[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kiznaiver
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61
What is the appeal of this series?

>not very funny
>writing is poor
>no real plot
>melodrama out the ass for no real reason

Sure the series has nice visuals (and even then, only half of the episodes are good looking, a good amount of scenes take place in boring dark places where the MCs are trapped), but is that really enough?
>>
the shipping you insufferable fucktard
>>
>>142176846
Why would you care about any of these dull unlikable characters getting into relationships with each other?
>>
Okada was a mistake.
>>
>>142176909
The lesbian and the fat guy are pretty good.
>>
>>142176785
To self insert as the edgy unfeeling mc of course
>>
>>142176785
To wait for the day MC and Chidori FINALLY get together
>>
>>142176785

no appeal which is why the show BD is selling like shit.

Okada is a hack and probably a slut, seeing how only male producers keep taking her in as the scriptwriter.

Thanks to them not able to keep it in their pants, we get shitty animes that could have been a lot better.
>>
>>142176785
>No real plot

What essential element for you to consider something a "real plot" is Kiznaiver missing?

Its fine if you don't like it, but it seems odd to deny it has a story at all as a criticism when it clearly does.
>>
I honestly just watch it for emotionless MC.
>>
File: _drCt7Loq5k.jpg (142 KB, 1024x648) Image search: [Google]
_drCt7Loq5k.jpg
142 KB, 1024x648
Best girls of the show.
>>
>>142176785
It's the show for all the anime hippsters so they can say
>ugh Re:Zero is a shit show the real good show of this season is Kiznaiver
>look at me and my superior taste
>>
I knew this show was going to be shit as soon as I learned that Mari Okada was writing it.
>>
The characters are garbage and the pairings are shit
>>
>>142181967

Said literally no one.
>>
Yeah the show is pretty fucking boring, what's the whole purpose of the show other than "world peace through feeling others pain" if that's it, well might as well just drop it now as it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.
>>
>>142176785
>What is the appeal of this series?
The Trigger aesthetic.

No, seriously. That's it. Trigger tried so hard to make this work, but the writing is clearly too awful to be saved.
>>
This show is shaping up to be more unintentionally hilarious than Anohana.
I wanna see what melodramatic bullshit they have cooked up for the final stretch
>>
>>142176785
>>142180591
>>142181772
semen demons
>>
>>142182377
I'm glad we are on the same page.
>>
>>142176785
Okada's stupid drama? Some like it from what I heard.
>>
>>142182330

but where's the actions

where are the FITES?
>>
File: 1461428969357.png (620 KB, 911x1043) Image search: [Google]
1461428969357.png
620 KB, 911x1043
>>142176785
I really like the OP.

I thought I would hate the MC but he's not really that bad. I actually don't like the melodrama but I keep coming back in the hopes that something crazy happens.
>>
>>142182552
There's a Tenga ass-bop in episode 1. Uhh... yeah, that's about it.

>>142182577
>I keep coming back in the hopes that something crazy happens.
You're doing it wrong, anon. I just dropped it, and I'll only pick it back up if everyone loses their shit over the ending.
>>
File: 1450127906340.jpg (179 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1450127906340.jpg
179 KB, 1024x1024
>>142182552
>he doesn't know what's coming
>>
This anime is painful to sit through every week. If that's what Okada was going for she's a genius.
>>
>>142182920
This pain, is ours.
>>
>>142176785
If you don't like it maybe you should spend your time watching and discussing anime you like, instead? You'll just make yourself angry and miserable by focusing on people liking things you dislike.
>>
>>142183044
But /a/ always shits on my favorite anime. In order for anyone to talk about an anime on /a/ you have to meme and bait people to get discussion going.
>>
>>142182377
I liked Anohana though.

At least it wasn't as aimless as Kiznaiver
>>
>>142176909
Shipping is a seasonal pissing contest about the most insipid and pointless shit.
>>
>>142183044

This is such a reddit opinion.
>>
>>142183044
Looks like we triggered the triggerfag
>>
>>142183087
>hey anons I just watched this anime here are some points for discussion
>nothing
>hey /a/ this anime is shit
>shitposting for 100 or so replies then discussion starts
Everytime.
>>
Whats the dislike for this show boil down to?
It doesn't seem any better or worse than most of the stuff that passes as an 'okay' anime these days.
>>
>>142183182
It's mostly down to Mari Okada autists that shitpost every series she's involved with.
>>
>>142182296
Literally watch the latest episode edgelord.
>>
File: kek.jpg (40 KB, 492x492) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
40 KB, 492x492
>>142181967
>Re:Zero
>good
>>
>>142181967
They're both garbage.
>>
File: 1462346835427.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1462346835427.jpg
100 KB, 1280x720
>>142181772
You and me both, brother.
>>
>>142176785
Come for the OP.
Cum_ for Chidori.
>>
>>142183182
For me it's the fact that whenever I open a Kiznaiver thread I see people endlessly praising it and circlejerking over how great the characters are. And if I post an opinion that is contrary to what they believe I get accused of being a troll.

So I'm asking what the appeal is. Why does anyone like this show?

