[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are SnK threads banned or something?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4
File: 2352383466.png (2 MB, 1600x1119) Image search: [Google]
2352383466.png
2 MB, 1600x1119
I haven't seen any threads in a while(2 weeks or so). Have I just missed them because I've been at work too much and haven't checked in at the right times, or have they been banned/moved to another board?
If they've been moved, can someone tell me which board they've been moved to?
>>
>>142183292
It's been like 2 days
>>
>>142183292
>>>/y/
>>
I fucking hope so. Cancerous fanbase.
>>
>>142183292
I mean I could sum up the entire thread in one post -
>Anniebot and co
>Hahaha Erwin will die
>No Connie/Sasha etc will
>Fuck Isayama and Manlet and his fujobucks
>Bert is god
>Various *character* a best/a shit
>arguing over shipping
>Bert/Rico/Historia/Hitch/Boris RP going on in the background
>some accuses someone else of being a specific tumblr blog
>someone complains about lack of discussion. Refuses to discuss anything.
>that one fucking picture of Mikasa's ass
>people blogging in the spoiler tags

Anything else?
>>
>>142183292
You must be blind then, because there were daily threads until two days ago
>>
>>142183292
fuck off to /y/ then
>>
>>142183906
Wait I forgot -
>'stop making threads!!'
>someone posts Rico lewds
>Insults the mods
>thread deleted
>>
>>142183292
Have you looked for it in the trash, cause that's where that belongs.
>>
>>142183906
You forgot the usual meta and delusional shipping.
>>
>>142183292
Either this or they finally found a way of getting rid of the guy who kept making them and samefagging.
>>
>>142184117
I looked in /trash/ and /qst/ before making this thread. Found an old thread in /qst/ with no activity for a few days.
>>142183906
They're not good threads, but they're about par for /a/. There are much better threads in the catalog, but also much worse ones. See it as a containment thread if you have to. You don't have to come and read the posts.
>>142183488
Alright, thanks. Apparently I have indeed just been checking in at the wrong times.
>>142184230
I think that's called getting b&, Isaac Newton.
>>
>>142184262
>we're shit but there are worse threads so it's fine
>>
>>142184262
There's something called ban evasion too, Einstein.
>>
>>142184262
>wrong times
There were daily threads 24/7 until two days ago.
>>
Post that picture of Mikasa's ass.

I uh. I need an example.
>>
>>142184316
I don't check every day. Usually it's around 4-6am ~twice a week, and I didn't see them when I checked. chans are a luxury when you're not a NEET.
>>
>>142184370
I'm not a neet either and I know this. You are just blind or too retarded to use the catalog.
>>
>>142184370
>not a NEET
Then what the fuck are you doing here?
>>
>>142184406
I know how to use the catalog. They obviously haven't been 24/7 for the past two weeks.
>>
File: B007NLU4U.jpg (285 KB, 841x1200) Image search: [Google]
B007NLU4U.jpg
285 KB, 841x1200
>>142184359
>>
>>142184434
Escaping reality through the Internet before I have to go to work and pray that today is finally the day that someone spills hot slag all over me and I don't have to go back.
>>
>>142184449
They were though.
>>
>>142184482
Sometimes two of them
>>
>>142184482
Nah mate, I've been shitposting nonstop for about a month in all the shounenfag threads. There's been a few breaks in snk and one piece threads that have lasted a few hours. OP must have just had shit timing
>>
So are mods finally cracking down on generals now or what? I owe them some dick sucking if they are.
>>
>>142184521
>a few breaks
Maybe half and hour at best.
>>
We've moved on to Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress.
>>
>>142184578
>that have lasted a few hours
can ya fuckin read?
>>
>>142184562
Nah. They would might as well just delete /a/.
>>
>>142184562
Well the Precure one is still going strong from what I can see
>>
>>142184613
The breaks didn't last a few hours.
>>
>>142184562
That's half of the catalog, so I'm going with "no."
>>
>>142184622
>implying /a/ doesn't need deleting in it's current state
Just off board generalfags to /ag/ already
>>
>>142184682
I honestly wouldn't mind this at all.
>>
>>142184682
Yes please
>>
>>142184682
Or just change the board name to /ag/. It won't literally change nothing.
>>
>>142184682
>>142184700
>>142184738
>splitting up /a/
Yeah, no. Fucking generalfags should get hanged.
>>
I wish they were

I hate you faggots, even if I only come to these threads once a month for spoilers, snk threads are full of tumblr garbage

