[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk about Star Driver, if anyone here remembers this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Singing_Party.jpg (73 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
Singing_Party.jpg
73 KB, 500x357
Let's talk about Star Driver, if anyone here remembers this anime.

Recently rewatched it, really wish fights were more creative than we got, wish we had crux vs crux fights. Felt that for all the shipping done in show, should have had definitive pairing other than threesome ending. Also Ryousuke never did anything cool ever
>>
>>142039809
Second OP> First OP
>>
I wish the movie wasn't a pointless teasey recap movie.
>>
Approvoise!
>>
>>142039809
It's been a while since I watched it but one of the things I wish to do before I kick the bucket is talk about it and how it relates to the Little Prince themewise.

I ended up reading it because I google'd >>142041058 and I thought it was a well written book.
>>
It was a great style over substance show, but it had just enough substance too that it made you wish it had more depth and variety on top. It's still really pretty to look at (although some of that is that it was the first show I watched in HD)

>>142040040
Both were great.
>>
>>142039809
I wish mermaid girl got more screentime. That's really my only complaint with the show.

Somehow they kept outfabulousing themselves with every episode up until the end ( the end was a little weak, I'll admit) and that's hard to do when episode one starts with a giant robot with heels and a plume
>>
File: 1455766508051.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1455766508051.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
>>142039809
Karaoke scene was a legit 10/10 scene.
>>
>>142042134
Again, I haven't seen or read either of these in a while, but I recall thinking the first part of the Little Prince was about how adults get stuck in one mode of thinking extremely easily, and unlike them more childish folk could better accommodate better viewpoints in their head. I'm no /lit/goer so please don't grill me too much.

I figured the idea of Star Driver instead was less about the mentality of youth and more about the experience. Takuto and his friends celebrate their teenage lives by going to school, flirting, playing and so on and so forth. It's great, wish I could've had that sort of experience but I'm no ginga bishounen, so that didn't happen there.

On the other hand the main bad guy, Takuto's gross dad's goals were to dig up something that was long gone, those romantic young adult days after he used them all up. I think they tried to portray him as someone who never got into the meat of growing up since he didn't quite seem to think of anyone but himself, and if he did, he was still very much his own first priority. It shouldn't go unnoticed that the order of the glittering crux did something about the same lines too. They were trying to dig up something from the past as well in those Cybodies. Neither attempt at dredging up the past was judged sympathetic in the show.

Whoever made this and Captain Earth, I think they have a strong idea of what they want to make but they managed to garble it up. In Captain Earth more in Star Driver, I feel. But I like the overall story of Star Driver.
>>
File: 1311071543435.jpg (195 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1311071543435.jpg
195 KB, 600x800
You wouldn't a tittymonster CC
>>
File: 1309808921306.jpg (204 KB, 1280x1547) Image search: [Google]
1309808921306.jpg
204 KB, 1280x1547
You will never shine brighter than this fabulous star
>>
>>142042851

Of course they do. It's Enokido, 2deep adolescence stories is what he does (Utena, Melody of Oblivion, FLCL, Star Driver, Captain Earth, Rahxephon, and a few miscellaneous things like Ouran and Redline)

When it works its the best stuff in the industry, but when it misfires it REALLY misfires.
>>
>>142043348
Oh, so he's worked on Utena as well?

I was turned off the idea of watching it after I saw that quote about the egg, but I'll try to give it a shot later if that guy's had a hand in it.

Sometimes I really like watching bouncing titties. Other times having something to ruminate on is pleasurable.
>>
>>142043632

You should watch Utena, it's probably the best anime ever made all things taken into account. It's been attracting an awful fanbase who very heavily misinterpret it but if you can ignore that it's a great experience.

The egg quote is from Demian, and it works very well in context. But explaining it would ruin a lot of Utena's later episodes if you're going in blind.
>>
>>142044503

Yeah you've convinced me to do that. I don't try to discuss philosophical shows on here intelligently anyways so I'm not going to run into that fanbase you're talking about. Don't think it's healthy to heavily associate with a single work or set of works too.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.