The writing is just plain stupid at times. None of the actions these characters do make any sense. Is it so hard for Kacchon to not be an autist around Chidori? Why does Nico have feelings for Tenga despite this never being mentioned or even hinted at by anyone or anything before? Why does the "humor" feel like the same old stupid Gainax/Trigger garbage that we've all seen before?
The characters are walking cliches. inb4 BUT DAS DA POINT. they're acknowledged by the story as cliches yet there's no evidence that these cliches are being subverted, it's just served to say "hey look we are aware we're using cliched characters"
There's no real plot. The only semblance of an actual plot is straight out of the Pain arc from Naruto, which honestly did it way better than this show did. What we have is an aimless series that is hopefully only going to go for 12 episodes because if I have to sit through 2 cours of this piece of crap I'm going to be pissed.
>>
>>142176785
Visuals and music
>>
>>142182330
What's the "Trigger aesthetic"? Kiznaiver looks nothing like Kill la Kill or Little Witch Academia.
>>
>>142183409
>hopefully only going to go for 12 episodes because if I have to sit through 2 cours of this piece of crap I'm going to be pissed.

Why don't you just stop watching it then? Maybe that's why you're being accused if being a troll.
>>
>>142183363
I second this.
>>
>>142183516
To have a well-informed opinion on it.
>>
Why watch Kizzzzzz when you can just watch Ijime Connect again?
>>
I don't even know. I normally fucking hate shows like this but something about this one has me hooked.
>>
>>142183540
Why's it worth the suffering just to have a negative opinion? If that's all you want then say you dropped the show because its shit.
>>
>>142183603
20 minutes out of my week isn't really suffering.

Plus there ARE things I do like about it but I'm not sure I could say I actually like the show. It's pretty enough to keep me watching. That's basically it.
>>
>>142183125
>>142183144
>why not watch something you like and have a good time with discussion instead?
>MUH REDDIT TRIGGERS
Oh /a/.
>>
>>142183658
But I am watching stuff I like in addition to watching something I don't like.
>>
>>142177470
>he thinks white and red will end together
look at him and laugh
>>
>>142183550

Pretty much this. At least that show just went ahead and didn't try to disguise its supernatural melodrama-inducing plot device as something more.
Then again, if you're watching Kiznaiver because of the pretty visuals then eh. It can't be helped.
>>
>>142176785
I like it stylisticalist speaking.
Plot and characters are pretty garbage though.
Best OP of the season.
>>
>>142183656
>20 minutes out of my week isn't really suffering.
>hopefully only going to go for 12 episodes because if I have to sit through 2 cours of this piece of crap I'm going to be pissed

???
I guess I understand the point you're trying to make.

What I wanna figure out is why this show seems to be getting a substantial amount of hate compared to shows similar or worse than it?
>>
>>142183679
That's fine then. But maybe if you had an extra 20 minutes you could try a different series, or catch up on something old you've been meaning to watch. Hate-watching a series when there are so many others to watch just seems like a recipe for stressing yourself out.
>>
>>142183409
>Is it so hard for Kacchon to not be an autist around Chidori?
Yes, because he is an incomplete human being.

>Why does Nico have feelings for Tenga despite this never being mentioned or even hinted at by anyone or anything before?
Nico has had feeling for Tenga since episode 2. He's the only character that manages to break her facade and make her self-conscious, something that Maki can't do by being a complete dick to her.

>Why does the "humor" feel like the same old stupid Gainax/Trigger garbage that we've all seen before?
I've been laughing along with every episode. Different strokes for different folks.

>they're acknowledged by the story as cliches yet there's no evidence that these cliches are being subverted

Cliches don't need to be subverted, and a lot of the time when it's done straight up it has even less value than a cliche played straight. When's the last time you saw a character who subverts a cliche and thought it was actually clever and interesting, not just a gimmick or something that looks cool for a second before you forget it forever.

The point of Kiznaivers is putting a group of cliched characters together and watching as "real life" doesn't fit with their cliches. Chidori expects Kacchon to like her because they're childhood friends. Noriko can't understand Kacchon resenting her because she acts like a perfect Rei clone. Even Yuta expects Maki to completely open up to him because he's a "nice guy" and acts like an anime protagonist should for the girl he loves.

It's about real communication, not the facade of communication you get in anime. If the characters don't realise this, they're going to suffer like Chidori and Noriko are.
>>
>>142183495
The over the top movements, reactions and overall stuff happeing.
This is basically a SoL anime masked as something more deep.

And I have to say that if I have to watch SoL I prefer somthing stupid and over the top than 4 girls eating cake while pretending to be musicians.
>>
>>142182377
>unintentionally
>>
>>142176785
>Appeal

Nothing. Women writers suck dick at, writing.
>>
>>142183750
>stylisticalist
Anon, you're drunk. Go home.
>>
>>142183765
>why this show seems to be getting a substantial amount of hate compared to shows similar or worse than it?
Because triggerfags are praising it as the second coming
>>
>>142183870
Out of all the Kiznaiver threads I've seen the hate vastly outweighs the little praise it gets. Even then the praise isn't hyperbolic, just shit like "I like the characters" or "I like the style and music".

