[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Muscle anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
Given how popular a theme bodybuilding and feats of strength are in anime and manga, us there or will there ever be a anime/manga dedicated just to these things?
>>
Bodybuilding is boring and lame
>>
>>142139022
No because bara doesn't sell.
>>
>>142139071
Pretty much this.
There's lots of anime and manga about strong people that work out from time to time on screen.
But a whole series about lifting? That would be a fucking snorefest.
>>
>>142139108
People could say the same about Ping Pong and look how that one tuned out.
>>
>>142139136
Even ping pong, hell even bowling or curling would be more interesting than bodybuilding.

>watching an anime guy surrounded by other dudes grunt as he picks up a chunk of metal a few times and puts it down before waiting a few seconds and doing it again
>watching an anime guy mix up a whey shake
>watching an anime guy silently flex in the mirror
WOW RIVETING
I know you're big into the /fit/ nonsense but lifting is lame
>>
>>142139136
Ping Pong is a sport.
And the anime was more about the drama than the sport.

Making an anime about lifting would be like making an anime about a chef buying groceries.
Is it theoretically possible to make a long story about it? Sure. Would it be easier to make a story about the chef cooking instead? Yes, of course.
>>
>>142139186
>he hasn't seen Pumping iron

Anyways, I think Olympic lifting or even powerlifting would do better in an anime format.
>>
I can only imagine the /fita/ threads
>>
File: Saint-Muscle_v01c01p035.jpg (170 KB, 900x1309) Image search: [Google]
Saint-Muscle_v01c01p035.jpg
170 KB, 900x1309
>>142139022
Well there's Saint Muscle but there's no scans rest in peace forever
>>
>>142139262
Much more cancerous than /ak/. If that is even possible.
>>
>>142139108
>>142139071
Lifting is just part of contest prep for bodybuilding.

They still need to develop the right way to do the mandatory poses, develop their free-form routine, develop transitions between mandatory poses to show off their strong points and hide their weak points, go through the hell of cutting down to below 4% bodyfat (it's the point where the soles of your feet aren't cushions and you hammer at your bone with each step) doing Hajime no Ippo levels of cardio just te not hide your muscle striations with water and what's left of your fat.

All this is just the amateur level. At pro level there's connections, hormones, various fat-burning poisons (up to DNP which is considered lethal to humans and not even fit for animal experiments).
And all of this costs you hundreds of thousands dollars, just to be able to compete.
You need to be a millionare already just to make it to the pro level.
Fuck finding sponsort, nobody's gonna sponsor your mediocre ass.

A bodybuilding manga wouldn't even have much lifting.
>>
>>142139292
It would be
>Which anime character looks like you *post muscles
>You guys surely don't self insert as >manlets right?
>Can you protect your waifu?
>>
File: qe6SXuB.jpg (201 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
qe6SXuB.jpg
201 KB, 1366x768
>>142139022
>Muscle anime thread
>Posts twinks
Nice going, faglord.
>>
>>142139446
>*post muscles
You don't frequent /fit/ very much, do you?
Nobody there has any muscles to post.
>>
>>142139413
I was waiting for this post. Real body-building sounds intense to watch

god bless you /fit/ anon.
>>
>>142139022
It would be fujoshit, you would have to add a couple of girls that started just a couple of months before, and have them lightly tonned, and also the mc would have to be hot as hell, and is joining the gym for the first time. and have not more than 2 or 3 guys as main characters along with the 3 girls. if you put any more man then it´s fujo shit.
>>
baki
>>
>>142139186
oh god, its like hes trying to describe aliens, do you even know anyone with just one chin?
>>
>>142139413
And the fact that they are at their very weakest at that very moment due to all the dehydration.
>>
Bodybuilding is men on a stage in their underwear wearing brown paint showing other men their muscles. It is training for appearance only, and at the contest level requires a degree of vanity, narcissism, and self-absorption that I find distasteful and odd.