Mods need to mass ban the faggots posting in these threads so they'll be good again
>>
>>142184779
No different than /pol/ and /his/ or /vg/ and /v/
>>
>>142184779
>splitting up /a/
Think of it this way, is removing a tumour like removing a limb? Generalfags generally stick their hugbox, and the ones that don't can simply participate on both boards as usual.
>>
>>142184811
>the spoilers themselves being 'tumblr garbage'
>>
>>142184779
That's part of the problem.
https://desustorage.org/qa/thread/533114/#539447
Some anons just want to stay comfy on their fandom threads while there's that guy that goes shit up the thread just because "I don't want X to be allowed".
>>
>>142184973
This is an imageboard, not a forum. We don't need constant threads on a single series up constantly, especially there is no development or news to discuss. There is an inherently limited amount of space on this board, and the fact that people think that their favourite series deserves a permanent place on here constantly is selfish.
>>
>>142184838
>No different
Exactly, which is why /ag/ is the last thing you'd want to happen. Even a manga board would be more desirable, that's how terrible the idea is.
>>142184841
Your view is too simplistic. I don't get where all the fags that want general boards come from. is it reddit? Either way, I think there is still a thread about the subject on /qa/. There are some good posts you can read there, come back if your opinion doesn't change.
>>142184973
>stay comfy on their fandom threads
Why would you want this? There's nothing better and healthier than dissent, especially for popular series. Without it the threads will just stagnate
>comfy
>>
>>142184455
>Stretching when you have a stomach scar like that
Why
>>
>>142185144
I post in multiple "generals" though, not only in snk. I agree that /ag/ is a terrible idea, but there's too much fighting about generals here that /ag/ almost ends up being necessary.
>>
File: 1463143056124.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1463143056124.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>>142185137
Alright so here's the thing, go into any general on a regular day where there isn't a new chapter or news. The difference in quality is clear; they are propped up by image dumps, copy pasta, blog fagging and other low quality posting. In any other thread most of these posts would probably be reported and removed but since no-one else other than the circlejerkers goes into those threads anymore they are just left alone. It creates a unique problem in that they are allowed threads; just because there isn't anything to discuss doesn't mean discussion should be stifled, but because they are up all the time there is literally nothing to discuss anymore.

To solve this you can either come up with a convoluted set of rules for "what is a general" and attempt to enforce them, allowing threads that only take place a set amount of time after the last one, or have actual on topic discussion within them, but let's face it, the mods can barely moderate blatant off-topic and rule-breaking threads, nevermind trying to stay on top on generals. The other solution is to offload them to another board, let them keep their happy hugbox general and clear up space on the main board for other topics, because as mentioned >>142185137 there is no reason threads for a not currently airing series or without proper cause need a constant stream of threads.
inb4
>b-but what about all those other low quality threads such as "this is your x tonight" and "what is his name"
This is not relevant to the current conversation and ideally those will also be removed or changed in a way that benefits the health of the board, but one problem at a time.
>>
>>142185988
Meant to quote >>142185144
>>
>>142183292

Why are they all giving us the Islamic finger?

The "there's only one god, and that is Allah" that you often see ISIS do?

Are the Shingekis finally converting to the true religion?

Makes you think...
>>
>>142184562
Mods will never actually crack down on this general, because you-know-who (Muddkippz) wants to post on /a/, with his shitty Ymir cuckfetish, so he gets to post on /a/.

The only reason I can see /snk/ threads getting (temporarily) banned is if there's ""too much Ymir hate"" in it, because that would trigger The Mud so hard that he would have his SocJus modbuddy delete these thread automatically until "you plebs" learn not to disrespect his precious Nigmir.
>>
>>142184262
>See it as a containment thread if you have to. You don't have to come and read the posts.
No, this isn't your home or your chatroom to contain in you in. When there is a new chapter to talk about, you can have your thread. Otherwise fuck off. Cancer should be amputated, not contained.
>>
>>142188030
Speak of the devil, there he is!
>>
>>142188051
Speak of the cancer, there she is!
>>
>>142188148
>there she is!

That feel when muddy finally starts to use your preferred gender pronouns.

I am moved to tears
>>
>>142188051
>>142188148
>>142188170
>this is the sort of people generalfagging brings in
Do we seriously need any other reason to ban them all?
>>
>>142188212
But then who will be there to talk about your ebony prince(ss) with you, Bunny?

Oh right, you'll just samefag with your imaginary friends from Gears of War!
>>
>>142188212
No.
>>
>>142188253
Seriously, what the fuck are you on about?
>>
Why are the male posters in /snk/ always so butthurt and metafagging and calling the threads cancer? Can't they just let us enjoy our favorites BR and LM in peace?
>>
>>142188446
I think it's because they're trying to show who's the most "dominant one", so that they can impress us and mate with us!
>>
>>142188478
I see, this makes a lot of sense. Silly male posters, we're not going to mate with them if they don't look like {Borty, Levi, Erqin}.
>>
File: blame c58 p024.jpg (62 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
blame c58 p024.jpg
62 KB, 250x250
>>142185988
>let them keep their happy hugbox general
They won't be happy for too long, I also don't think you can call it a solution. /a/ and 4chan are meant to be ephemeral. Constant generals on here are largely the result of the introduction of the catalog, which changed how people used boards, as well as the increasing inclination to keep topics in as few places as possible since the number of users grew.
You are right that the generals are base, just look at /vg/ and you will see that the board was a mistake. There are a multitude of threads that are not too different from ordinary chatrooms; they are the opposite of an ideal imageboard and I don't think we should pursue to create something similar. Generals are a nuisance, but I think that we'll always have problems of one kind or another. You say "clear up" but they are right now a tolerable existence, about 10-15 out of 150 thread spaces.
Shipping them out will just allow them to fester and rot even more. You will also have to remember that a new board will have room for more generals, which will most likely fracture the userbase on /a/ and attract a lot more outsiders who won't be as hesitant to participate in threads as they are on here.
I really think that making /ag/ would have more negative consequences(not mentioning the increased moderation burden) than just keeping the current generals here.
>>
>>142188512
Man, imagine if this guy had a girlfriend / had lost his virginity at some point before the age of 30.

Do you think he would be hating on this thread so much? I don't think so!
>>
Talk about the series, not inane community drama.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.