Are people praising it as the second coming on other sites?
>>
>>142183842
More like uneducated.
I made up a word and hoped it was right.
>>
>>142176785
This. Some people love it for whatever reason.
Thankfully I realized where that show was going and dropped it early enough.
>>
File: 1464295908264.gif (869 KB, 400x265) Image search: [Google]
1464295908264.gif
869 KB, 400x265
>>142176785
>mfw watching the first episode
>>
>>142183870

>>142183919
This^

So far I've not seen one thread with more praise than criticism.
And even the ones that like it usually admit it's not good, but it just does some things right, be the style, be the music, be the gainax humor.

I'm more interested in how can anyone like any of the character.

Also, is white a double kiznaiver?
Did Trigger seriously expect the reveal of Nori being a kizna to be a surprise?
>>
>>142183341
I thought everyone was diamonds for Noriko tho.
>>
>>142184013
>Did Trigger seriously expect the reveal of Nori being a kizna to be a surprise?

Dramatic irony. Sasuga Okada.
>>
>>142183926
stylistically speaking*
>>
>>142184032
People who like Kiznaiver like Noriko for her depth, sex appeal and cute voice.

People who hate Kiznaiver do it because they're upset their waifu hasn't got her red pubes wrapped around Kacchon's dick.
>>
>>142184059
thanks
>>
File: 1460512013493.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1460512013493.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>>142184080
>Kiznaiver characters
>depth
>>
Fuck off you hipsters. The only reason people like Kiznaiver is because either it's by Trigger or because it's the "underdog" anime original show of the season that everybody else is shitting on.

Where the fuck were you fags when motherfucking M3 aired? Exactly motherfuckers. Okada's hack writing there was far superior to the garbage right now. Literally the only thing salvaging this shitfest is the competent director handling it.
>>
>>142184080
>Kiznaiver characters
>depth
>mentioning the Blue Autist as a depth exemple of all things
>>
>write a well thought out post on the show and characters
>0 replies

>post shitty waifu wars b8
>insta-replies

These threads are shit.
>>
>>142184080
>Blue Autist occasionally makes a "deep" comment and acts like a mysterious cunt
>Deep
I will admit the White Autist calling her out for her cunty behavior and Blue Autist feeling bad about it was a very satisfying moment.
>>
>>142184013
>Did Trigger seriously expect the reveal of Nori being a kizna to be a surprise?
Considering they'd already shown that she was in the very first scene of the entire series, I'm going to say "no".
>>
>>142183778
>It's about real communication
Except the communication in Kiznaiver is as unrealistic as they come. It's no different from any other anime, that just makes it pretentious.

I don't get this anti-anime bullshit where people get mad it isn't realistic enough for them. Probably the same people who think Eva is a fuck you to anime and otaku because it has messed up characters. Everyone knows this shit generally isn't realistic, and only a dipshit goes looking for something where it's normally not expected to be. Want a show about 'real communication'? Make a show with realistic characters, not a preachfest with duller characters than the things they're caricaturing.
>>
it's so painful to watch this garbage
we share our pain with all the other people watching it
mari okada is a genius
>>
>>142176785
>>not very funny
>>writing is poor
>>no real plot
>>melodrama out the ass for no real reason

Like real life.
Maybe not every one want the escapism.
>>
>>142185287
>Like real life

Pffffft.
>>
File: maki is an uke.jpg (464 KB, 1349x1094) Image search: [Google]
maki is an uke.jpg
464 KB, 1349x1094
This is a thing.
>>
>>142185378
i want to cum on her glasses
>>
>>142176785
It's nice of you to wait until everyone is done discussing the episode to make your shitposting general.
>>
>>142184013
Have you ever considered that this show isn't going for one of your epic twists?
>>
>>142185353
Not the actual thing but the bulletin.
>>
>>142176785
>not very funny
There are some funny moments but I'm glad it's not a jap-comedy shitfest like many other series

>writing is poor
debatable, and subjective.

>no real plot
meaningless criticism, there is a plot, you just don't like it or are too stupid to notice it

what? there are plenty of reasons, once again you just don't like it.

On top of it, it's got great character design, good animation, an amazing direction, wonderful visuals and the best OP and ED of the season.

What's not to like?
>>
>>142183919
Threads on airing day and the day after are always overwhelmingly positive.

Threads mid-week are mostly shitposting about okada and trigger, so yeah.
>>
File: ymWGkld.jpg (154 KB, 1167x622) Image search: [Google]
ymWGkld.jpg
154 KB, 1167x622
Is it bettee than Nagi no Asukara? Thats all I need to know.
>>
>>142186149
>bettee than Nagi no Asukara?
Fuck no
>>
>>142176785
What is the appeal of this anon?

