[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the joy of watching an anime of a manga you already
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
What's the joy of watching an anime of a manga you already read? Knowing what will happen makes it unexciting.
>>
You have to be so into the series that you're excited to see it in another format.
Unfortunately people who are that way are often hard-set in an ideal vision for how things are supposed to be and when the anime doesn't live up they come to /a/ and shitpost about it
>>
What's the joy of listening to a song you already heard? Knowing how it will sound next makes it unexciting.
What's the joy of making a thread that's already been made before? Knowing how it will shitpost makes it unexciting
>>
>>141964934
But to be fair, adaptations are usually worse than the original source.
>>
>>141965491
I never said they weren't. Feeling a bit defensive?
>>
>>141964826
>Knowing what will happen makes it unexciting.
I disagree
>>
>>141965525
Not in the slightest. Why would I?
>>141965570
Why so?
>>
It's my duty as a fan of the manga to point out to people watching the anime who are new to the series how shit the anime is in comparison with the original work and to sway them into reading the manga.
>>
File: Meme_Harima_Kenji_Anime.png (76 KB, 365x274) Image search: [Google]
Meme_Harima_Kenji_Anime.png
76 KB, 365x274
>>141964826
Being on the emotional roller-coaster of if the third season will be real or not.
>>
If you're going from source to adaptation, it's just fanservice of seeing things you liked animated. If you're gong from adaptation to source, it's because you liked it enough to want to experience the story better.
>>
>>141965684
>assuming original source is superior and thus doesn't watch it
Your sarcasm doesn't even make sense, I said unexciting since I already know the gist of the story.
>>
It depends. If I read a manga until I catch up with translations and there is no end in sight, I wont touch it until it finishes. But if after a few years there is an anime I ll watch it since I probably forgot a lot stuff. At least that was my case with Nisekoi and Boku no Hero.
>>
To watch the characters you enjoyed in moving pictures and listening to their voices despite them being different from the ones you created in your mind for them.
This is the only reason I watched the blade dance anime
>>
>>141966434
>ones you created in your mind for them.
I don't do this. I don't understand how others do. There are voices being wrong for a character but it's the same as seeing a design in a preview and thinking the voice is a poor fit.
How fucking slow do you have to read to hear voices as you read. It'd have to take forever
>>
Seeing something you love become animated is usually pretty exciting.

You get hyped up for some of the parts you know are coming, to see how they'll be animated. Fight scenes can be really good and more engaging than the manga. The music can get you going.

The only real problem is that the fanbase becomes 100x worse as soon as the anime airs and you can never properly discuss the series again.
>>
File: ChqddgBVIAAHszp.jpg (67 KB, 600x515) Image search: [Google]
ChqddgBVIAAHszp.jpg
67 KB, 600x515
>>141964826
You can watch/read good anime/manga multiple times. If the only thing what keeps you engaged with a certain anime/manga is that you don't know what will happen, than it's most likely not more than mediocare.

Also you will always find some new details in a really good anime which will often change how you viewed things before.
>>
>>141964826
Because it's a different experience watching the same situations animated? Or possibly to enjoy an altered story with the same characters? Even if it's worse, there's still more content.

For example I've read Choku! all the way through in one sitting 4 times already and I would still watch an anime version of it.
>>
>>141964826
Seeing how well a studio manages to adapt it.
>>
>+sound
>+movement
>+music
>>
I usually watch anime's I've already read with my little brother. I watch for his reaction to certain scenes. Otherwise I skip watching it and just keep up with the manga.
>>
>>141964826
>Knowing what will happen makes it unexciting.
You should know that already even before reading the whole manga. It's not like manga are known for theirs unexpected plots.
>>
Good series will gradually give you more information about the characters/plot/setting that make you discover new things on a rewatch. Then these new discoveries snowball into other discoveries until you realize you've watched the same show a half dozen times.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.