Cute girls doing cute olympic weightlifting would be much better.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ1nSaJKL_c
>>
>>142142082
Do you know the level of self-denial it takes to conform to the life and menus of body builders? No sugary sweets, no fatty meats, no excess carbs and all that training that tears at your body like it is nothing. These are the modern day ecstatics and monks. Their body is their temple, and they go to have that very temple evaluated by those who will notice the slightest flaw. Even the most minute of asymmetries can cause a loss, not moving in the proper way can fuck your score. These are not narcissists, but ascetics of the body.
>>
Bodybuilding is the male version of a beauty pageant.
>>
>>142142795
>These are the modern day ecstatics and monks
No, they're just crazy.

Crazy people with a fake tan and wearing g-strings.
>>
File: tips_fedora.jpg (109 KB, 788x720) Image search: [Google]
tips_fedora.jpg
109 KB, 788x720
>>142139071
>>
>>142139022
There is no skill involved it in. just muscle. would get boring fast.

> wow that guy lifted a lot
> wow that guy lifted slightly more
> theyre both still awful people for it
>>
File: FUND IT.png (8 KB, 568x113) Image search: [Google]
FUND IT.png
8 KB, 568x113
>>142139022
I'm still waiting.
>>142139071
>being objectively wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxXU1f2AJNU
>>
>>142146134
Found the fatty.
>>
>>142139071
This. It's just not fun nor engaging for a viewer.
>>
what's the point of body building if I have a rifle, pointed at your meaty head?

Guns > Body building
>>
>>142147574
/k/, please put that away, /fit/ would love to be put out of its misery of beefy loneliness.
>>
>>142139825
>posting Jojoshit instead
Nice going, faglord.
>>
>>142139413
That sounds intensely unhealthy. I thought /fit/ stuff is for getting healthier?
>>
>>142141532
this
>>
>>142139413
>lifting is just part of prep
Yes it is.

>doing Hajime no Ippo levels of cardio
Actually when you get toward "mass monster" or 200+ (depending on your height) you just hop on the treadmill/elliptical for an hour in the morning and or before bed. Running is impossible when you are heavy because you destroy your knees and ankles. Some people skip conventional cardio entirely and move to drop/supersets with high volume and lower rest periods.

>hormones
Every single pro bodybuilder is on or has used tren/test/dbol/hgh. Most (99.99%) claiming natty are not, the ones that are truly natural are the ones that get last place or don't qualify because they are mostly too flat when they cut without great genetics.

>DNP
Not really necessary, you can choose to take it and it is relatively safe at low dosages and their are tons of alternatives.

>hundreds of thousands of dollars
Olympia/AC stacks would be minimum 20-30k a year. The cost of gear fluctuates HEAVILY on whether or not you are getting it through pharma, flying it in from taiwan/china/mexico, or making it in an apartment bathtub (t-thanks /fit/). You would be surprised how people end up getting gear, a primary source for a ton of people are people that get diagnosed and prescribed something (think drugs for HIV/AIDS) they will get more from their doctor and sell off vials/kits. College campuses/independent labs are also a large % of source.

>you need to be a millionaire
False. You can qualify for your pro card on 1-10k m/o depending on genetics. Or if you are a genetic freak maybe you don't need gear at all.

>sponsorship
Most of this is if you are a marketable personality or how much social media presence you have.
>>
>>142148855
i'll add that you can be the biggest guy at your gym on $200-400 m/o. taking more doesn't always mean you get bigger, same shit with creatine, you're just pissing it away after a certain amount.
>>
File: you wa mad.png (419 KB, 477x700) Image search: [Google]
you wa mad.png
419 KB, 477x700
>>142139071
Hungry skeleton / landwhale detected.
>>
>>142139071
t. Fatty

Why don't you go make love to your le waifu
>>
File: valmet.png (614 KB, 860x720) Image search: [Google]
valmet.png
614 KB, 860x720
Well, if they had given the girls in "Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!" some muscles then I suppose you could count that?

Jormungand also has some people who were lifting probably. Pic related
>>
>>142149541

Not that guy, and you are probably baiting, but as a bodybuilding enthusiast who loves his waifu i have to say your comment hurt my feelings.
>>
>>142149541
Don't type like this.
>>
>>142149688
The men of Koko's krewe were great examples of functional strength too. Even the shota was in on the muscularity march.
>>
>>142149764
Or what?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.