>not very funny
>social skills are poor
>no real personality
>shits out his ass for no real reason
>>
>>142186149
definitely
>>
>>142183919
Nah. The threads once the episode comes out are relatively positive. But let's be honest here, it's all just a minority of people circlejerking at this point in the season.
>>
>>142186292
>circlejerking
is this what you call enjoying a show together? you won't find many people who hate fishing at a fishing competition.
>>
>>142186322
Well look on the bright side, at least you small lot will never be as worse as the memeyoiga fags.
>>
>>142186292
>episode comes out
>oh hey this part was cool
>what do you think will happen with x
>this part could have been developed better
>circlejerking
I'm not sure what exactly you expect to happen.
>>
>>142176785
>no real plot
Stopped reading right there. Hang yourself, no really. Do it right this second.
>>
>>142186292
You have that backwards. These threads after the discussion is finished are the circlejerking ones.
>>
>>142186149
Best Okada show
>>
I like the art
I like the character interactions
There's interesting and unique backstory stuff every now and then
I'm hoping something big goes down in the final stretch though, and it sorta seems like it will based on the last episode.

and of course the awesome OP
>>
>>142186388
This. A lot of people dropped the show altogether and stopped following it, and that's fine. But there's 3-4 autists who obsessively go into threads to smear shit all around for the sake of shitposting about Okada, Yuri, Trigger, or whatever the fuck is the new week's fad.
>>
>>142176785
I like to laugh at Okada's horrible writing. Always pick up her shows just for that.
Aside from that, I also watch it for the visuals and the director. Probably the only thing that's actually praise-worthy in it.
>>
>>142176785
It's objectively the best show of the season together with Kabaneri and maybe Luluco
>>
>>142186432
The dedicated anti-Okada posters are the worst ones. I could at least respect that most of them just don't like that kind of drama if it wasn't so obvious that they're only going along with the bandwagon and never gave anything a chance.
>>
I have started watching the series and one of the things I have felt, that I wanted to punch Sonozaki in the face on the other side, sharing is caring.
>>
Another one of Okada's character-driven stories where the characters are unrelatable and feel barely human, and they also don't drive the story.

How many of her works have just featured angsty, prickly teenage girls who lust after the male protagonist but don't get him in the end and they settle with someone else. I swear it's the same identical person each time, use a different idea Okada.

I'm so fucking bored of her dull writing. NOTHING happens in her stories, she treats minor characterisation as huge plot points like it has some kind of impact on the audience. It doesn't.

How she keeps getting work is beyond me. Trigger are wasting their resources on mediocrity whilst their A-List big-name animator gets confined to overlooked shorts.
>>
>>142181967
You know, if the average hater of Kiznaiver wasn't a fan of Re:Zero (FUCKING GARBAGE) I would take criticism on the show seriously but alas, you're only a retarded shitposter. Because someone who unironically thinks Re:SAO 2.0 is good shouldn't even be able to breath thanks to his brain deficit nor is someone to waste time arguing with.
>>
>>142186929
Haven't I seen this pasta already? Or are you the creator of the one I've saved because you sound as retarded.
>>
What does "bad writing" by itself even mean?

Re:Zero and Kabaneri are shit, they have bad writing, garbage shows.
>>
>>142186947

Re:Zero has benefits in that the character interactions are fun to watch, and the plot has tension and intrigue. There are clear rises and falls in drama, and a clear sense of progression even with time loops.

It's not a masterpiece, but it's entertainment.

Kiznaiver is literally just a meandering snoozefest from PA Works, but somehow Trigger are doing one this time.
>>
>>142187017
>Re:Zero has benefits

Shut up mongoloid and kill yourself you living abort.
>>
>>142186983

Maybe if you refuted my points you wouldn't sound like a massive retard yourself?

Listen friend, just because the show boring doesn't mean it's deep or intellectual. It means it's just boring. The fact you want to bone one of the characters or something (it's usually the reason for contrarianism regarding boring shit) doesn't justify that.
>>
>>142187017
Re:Zero is entertaining for down syndrome retards like you who have the same attention span of a piece of shit on the road. Fuck off already you subhuman turd.
>>
>>142187070
I don't argue with retards. In the meantime instead of bitching like the little slut you are, you should consider killing yourself over being unable to type like a non-retarded subhuman.
>>
>>142187065

The fact you diss Re:Zero which is competent and like Kiznaiver which is not says everything about your garbage taste.

You can't even refute my points, just sling insults because you're probably a nigger irl or something that can never vocalise disagreements without the written equivalent of loud, ape-like screeching.
>>
I'd say Kiznaiver is in the bottom half of shit Okada writes. That means it's really fucking bad.
>>
>>142183409
>they're acknowledged by the story as cliches yet there's no evidence that these cliches are being subverted
There's nothing inherently wrong with cliches. The whole reason cliches are a thing is because they actually worked well at some point and whether they're good or not is entirely a matter of execution. Trying to subvert cliches or deliberately avoid every single cliche usually leads to falling into opposite extremes, which aren't any better.
>>
>>142176785
It has my new waifu chidori in it.
>>
Anons would you volunteer for a kiznaiver project?

7 people forced to interact and share with each other, surely you could make friends that way.
>>
>>142187408
Depends. Do I have to leave my room?
>>
>>142187113
Kill yourself subhuman nigger and stop replying to me you fucking retarded babby.
>>
>>142187431
Because the pain sharing technology is obviously fictional, it would make more sense to just do it online.

