[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people in this board RIGHT NOW who defend Stands
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 367680dz.gif (61 KB, 300x332) Image search: [Google]
367680dz.gif
61 KB, 300x332
>there are people in this board RIGHT NOW who defend Stands
>>
series was a Fist of the North star rip-off before stands came into the picture
>>
>>141964518
>not reading/watching past early Part 4 where Stands get good
They were already better than Hamon, why do people dick ride that generic chi energy bullshit so much? It's a generic 'can do anything' power with vague boundaries and it was only entertaining because of Joseph. To be fair Star Platinum was just PUNCH WAY OUT OF ANY PROBLEM plus the time stop asspull which leaves a poor impression of Stands, but all the MCnStands after him are great.
>>
>>141965303
*MC Stands
>>
>>141965303
since his was the first stand you saw it kinda had to be generic

I mean you look at star platinum and think "yep that's a stand alright"
>>
>>141965424
Still there could have been more D'Arby situations where he wins in a way that doesn't involve punching. He can punch them all he like afterwards like Telence, but it was pretty tiring and the anime was really fucking drawn out in the worst parts and rushed in the best. DIO's World was 18 chapters and only got one episode more than Vanilla Ice, which was fucking 8 chapters.
>>
>>141965303
They made up for it though by making it the Polnareff comic book half the time.
>>
>>141964518
I'll defend stands but I won't defend Stardust Crusaders
>>
>hamonfags
Literally only entertaining due to Joseph
>>
>Hamonfags are still breathing
>>
hamon > spin > stands
>>
>>141965496
>>141965524
Kinda goes like this

>Part 1
introduces hamon
>Part 2
has fun with hamon
>Part 3
introduces stands
>Part 4
has fun with stands
>>
hamon itself sucks

it's joseph's tricks and hijinks that made battle tendency awesome
>>
File: his_hair_just_works_v2.gif (219 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
his_hair_just_works_v2.gif
219 KB, 400x400
>>141965580
I want to protect jotaro's smile
>>
>>141965580
pillermen pls go
>>
>>141965524
I'll defend Stardust Crusaders. The characters are enjoyable and it's necessary for setting the ground rules and basics of stands. Revived DIO is a great antagonist, too.
>>
>>141965524
I like Part III more than Part IV

Part IV doesn't seem like it has much of a direction
>>
The series would be dead and buried if Araki stuck with the Ripple. You can only take that shit so far.
>>
>>141965915
I think Araki didn't want a main villain and it was just going to be small town adventures, but Dio and Kars were super popular so WSJ told him he needed a primary antagonist which is where Kira came from. Explains why it didn't have much direction until Shigechi died.
>>
>>141964518
You fucking shit ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA!!!
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.