[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people say that Code Geass had moral ambiguity? Britannians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: CODE GEASS R2 - 01 - Large 09.jpg (133 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CODE GEASS R2 - 01 - Large 09.jpg
133 KB, 1280x720
Why do people say that Code Geass had moral ambiguity?

Britannians make Elevens fight each other to death for the lulz, and 90% of them are uppity snobby racist pricks.

They're comically evil.
>>
>>142073597
Because blindly sucking nip stronk mentality would just be GATE.
>>
File: 1460604184551 (1).jpg (173 KB, 1000x1600) Image search: [Google]
1460604184551 (1).jpg
173 KB, 1000x1600
>>142073597
Nothing is wrong with making poir people/slaves fight to the death for entertainment.
>>
>>142073873
Pic unrelated right? Red Saber is good
>>
>>142073597
>Why do people say that Code Geass had moral ambiguity?
The moral ambiguity wasn't about whether the Britannians should continue their asshole ways in Japan.
It was about whether Lelouch's way was right or Spinzaku's.
The first was either a freedom fighter or a terrorist.
The second was either a beacon of hope or a traitor.
>>
>>142073597
The ambiguity in Code Geass was between Lelouch and Suzaku (plus Euphemia and eventually Nunnally, etc), not between Lelouch and Britannia. They're as evil conquerors as the Zeons, of course, that's not much of a surprise, but not every single person in their faction is bad.
>>
>>142073597
It's because most of the peoplke watching it are 15 years old. In my country, most anime fans considere it as a very well written show. But if you think just a bit about what's happening on screen it doesn't make sense.

Basically, Code Geass is a rpg character who maxed char by using int as his dump stat
>>
>>142076173
You mean max charisma, pretty high intellect, but dump on con and str. (Remember he couldn't run very fast or far/weak).
>>
>>142076371
>>142076371
I'm talking about the anime.

If we're talking about the MC, I've only watched the first few episodes, but he seems like he actually maxed luck instead of int. He just asspull his way out of every situation while laughting and saying everything is going according to his plan. Except when the vilains manage to get an asspull of their own, then he just get rekt.
>>
>>142073597
>Britannians make Elevens fight each other to death for the lulz, and 90% of them are uppity snobby racist pricks.
The Elevens held innocent people captured and staged many acts of terrorism because MUH NIPPON PRIDE. Also while we're shown that not all Britannians are jerks the bulk of the Eleven cast are idiots who bit the hand they were fed with.
>>
>>142076786
>I've only watched the first few episodes

Then get out. Not out of this thread, but off /a/ entirely.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.