A real-life version could work, if volunteers lived close enough.
>>
>>142187408
Do I get paid?
>>
>>142187518
I think we both know the answer to that

This would purely be an experiment
>>
>>142187534
You usually get compensated for that kind of thing though, right?
>>
>>142187608
If this were something conducted by a university, sure

However, it is not. It's purely something I'm interested in pursuing for its own sake.
>>
>>142176785
The show's appeal is tainted due to being poorly written. Nothing is conveyed well. It's like the person who wrote the characters also wrote the plot.
>>
File: smug_side_up.png (452 KB, 1238x1080) Image search: [Google]
smug_side_up.png
452 KB, 1238x1080
>>142187008
>What does "bad writing" by itself even mean?
>also here's my opinion on which shows I think have bad writing, a term I don't even know the meaning of.
I'll be nice to you, anon. Some examples of bad writing are when the actual plot of a series is riddled with plot holes, or fails to develop its characters, or forces a status quo that shouldn't exist (Kiznaiver is guilty of all three of those so far), or loses focus of its original premise.
>>
>>142187823
>Kiznaiver is guilty of all three of those so far
I don't think you know what any of those words mean either.
>>
>>142176785
I love the way the characters move, habitually, looks, 'past' or recent experience are enough to characterize, but then here even the way they move reflects their psyche. I'm not the kind who reads who is in charge of the animation for each show, but who ever it is, good job. I can't stop watching. Every little gesture is a plus.
>>
I don't see the point in justifying why I watch something.
>>
>>142187823
>riddled with plot holes, or fails to develop its characters, or forces a status quo that shouldn't exist
I can't say I like Kiznaiver, but it's not really "guilty" of any of those three. Not enough of the plot has been revealed for any inconsistency to qualify as a plot hole, as a lot of information is being deliberately held back. The character do develop in a pretty straight-forward and blatant way (with Maki, Fatso, Agata and Chidori on some level) while the others just haven't been given the spotlight yet, so I'm not sure how it failed there. As far as the status quo is concerned, then there is none. If anything, the entire plot is about breaking the status quo and forcing the characters to bond and develop.
>>
File: Chidori smug.jpg (39 KB, 293x348) Image search: [Google]
Chidori smug.jpg
39 KB, 293x348
>>142187823
>Kiznaiver is guilty of all three of those so far
Not really, no. If you think that you're either biased, retarded or didn't watch the show with enough attention,

>plot holes
What plot holes do you think Kiznaiver has? Because I can't think of any.

>fails to develop its characters
The character development is great. Just look at how slowly and realistically Katsuhira is changing, how much time it took for Maki to start slowly healing, how they are all showing sides of themselves that would've never come to light without the project.

>forces a status quo that shouldn't exist
A status quo is not an inherently bad thing, and who are you to decide wheter it should or should not exist in a work? If something breaks the status quo, you'd just say it's "forced drama" anyways.

>loses focus of its original premise
Again, a work shouldn't be limited by its starting point. If anything, it's only a good thing if it expands towards different aspects, as long as it doesn't touch too many of them in a way too superficial way, and Kiznaiver is not doing that at all.
>>
Everybody was expecting this to be edgy, so I'm kinda glad it turned out to be an SOL with pretty good visual directing.
>>
>>142186149
Is she gonna shit on the ice?
>>
>>142183006
Bravo Kojima this truly is a phantom pain
>>
>>142183044
>he enjoys things
What a newfag
>>
>>142188064
>Just look at how slowly and realistically Katsuhira is changing
>how slowly Katsuhira is changing
>this is a good thing
If that's honestly a positive in your mind, then I'm really glad I finally decided to drop this.
>A status quo is not an inherently bad thing
Yes, and that doesn't change the fact that it's a fucking awful thing for Kiznaiver, because Kiznaiver has nothing other than the potential of drama going for it.
>If something breaks the status quo, you'd just say it's "forced drama" anyways.
In all honesty, I'd be so happy to hear that their relationships had actually been affected in some meaningful way that I'd pick that series back up.
>>142188048
>Not enough of the plot has been revealed for any inconsistency to qualify as a plot hole, as a lot of information is being deliberately held back.
Actually, I'll let that point go, because it's much less of a deal than the other things I mentioned.
>>
>>142176785
I think it's a barely decent teen soap melodrama. I mean, if you like that then cool this show is for you. I fairly like it as well mostly because I've seen far far worse shit than Okada's already horrible writing so I can at least tolerate the show.

But the real kicker here is just that it's the best directed show this season. Honestly, if it wasn't for that? I would have put this just above Glasslip in terms of enjoyment because let's be honest here, after a minute or so of standing in awe at how visceral and vivid the visuals are I realize that it's still just a shoddy Okada drama at the end of the day. I can see why people don't like it and I can somewhat I agree with their sentiments on why it's not good/enjoyable.
>>
Contrived shipping
Contrived drama
Decent animation and music

I pretty much fucking hate it at this point
>>
>>142188181
>it's that guy who isn't even watching the show again
Why are you still here?
>>
>>142185378
So Maki x Nico then?

