[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Darker than Black
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: DTB_DVD.jpg (47 KB, 355x500) Image search: [Google]
DTB_DVD.jpg
47 KB, 355x500
Is the second season or OVAs worth watching?
>>
>>142183832
>second season
Wait, what?
>>
>>142183910
Whatever you call Ryuusei no Gemini
>>
What it got a second season? when?
>>
>>142184156
>>142183927
>>
Memes aside yes
>>
>>142183832
Yes BUT they're not as good as the original, nor are they the same tone. The positive aspects (and ending) of the original get actively shat on to make everything dark and edgy. It's a similar deal as with Full Metal Panic!, if you've seen that.
>>
>>142184619
I watched the original and really loved it. ;_:
>>
>>142183832
Watch the OVA disregard the >second season
>>
OVAs definitely.

second season not really but at that point, you might as well, just to have n opinion on it.
>>
Second/third season when
>>
>tfw it's been more than 5 years since the DtB last aired

This was also the last anime I've watched before I completely moved on to manga. Is there any anime post 2012 that is worth calling "DtB of the current anime"?
>>
>>142187670
i love dtb but it's not the greatest. fucking ping pong is
>>
>>142187670
I loved Erased but the ending wasn't the greatest. It elicited emotions but the ending was weirdly proportioned and generally weird.

Funny thing is I read The Reckoners by Brandon Sanderson (who is generally plot twist and emotions, the man) and it was almost exactly the same sort of backdrop as this and I thought that the book was good-okayish for YA but with fantastic worldbuilding and then I watched the anime and holy shit my head was blown out of the fucking water by the quality of the worldbuilding. First time I've seen an anime do it better than a book.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.