[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does zenkai not activate in response to the androids? Is this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: future_gohan.jpg (40 KB, 416x408) Image search: [Google]
future_gohan.jpg
40 KB, 416x408
Does zenkai not activate in response to the androids? Is this why future adult Gohan didn't eventually overpower them, because he was the strongest "living" fighter at the time?
>>
File: SSj Goku vs Freiza 1.jpg (92 KB, 497x731) Image search: [Google]
SSj Goku vs Freiza 1.jpg
92 KB, 497x731
>>142044904
Supposedly the Saiyan healing boosts stop happening or mattering once you become a Super Saiyan, as if they were a means to an end. They stopped being a factor in the story as soon as everyone started getting Super Saiyan, and one of the guidebooks even made mention of it. It said they became "small," and I think the Japanese word used could either mean literally small or just insignificant.

So maybe they still happen because it's some natural thing for Saiyans that isn't just going to stop, but once you're a Super Saiyan they become drastically smaller. What's a power boost of a few thousand here and there when your max power is now in the tens or hundreds of millions?
>>
The problem is that there were two androids and zenkai only boosts your power up to the person attacking you, so it can only boost him up to the level of a single android. That means that he could never get a powerboost to overcome BOTH of them at the same time.
>>
>>142045220
>>142045240

thanks
>>
The best thing you can do regarding Zenkais is forget they exist.

That's what Toriyama did.
>>
>>142046900
But did he forget it on purpuse or just classic Toriyama alzaimer ?
>>
>>142047250
I forget.
>>
>>142046900
didn't Cell receive a zenkai from exploding? He was in his second form, reformed into his perfect form, and then said "I'm stronger than ever, I'm Super Perfect Cell now"
>>
>>142047438
Yes.

And that was the last we ever heard from Zenkais.
>>
How much about DB does Toriyama still remember at this point? It seems like he'd have forgotten it entirely by this point if fans didn't keep reminding him it exists. Off the top of my head, I know he's forgotten:
>Launch
>SSJ2
>Zenkai
>Videl's personality
>Pan, Trunks, and Goten's ages
>the fact that the androids never got names

Anything I'm forgetting?
>>
>>142048357
17 and 18 got names.

Lapis and Lazuli.
>>
File: 400030.jpg (79 KB, 800x661) Image search: [Google]
400030.jpg
79 KB, 800x661
>>142048357
He's known to re-read through the series whenever he's slated to work on a big new project. He most recently did so for Battle of Gods, at the very least.

Most of those things you listed are either understandable due to big time gaps (Lunch, SS2), or Toei's fault rather than Toriyama's (Videl, the kids' ages).
>>
This is literally the most mature, direct thread I've ever seen. I want to hug all of you.
>>
>>142049473
Hurr durr Saitama can beets Gooko
>>
File: 8-14.png (846 KB, 685x714) Image search: [Google]
8-14.png
846 KB, 685x714
>>142047438
Yeah, but Cell is a monstrous genetic cocktail with all kinds of wacky stuff going on. Things probably work a little differently for him than the actual full-fledged Saiyans.
>>
>>142049612
Didn't he just straight up get a fight against not-goku?
>>
>>142050103
I remember him splatting not-Piccolo, but I don't remember not-Goku. Then again, I'm a few months behind on the manga, so maybe?
>>
>>142049654
> actual full-fledged Saiyans.
> Show Half Saiyans hybrids

Can the half and quarter Saiyans have Zenkai boost too? Or maybe it's a genetic trait they don't receive.

But 1/4th Saiyans like Pan can turn Super Saiyan according to Toriyama, so I guess anything is possible.
>>
>>142050318
1/1,00000000000000000 saiyans can turn super saiyan according to toritori.
>>
>>142044904
I've never heard of a HALF Saiyan having zenkai.
>>
>>142051271
Gohan had at least one on Namek while fighting Frieza.
>>
>>142047438
Yes but Cell's cells somehow merged with Goku's. So maybe it wasn't "zenkai" but just absorbing some of Goku's power.
>>
>>142050157
Why did you bother replying
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.