No wonder Maki will reject Yuta next episode.
>>
>>142188181
>If that's honestly a positive in your mind, then I'm really glad I finally decided to drop this.
Now that's just a non-opinion, because you're telling someone that he has shit taste for not liking non-shit character development.
>>
>>142176785
Shipping desu senpai.
There's really nothing else worth watching the show for.
>>
Wow ita like Okada didnt write great shows like AnoHana, Kokosake, NagiAsu, HanaIro and True Tears
>>
File: 1459870435518.jpg (29 KB, 279x304) Image search: [Google]
1459870435518.jpg
29 KB, 279x304
>>142184080
>People who like Kiznaiver like Noriko for her depth, sex appeal and cute voice

Reifags everyone
>>
>>142188363
Literally only HanaIro. Maybe Anthem but that's barely scratching it.
>>
>>142188181
>characters changing slowly is bad
people change slowly, and that is depicted realistically in the show. if you think characters are supposed to evolve and change faster you will never be able to enjoy shows that require an average attention span.

>Yes, and that doesn't change the fact that it's a fucking awful thing for Kiznaiver, because Kiznaiver has nothing other than the potential of drama going for it.
>I'd be so happy to hear that their relationships had actually been affected in some meaningful way that I'd pick that series back up.
Except there is no real status quo and there's been a lot of emotional moments in the last eps, and judging by PVs even more in the next ones.

Why are you complaining about a show you're not even fucking watching? It makes no sense at all.
>>
>>142187823
It was a joke to bait retards like you who don't even know how to explain their "bad writing" buzzword. No you can shut up and fuck off faggotron.
>>
>>142188430
>who don't even know how to explain
I did explain. Why are you on 4chan if you can't read?
>>
>>142183778
>reality doesn't fit with their cliches
MC not going for the childhood friend is the BIGGEST cliche
>>
Does anyone have the webm of that motorbike crash that then turns into the OP?
>>
>>142178580
>and probably a slut

Kek
>>
>>142188457
You only explained why you like sucking cocks. Now come over here and start working your mouth cutie.
>>
>>142188503
But he is going for the childhood friend

Nori-chan is the childhood friend
>>
>>142188503
but nori-chan is the original childhood friend.
>>
>>142188652
>>142188642
She's a forgotten childhood friend. Those are like plot powers above and beyond the regular presumably first childhood friend.
>>
>>142176785
i'm just watching it in the hopes that it'll become not shit

same thing i did with klk
>>
File: 1463700893623.png (144 KB, 570x558) Image search: [Google]
1463700893623.png
144 KB, 570x558
>>142188692
>>
>>142183778
>The point of Kiznaivers is putting a group of cliched characters together and watching as "real life" doesn't fit with their cliches. Chidori expects Kacchon to like her because they're childhood friends. Noriko can't understand Kacchon resenting her because she acts like a perfect Rei clone. Even Yuta expects Maki to completely open up to him because he's a "nice guy" and acts like an anime protagonist should for the girl he loves.

It's about real communication, not the facade of communication you get in anime. If the characters don't realise this, they're going to suffer like Chidori and Noriko are.

I could not have said that in a better way.
Great post.

>>142184737
>pretentious
opinion discarded. try arguing without meaningless buzzwords next time.
>>
>>142188721
I mean it's true. The forgotten childhood friend trope is overused to death and usually seals the deal when it's revealed.
>>
>>142188692
>forgotten
Did you even watch this episode?
If it wasn't clear he already kind of new it with the flashbacks and shit to her standing on the ledge, it should be more than clear now.
>>
>>142188724
>It's about real communication, not the facade of communication you get in anime. If the characters don't realise this, they're going to suffer like Chidori and Noriko are.
>I could not have said that in a better way.
>Great post.
Bravo onee or onii-sama.

Problem is in most anime characters never communicate for real, they just do it like in any other anime and this story is not really different.
>>
>>142176785
Chidori, Nico and Honoka are cute. Tenga is based and handsome. Yuta is moe.
I'm mostly watching because I want Tenga and Chidori to hook up, but I'm not sure it will happen.
>>
>>142176785
I think it's okay but it would have probably worked far better as a live action show. Mostly because I don't like all that animation talent behind it wasted on such a bad script.
>>
>>142188944
Haganai was a parody
>>
>>142188944
Which would be perfect if this show had a friendship end as well.
>>
I rarely if ever display strong negative emotions, however, for Mari Okada I'll make an exception.

What a fucking piece of shit awful writer. How did she manage to recieve such esteemed position in anime business boggles my mind to no end.
>>
File: Smug Nonon.png (98 KB, 370x210) Image search: [Google]
Smug Nonon.png
98 KB, 370x210
>>142189078
I am sure your opinion matters more than that of dozens of people who actually work and live off that business, o mighty anime expert
>>
>>142189334
yet, okada keeps getting work every year
>>
>>142188290
That thing says it's a spinoff comic with Maki x Nico but I don't know what that means for that show.
>>
The only good show in this session.

Trigger saving anime again.
>>
>>142189446
well, definitely better than trash patrol luluco.
>>
>>142189334
>vote with our wallets
oh I am laffin
>>
>>142187267
>new waifu
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: kanye-shrug[1].jpg (30 KB, 497x300) Image search: [Google]
kanye-shrug[1].jpg
30 KB, 497x300
Forced Drama: The Anime.

