week. Most jap station in the evening only air sports (baseball), variety shows and then news. There is simply no room for anime (outside doraemon, pokemon and yugioh demographics) in normal waking hours. Japanese mainstream TV is shit, so watching anime on TV that's not doraemon, pokemon and yugioh offers a fresh sigh of relief.
>>
File: a3xprbRK3_240w_v1.jpg (13 KB, 240x239) Image search: [Google]
a3xprbRK3_240w_v1.jpg
13 KB, 240x239
>>142188490
Read my post again, dumbshit. I'm calling you out on being a moefag and how shit anime is getting.
The last anime that was actually good was One Punch Man.
>>
>>142188625

Oh boy here we go. You could have gone for the long con.
>>
>>142188620
Still doesn't take away from my thesis that anime is dead. Excuses don't render my point invalid.

Anime is dead.
>>
>>142188651
>I'm a retard
>Fuck off, retard
>Haha, I tricked you. I'm not really a retard
>>
>>142188625
>and how shit anime is getting.
But nothing's changed. It's the same stuff over and over again. Do you understand that the studios that make the shows you like still exist but have never made stuff you like every single season?
>>
>>142188625
>I kill ya wit wan panch xD
>good

>>142188620
Ghost in the shell and Wolf's Rain were late night shows too. It's got nothing to do with it. It's about the people got more stupid over the years. They produce moeshit because it's selling well because
>muh healing animu is cute
These cancerous faggots ruined everything.
>>
>>142188678
I never mentioned studios. A world class chef could make a cake, but if it taste like shit, it taste like shit. What I just said was an analogy, just in case you didn't get it.

The studios might exist, but quality is going down and the same shit is getting copy and pasted every season.
>>
>>142188736
And how is that different from before?
>>
>>142188653

nope
anime is alive and well

if anime is dead

there would be no late nite anime in japanese tv
no anime in japanese theaters
no anime merchandise all over tokyo and its mecca in akihabara

if you don't like anime, read manga or LNs. if you can't into reading then it's your fault.
>>
Look at this anon and laugh >>142188625
>>
>>142188703
>Ghost in the shell and Wolf's Rain were late night shows too.
>It's got nothing to do with it.
>It's about the people got more stupid over the years.
>They produce moeshit because it's selling well because...

Reminder that this kind of thinking and mentality created and helped spawn GamerGate.
>>
>>142188771
I don't think you understand my statement. If your views on how quality a show is based on the sales of merchandise and things outside the show itself, then I'm sure you think the mascot shorts are masterpieces and vocaloids should win grammys.

Every season, the more and more moe anime gets released with the same formula repeated. Every season, it's too easy to guess what big reveal will happen in action/adventure. The tropes are too obvious and every character gets copy pasted from anime to anime.

Anime is dead. But /a/ just loves the fuzzy feeling of SoL too much to see it.
>>
>>142188887
It's always been like this. The main difference between right now and a decade ago is that now they adapt LNs and back then they adapted VNs. But most of that covers shows you wouldn't and don't like so you probably haven't noticed.
>>
>>142188844
>Reminder that this kind of thinking and mentality created and helped spawn GamerGate.

I don't think that's the case, but even if it were that wouldn't make my statement less true.
>>
>>142188189
Yeah
>>
If I said yes will you fuck off and let this thread die?
>>
File: 1452892356006.jpg (72 KB, 500x451) Image search: [Google]
1452892356006.jpg
72 KB, 500x451
>>142188189
Let me guess, it was your first "sad" anime when you just started watching.

Fuck off please.
>>
ITT: a bunch of fallacies and cry babies
>>
>>142188952
>blame-the-consumer mentality for things I don't like

this is one of the reasons why gamergate started

and thank god Japan is immune from this.
>>
>>142189033
>sad
>anime
It's sad that you watch anime
>>
>>142189053
>implying that supply and demand doesn't exist
Someone needs to take high school economics, or at least read something other than manga and hentai
>>
>>142188887

it''s your loss

japan animators can't into HBO style approach where everything in it has to be grimdark and a lot of killing because there's no market in it.
>inb4 muh international market
most anime studio who churn out late nite anime need only concern about the japanese domestic market.

if I were you just take a break from watching anime and read manga and/or LN.
>>
>>142188379
>pre 2006 anime before the bug eyes and moeshit attacked
Moe trend started with Azumanga in 2002. Bug eyes were always a thing.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVwjH_i4M8Q&ab_channel=fantomdelucifer
>>
>>142189141

gamergate started because games journo elitists attacked the consumers for liking the things that's "problematic" and tried to shame them into submission with SJW tactics. This is no different than what OP is doing here.

japan is immune from gamergate style incidents because "if you have nothing good to say, just don't" is what is normal there, and let the market (sales figures, revenues, profits) speak for the product itself.
>>
>>142188189
We had Rakugo and Konosuba last season. This season doesn't have any notable stand-outs, but there are still some solid shows around.
>>
>>142189385
1. I expressed my discontent with the current state of the anime industry, not it's consumers
2. I ended my post with questions to open discussion from all sides, as biased as I may be
3. I'm not a nip so I don't feel like I have to hide my opinions and follow the masses

