[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is 4chan the closest thing we have to the Wired?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: serial_experiments_lain-14377.jpg (406 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
serial_experiments_lain-14377.jpg
406 KB, 1600x1200
Is 4chan the closest thing we have to the Wired?
>>
I think the Wired would be more like IRC
>>
>>141989674
explain
>>
I want to fuck Lain.
>>
File: 27YrjeJ.gif (754 KB, 1008x720) Image search: [Google]
27YrjeJ.gif
754 KB, 1008x720
>>141990734
Lain is not for lewd, you degenerate.
>>
>>141990734
How dare you insult god
>>
File: 1368379455137.jpg (129 KB, 1520x1080) Image search: [Google]
1368379455137.jpg
129 KB, 1520x1080
>>141990893
How is it an insult to find her sexually desirable?
>>
>>141989589
I sincerely hope you are joking
>>
>>141993321
Of course i am.
>>
That's just the internet in general.

If you want to know what it'd be like to be in the tang from Eva though, just look at /soc/
>>
>>141989771
Most of the time, the Wired is represented as a bunch of VR representations of the users having a real-time conversation, so I guess the closest thing to the Wired would be Second Life, but that's pretty much defunct as far as I know. A 4chan discussion is somewhat different from a conversation; for example, the semi-essay type comment that I'm writing right now wouldn't translate well to either IRC or the Wired. Furthermore, Lain has multiple private discussions in the Wired, which are possible on IRC, but not on 4chan. The one view we see of the Wired that isn't VR is on Yasuo's computer, and he seems to be using some sort of instant-messaging program.
>>
Let's all love lain!
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.