No, seriously, that's the whole plot, enforcing the drama so character developments may happen.

And it's not even a complaint, I genuinely enjoy the series for that.
>>
9 episodes in and we haven't started the final mission, don't have the backstories on many of the main cast, don't know that many details of the original kiznaiver group, Sonazaki hasn't changed and the mc still has a long way to go before he gets back to normality.

There has to be a second season....
>>
>>142183495
>looks nothing like Kill la Kill
wow.
>>
>>142183807
This tbrh senpai
>>
File: 1433612211195.jpg (165 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1433612211195.jpg
165 KB, 1280x720
>>142176785
Great writing, great characters, great comedy, great drama, great art, great direction. It's AOTS
>>
>>142190459

This meme is becoming tiresome.
>>
>>142185945
>great character design
It's not all that amazing.
> good animation
Yeah.
>amazing direction
No.
>wonderful visuals
Yes.
>best OP and ED
Subjective
>>
>>142176785
I don't get the hate for it either. It's just pretty meh with somewhat nice visuals.
I can understand melodrama not being your thing since it's not mine either but if you accept it as that kind of show it doesn't do all that much wrong.
>>
File: 1445074096862.png (333 KB, 546x499) Image search: [Google]
1445074096862.png
333 KB, 546x499
>>142176785
The whole plot is just an excuse for Okada to have her tiring love triangle wank offs. Retard shippers exist and that is the only reason they haven't dropped it like every other sensible person.
>>
>>142190610
But I don't ship anything.
>>
>>142190481
The only meme here is "Okada is a bad writer"

>Kiznaiver
>Mayoiga
>Wixoss
>M3
>NagiAsu
>AKB0048
>HanaIro
>AnoHana
>True Tears

Okada consistently gives us AOTS and AOTY, and only SoL kiddies and action kiddies deny it
>>
>>142190642
>Mayoiga
Why'd you have to ruin it? I don't think she's even really that involved in that.
>>
>>142190639
Yes you do.
>>
>>142190576
The character designs and direction are amazing, that actually isn't even subjective
>>
>>142190642

Other than Wixoss that list is utter trash. You didn't help your argument in anyway.
>>
>>142190690
I don't though, I just think that the girls are cute.
>>
One day one of these threads won't revolve around Okada.
>>
>>142190719
M3 was quite decent, but I generally agree with this.
>>
>>142190642
Are you high or something? Literally only Hanairo and and the first cour of WIXOSS actually matter there.

AKB is more of Kawamori's shtick and True Tears is only notable because this place is still inundated by Noefag tears.
>>
>>142190837
Fuck off.
>>
>>142190883
>>142190837

Are we seriously resorting to this now?
>>
File: 1445655680741.jpg (15 KB, 182x230) Image search: [Google]
1445655680741.jpg
15 KB, 182x230
Ask yourself "Why isn't Reiko Yoshida as notorious as Mari Okada?"
Then you realize the Okada hate is purely a meme
>>
>>142176785
How does it feel to be so retarded you can't even understand a simple and enjoyable show like Kiznaiver?
>>
>>142176785
Nothing. Only retards are still watching it.
>>
>>142190958
>Why isn't Reiko Yoshida as notorious as Mari Okada?
Because Okada is a notoriously shit writer?
>>
>>142183410

It's a shame because it looks fantastic but that's all it has going for it.
>>
>>142188642
>>142188652
>chidori's one advantage is that she thinks she's the childhood friend
>she's not even the childhoodest friend
>>
>>142182890
Dafuq
>>
>>142182890
Does this actually happen? If it did it would've been spoiled by now, right?
>>
What would anal with Nori-chan feel like?
>>
File: Nico.jpg (703 KB, 1280x1420) Image search: [Google]
Nico.jpg
703 KB, 1280x1420
>>142176785
This is one of the few shows I look forward to.
Character's are cute and likeable (minus sonozaki) and the plot is actually pretty interesting.
Also Tenga a based.
>>
>明後日6月1日より「LAY YOUR HANDS ON ME」の先行単曲フル配信が始まります!
ダウンロードに関しては各HPをご確認下さい。
http://www.bbs-net.com
>>
File: 1447102470342.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447102470342.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
>>142192185
EMOTIONLESS COLD TUNA SEX
>>
>>142192185
boring
>>
>>142192351
Nico is so cute, oh God
>>
What did Chidori do to deserve this much suffering?
>>
>>142192559
Be the childhood best friend post-amnesia
>>
>>142192559
be boring as shit and stereotypical tsundere that doesn't belong.
>>
>>142191988
Cuck to the core
>>
It did seem like a dead-air no payoff anime from the promotional material and it sounds like it sorta is

Great art style and reasonably novel concept though
>>
>>142182007
I knew it was shit when I saw the mc get abused
fuck male abuse shit
its not fucking funny. I mean literally, its not funny. I'm not laughing.
>>
>>142193218
>>>/tumblr/
>>
File: 1389218743097.gif (1 MB, 217x217) Image search: [Google]
1389218743097.gif
1 MB, 217x217
>a girl confesses to you
>run away not hearing a single word she said
Based
>>
>>142192559
>epispode two revealed why she loved Katsuhira
>episode three "When I said I loved you, it was past tense, okay?"
>episodes four-seven realized Katsuhira shown more interest Sonozaki then herself
>episode eight "Let me reveal my genuine feelings for you, forget what I said five episodes ago"
She deserved it.

