[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are opening sequences created? Does the music or the animation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
How are opening sequences created? Does the music or the animation come first? Do they tell a band to make a song about a certain subject/theme, or do they just pick an already existing one?
>>
T̻͍̺̗͉͉̐ͭ͑̕h̶͈̲̜̪̭̼̖̝̄ͦ͌͝a̷͎̳̓ͧ͠ṉ̸̷̨͍̳͇̟͖̝̩̅̃̓ͅǩ̡̘̦̭͎̲̠̯ͤ͗ͧ̌̿̎sͮ͐ͧ͋҉̳̥̰͖̖ ̺̮͇̀ͭͤͧͣ̓ͥ̅̎͘D͚̻̜̯̙̲̦̜̞͐̈́̊̃͋̓͜o̸̠̼̫͉̓͊͒͊͜c̨̭̺͔̮̥͈̳̲̓̋̇ͫ̽̎ͩ̊́
>>
Shameful bump.
>>
This was a genuinely good OP question, but it used a meme image
>>
>>142019006
I don't know shit about this, but I imagine the animation must come last, atleast the smaller timing things, just because it doesn't seem very feasible to sync a song to an animation. That said I'm sure they have an idea beforehand on what kind of animation and OP song they want and order? the music accordingly.
>>
>>142019006
What the fuck am I looking at here?
>>
>>142021232
An image board. But you don't seem to belong.
>>
Thanks doc
>>
>>142019006
There are a few OP/EDs out there which use older songs (ex. Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, Jojo), so I assume the animation is synced to the song. I have no clue if the process is the same for OSTs though.
>>
thanks doc
>>
>>142019006
>How are opening sequences created? Does the music or the animation come first? Do they tell a band to make a song about a certain subject/theme, or do they just pick an already existing one?
In modern mass produced anime, most of the time the record label is a sponsor. This means the record company would have a singer they want to promote.

This usually means most OP/ED are created and debuts in the anime, as the record company want to sell CD singles. And that works best if the song itself is new.

Basically the anime studio give away the control of what OP/ED to use to the record company, in order to get music for cheap/free.

Thus what song it is doesn't really matter, what matters is which singer the record company wanted to push.

Occasionally the singers get minor roles in the anime itself.

Now, in other times the actual singers of the OP/ED are part of the main cast. This can mean something as extreme as Macross, where music was a huge part of the franchise. This means they would cast man leads who the record label would approve.

And then you have things like Bakemonogatari, where the music plays a minor role and the anime studio has more control. Where nearly everyone got to sing the OP unless you are Maya Sakamoto. The songs were always going to be made, as nearly all major anime have "character songs", songs that represent each character that is sold as a part of the merchandise. SHAFT just put them into story arc OPs.
>>
>>142019006
There's that One Punch Man sketch opening, look for it.
>>
http://i.4cdn.org/f/thanks%20doc.swf
>>
>>142019006
>Does the music or the animation come first?
The animation always come after. The music takes so long to make that they are always created WAY beforehand.

However, you might have noted that many anime OPs are interchangeable. This is because the industry has standardised the OP length and usually the OP has sequences and flows that are similar across the anime series. You had to deliberately be different in order to have music that doesn't sound like all the others.
>>
File: 1429931599291.jpg (24 KB, 313x300) Image search: [Google]
1429931599291.jpg
24 KB, 313x300
>>
>>142025483
Nigguh I know as a fact that music comes first. It's easy to sync animation to a song, but I couldn't imagine why they would do the opposite. Plus how would animated parts that seem to go along with the song work?
>>
It varies, like >>142025107 said.
In the most shining examples tightly coupled theme songs, you'd have a song commissioned for the anime, sung by lead seiyuus, invoking the show's leading motifs and subtly foreshadowing major themes or plot developments.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.