[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why has this moment not been topped /a/? Hell why has it not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 10
File: Eclipse_calling.jpg (14 KB, 580x350) Image search: [Google]
Eclipse_calling.jpg
14 KB, 580x350
Why has this moment not been topped /a/? Hell why has it not even been touched since it was released way back in 96? Can anything even come close to this moment?
>>
Just might as well stop consuming media.

Nothing is better than this.
>>
File: 1304920991797.jpg (37 KB, 159x109) Image search: [Google]
1304920991797.jpg
37 KB, 159x109
Just stop what your doing.
Walk away from this thread and think about what your saying before you say it.
>>
>>
>>141963108
I don't even mean the manga as a whole, it's far from perfect. But that moment and everything leading up to it was perfect.
>>
>>141963108
I thought Dr Manhattan's flashback and Rorschach's in watchmen are just as good but that's it.
>>
>>141963060
>>
File: AkainufistsAce.png (545 KB, 1241x1302) Image search: [Google]
AkainufistsAce.png
545 KB, 1241x1302
>>141963060
This scene is great cause Ace is a terrible character.
>>
>>141963128
ooh its a close contender but not quite
>>
>>141963503
Which flashback are you referring to?
>>
>>141964170
both I just worded that wrong, but both those chapters were perfect.
>>
File: TPXxzpS - Imgur (1).jpg (22 KB, 293x255) Image search: [Google]
TPXxzpS - Imgur (1).jpg
22 KB, 293x255
Topped in terms of what?

How memorable it is? How iconic it is? How big a portent of doom it is?
>>
File: 00serpico1.jpg (114 KB, 411x502) Image search: [Google]
00serpico1.jpg
114 KB, 411x502
>>141964230
how powerful and well executed a scene can be, idk. Iconic, well EoE is more known and iconic.
>>
>>141964211
I know what you meant. I'm asking for a recap of the flashbacks. I don't recall them.
>>
>>141963060
Yes, perhaps the most iconic moment of the manga. That whole scene was the only good thing to come out of those movies, animation wise at least.
>>
>>141963060
It sucks that I can't remember my initial reaction to the Eclipse. I must've been spoiled beforehand because I don't recall being shocked or anything, but even now it gives me goosebumps. It must be amazing if you go in blind, especially if you start at the Golden Age instead of the very beginning.
>>
>>141964299
I thought the movies were meh, but the eclipse one was pretty good and that's just cause of how strong the source material was on their part.

Still the godhand's entrance in the movie was done justice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50-ubeoCMNs

>slan's entrance
>Ubik's trolling them
>that loud noise conrad makes
kinda wish void appeared from the eclipse though like the manga.

>>141964324
I thought the Black Swordsman arc was mostly good just for the setup of that one moment. I'm still not sure whether it's better to go in blind or go in knowing something is about to go to shit while reading the golden age.
>>
So has the berserk dub crew released any outtakes from the movie?
>>
>>141964420
I don't necessarily think it'd be better to skip the Black Swordsman arc but I know I personally really love being surprised, so if I could do it again I would
>>
So how will Guts kill the Idea of Evil? Will he blame all of humanity's suffering on Griffith so they look to him instead while the Idea withers away and dies or something else?
>>
File: griffithabitch.png (1 MB, 2477x1800) Image search: [Google]
griffithabitch.png
1 MB, 2477x1800
>>141964324
Oh man it was insane. It was when I first started browsing /a/ and I was an anime-only fag. Heard great things about Berserk and the first episode had me confused, then the show goes on in the flashback and you forget everything about it. When I got to the eclipse and finished the episode I was just mad because I thought I watched some joke episode from a bad torrent. When it finally clicked together I just shit bricks.

Although the best moment throughout the whole series is the duel between Guts and Griffith, watching that the first time was quite satisfying. And then reading it was even better, that 2 page spread is just amazing
>>
File: GG.png (466 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
GG.png
466 KB, 1366x768
>>141963060
Nothing could have prepared me.
>>
File: 0AqSGOa.gif (977 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
0AqSGOa.gif
977 KB, 500x281
>>141964921
great scene actually definitely up there. This is when the show moved from a nice little show into greatness.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.