That, and the commentary for the Love Arc is prolly exploiting the superficiality of the relationship. Chidori grew up with Katsuhira and is unknowledgeable about him, in some regards.
>>
This show sounds boring
>>
File: 1464086786145.jpg (66 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1464086786145.jpg
66 KB, 1280x720
>>142176785
>What is the appeal of this series
so far I've found none, hope at least the carpet-muncher spin-off is better
>>
>Katchon RUNNING OFF from her love confession

Dickhead.
>>
>>142193808
He's inside Nori-chan.
>>
>>142193808
>runs off to boring white girl when her cute redhead childhood friend is confessing to him.
Kacchon has shit taste.
>>
File: 1435578357996.png (289 KB, 562x426) Image search: [Google]
1435578357996.png
289 KB, 562x426
>tfw CHIDORI NI NANISHITENDA YO
>>
File: 57005267_p0_master1200.jpg (786 KB, 850x1200) Image search: [Google]
57005267_p0_master1200.jpg
786 KB, 850x1200
>>142193767
Why is she so gay anyway?
>>
>>142176785
I watch it for Shirow Miwa's amazing character design.
>>
>>142193808

Did you miss the whole visions thing?
>>
File: 57112540_p0.png (1 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
57112540_p0.png
1 MB, 2000x1500
Euphoric to see Ruru get fanart with Maki.

Moreover,
>Maki a uke
>Niko a seme
Safe to assume she won the Makibowl and the spin-off manga is of their homoerotic friendship, right?
>>
>Kiznaiver threads have completely devolved into waifu wars and Mari Okada shitposting
Great
>>
>>142194375
So basically the same threads since episode one?
>>
>>142194375
>>
>>142176909
>Yuta
>unlikable
Speak for yourself, I'd marry Yuta in a heartbeat if I didn't have a husbando already. The Kiznaiver boys are all good, but Yuta is the eternally best boy.
>>
>>142194318
I literally have no idea but why that specific spinoff?
>>
>>142194805
At first I was somehow thinking that "yuri/yuri-bait sells" but that's the opposite of reality, maybe her character was well received by japs and she got popular over there?
>>
>>142189134
not him but are you trying to say okada's writing is good? this bitch is low tier as fuck
>>
>>142194955
>"yuri/yuri-bait sells" but that's the opposite of reality

Gochiusa
Love live
Symphogear
Yuru yuri and then some

They sell a lot
>>
>>142195126
Not him, but I agree with what he said because in itself it doesn't. Thos anime have elements, but they're not all about yuri.

That said, maybe they're doing it just because they want to. Maybe tomorrow we'll get a poster about a spinoff manga about Yuta and Hisomu.
>>
>>142195209
>implying those shows would sell half as much as they do if they had even male side characters in it

Yuri apologists pls go
>>
>>142195256
Well they're CGDCT.

That doesn't pertain to Kiznaiver, we were wondering why they're even doing a Maki x Nico spinoff in the first place.
>>
>she finally confess,probably with a messy monologue too
>scumbag MC doesn't even listen to her and goes to rescue blue hair aided by his spider sense
Ouch. How butthurt was /a/ about this?
>>
>>142195126
But the actual Yuri shows from the last couple years, WIXOSS, YuriKuma, and that one fucking survival school trash show I barely remember sold like ass.
>>
>>142195294
Because they want to get some easy yurishit money
>>
>>142194375
>the show has literally a shipping bait episode
They want this
>>
>>142195357
>WIXOSS, YuriKuma

Those have some shitty gimmicks attached to them
>>
>>142195301
I was happy. Kacchon and Nori-chan are OTP
>>
>>142195301
Both Kacchon and sonozaki are shit so not much.
>>
>>142195301
I don't remember people being butthurt. I know I was amused.
>>
>Trigger showing Nori-chan being a kiznaiver like it's the ultimate tweest
Was there even anyone who didn't see it coming?
>>
>>142195514

It was probably more about Kacchon and Nori-chan still being connected
>>
>>142176785
>not very funny
Entirely subjective.
>writing is poor
How so? There are bits which are irksome, but overall this has not been the trainwreck it looked like it would be at the start. It's structred simply but well and has tons of subtleties scattered throughout that if anything, arev a mark of good writing.
>no real plot
It's a drama. The plot is the drama between the characters.
Again, it's a drama. It has melodrama, because its genre is drama.
>a good amount of scenes take place in boring dark places where the MCs are trapped
But those dark environments are utilised well and the result looks great too.
>>
>>142195301
I was amused at first then happy because Kacchon and Nori-chan are OTP. Red a shit.
>>
>>142195787
This tbqh, they are perfect for each other
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.