[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do threads here last for several days?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
Why do threads here last for several days?
>>
Shitposting, my dear Watson.
>>
>>142158478
Why? You come from a board where the threads don't even last for several hours like /v/?
>>
>>142158478
welcome to the part of 4chan that isn't /v/ or /b/
now go back
>>
>>142158478
Because /a/ is shit

Threads on /d/ last for months
>>
Several threads on /t/ are more than a year old, enjoy your shitposting.
>>
>>142158478
Because /a/ has been dying since 2013. Threads have been getting slower and slower. The addition of the catalog also encouraged people to stay in one thread at a time, so threads don't get pushed off the board as often.
>>
>>142158478
Because everyone else here are not underaged faggots like on /v/ that have a autismo sperg out every thread. Now if you would, please redirect yourself to the nearest noose.
>>
>>142158478
Autistic lolicons bump their 3 day old threads because getting (you)s is the only thing that makes them happy anymore
>>
>>142158797
>dying

Its been dead faggot.
>>
It's because /a/ is now a hugbox. Nobody actually argues or discusses anything anymore so the threads are pretty much kept alive by unfunny shit post of year old memes. Its also nearly impossible to find original threads since front page is constantly kept flooded with Shonen generals, prettu cure generals, why is x y threads and waifu generals.

Even the mods have forsaken this place as its probably a chore to have to read a 400+ thread with
>X is best
>I would Y X
>I want to fuck X
Basically its like pepe posting on other boards, but instead of making new jokes so its fresh they just keep spamming the same ones.
>>
>>142158868
That's not bad. Even i can't get enough of those delicious (You)s.
>>
>>142158478
Have you never been to an actual slow board? Threads can last for literal years.
>>
Only a few threads on /a/ really last for days.
The last one that I saw lasting for almost two and half day was a Sound! Euphonium! picture dump where probably one guy kept it alive by reposting the same old Kumiko and Reina pictures and having a discussion with himself.

Last season, there was also Pandora in the Crimson Shell: Ghost Urn which had one or two people keep it alive by roleplaying as Takumi Kurobase and Uzal Delilah/Sahar Schehera.

If the anime the topic is about has some girl-on-girl content, it's very likely to be the same users that try to keep these threads alive by any means necessary.
>>
Threads normally die after one hour. That's really fast.
>>
Reminder that these boards exist

>>>/an/
>>>/biz/
>>>/gd/
>>>/trv/
>>>/p/
>>>/po/
>>
>>142159058
>Basically its like pepe posting on other boards, but instead of making new jokes so its fresh they just keep spamming the same ones.
I wouldn't claim that it's that bad yet. New content can and does come sometimes from seasonal anime shows with a large enough concentration of anons on /a/ watching them.
But yes, originality is somewhat stiffled, and for many users, it is more important to post that one catchphrase they like instead of joining in discussions and sharing ideas.
>>
>>142159859
I wasn't arguing that it was that bad, I'm saying its worse. Pepe posters are now more interesting then /a/non's. The only good threads left are seasonal one of shows. Everything else falls into 3 categories
>Shonen shit
>post a girl and why she is cute threads
>Generals

With almost every thing inside those threads being a repost of a joke from literally 4 years ago.

Letting Naruto on this board was the moment /a/ died and it became tumblr.
>>
File: 1435145897467.jpg (204 KB, 750x1001) Image search: [Google]
1435145897467.jpg
204 KB, 750x1001
>>142159411
There was a feet thread the other day that we kept up for 3 days
>>
>>142162028
Do you think it was two or three of you that kept it alive? Or were you alone and had to pretend you were more than one person?
>>
>>142163470
I don't remember the IP count but I obviously wasn't the only one bumping it. It stayed up when I was sleeping
>>
>>142163582
You can't rely on the IP counter in the corner, since phoneposters can arbitrarily ramp that number up by simply switching airplane mode on and off.
At least you know that you weren't the only one doing it.
I really pity the threads where some anon has to stay awake all the time to make sure the thread doesn't fall off the catalog and has to always bump it from being archived by dumping an image or a reply.
>>
>>142159741
>668 days-old thread
Dayum
>>
File: 1461710773286.png (104 KB, 700x840) Image search: [Google]
1461710773286.png
104 KB, 700x840
>>142162028

That was a good thread.
>>
>>142165145
Marked for deletion (old)
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.