Trying to compare me to some SJW butthurts doesn't take away from my point that anime is starting to become copy and pasted every season that passes.
>>
>>142189886
Why do you keep ignoring my posts? This will be the third time I inform you that this has always been the case.
>>
>>142189385
>and let the market (sales figures, revenues, profits) speak for the product itself.
And it's okay. It spoke for Rakugo too. It will have a sequel and It's not SoL. They could produce more quality anime that actually have a plot, but instead they just produce more sol because it's the safer option, they just won't take the risk, because basically the audience take every single shit with cute girls, no matter how it's produced. And that brings us to the problem with the audience, and it's not that they like Sliece of life anime, it's that it became so dominant that stuidos rarely produce anythings else. Winter season was a rare breed, we got a few solid shows but overall the selling wasn't outstanding and that is a huge problem.
>>
>>142188189
You're a faggot
>>
>>142189917
Because you keep on thinkng sales and Japanese culture dictates if the statement "Anime is dead" is valid or not.

If you really want me to spell it for you. The statement is supposed to express how new anime is getting less creative and rehashing old things. Taking less risk to explore new things, or older things long tried in the past, and just copy pasting the same formula every season. This, in a sense, stagnates anime, which eventually will lead to a collapse, essentially "killing" anime.

Now, I can ignore anime, which I have been doing for the past year, only watching One Punch since last summer season. But that doesn't mean I can't express my discontent with how shit anime is now, compared to even 4 years ago.
>>
>>142190285
Explain to me how it was different 4 years ago. You're also acting as if there is literally nothing but SoL.
>>
>>142188277
>>142188474
Fuck you.
Isla a cute.
Cant' wait for her VN.
>>
>>142188189
>you will never marry a moebot
Life is shit.
>>
>>142189886

at least try the watching anime that's original (not based on something)

Mayoiga looks decent, for a original anime.
>>
>>142188379
>>142189172

moe (as we know it, in modern parlance) started with KyoAni in 2005 when they started animating works from Key Visual
>>
File: 1464004933788.jpg (30 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1464004933788.jpg
30 KB, 450x450
>>142188625
Hahaha you can't be serious must be a bait.
>>
>>142188314
>no luluco
kys SoLfag
>>
>>142188277
this
>>
It's pretty weird how in the past anime could compete with sci-fi live action films and TV shows and often even surpass them.
Yeah, shows like Lain or Texhnolyze weren't common, but they still existed.
>>
I'm excited for the VN that will never be translated
>>
>>142189518
This ^
This season in general is just mostly okay stuff, no real knockout hits. I'm not too worried about that though, we'll get more hits again.
>>
>>142188189
Is this another "hurr durr best season of all time, i'm literally watching 5 shows because muh SoL xD" thread?
You can't judge anything while all you do is watch the same thing every season.
>>
>>142188189
No, you just caught up to your shit taste and stopped enjoying anime. I suggest leaving this board and picking up another hobby.
>>
>>142188189
>anime last season, and now this season, are mediocre at best.

A lot of anime has small budgets so they are limited in what story they can tell before the story is compromised in order to sell licenses, promote merchandise sales, and support ongoing sales compaigns. Thus, the real audience of the anime show is not the individual audience member. The real audience are the production committee members. Of course, they and the studio both know the show still needs to have some minimal entertainment value. But to the production committee, the anime is a failure if it doesn't result in positive net gain over opportunity costs.

If anime returned to those days where video sales provided a bigger percentage share of the profits for a show as compared to merchandise sales, then the story premise and plotting would be better. However, video sales declined, so almost all anime became "infomercials" to support product sales.
>>
File: karenv.jpg (130 KB, 721x720) Image search: [Google]
karenv.jpg
130 KB, 721x720
>Flying Witch
>Kuma Miko
>Sansha Sanyou
>Haifuri
>Bakuon
>Anne Happy
>Pan de Peace

>complaining about a season with all these cute girls doing cute things
>>
File: 1442193140406.png (244 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1442193140406.png
244 KB, 540x540
>>142189094
>>
>>142188620
They only air late at night because air-time is expensive, and anime studios don't have big budgets.

Even in Japan, the kind of anime we watch is extremely niche, and normalfags there have never heard of 95% of the stuff we watch
>>
>>142195966

>spend money making some cartoons
>spend money paying for the time to broadcast them too
>this is what retards actually believe

It's the studio who gets paid by the channel because they want to broadcast their anime, not the studio paying the channel. Then they recover their inversion with commercials if the anime gets enough audience. You're a fucking retard and clearly don't know how tv works.
>>
File: good.jpg (104 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
good.jpg
104 KB, 500x330
>>142196100
>You're a fucking retard and clearly don't know how tv works.
I can't even get a GF IRL and you're calling me a retard for that
>>
>>142188625
Goddammit why are toonamifags always the biggest fucking retards on this board
>muh anime is dead because I dont like anything that doesn't cater to my western sensibilities
Eat a bag of shit and go back to re-watching cowboy bebop for the 20th time you downs-syndrome faggot
>>
>all these trolls and reverse trolls
Summer started!
>>
>>142188189
Plamemo failed so hard at being emotional when that was its entire premise and promise compared to Re-Kan.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.