[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So we can all agree that despite its flaws this is the last good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: chaikax2frederica.jpg (262 KB, 1579x1577) Image search: [Google]
chaikax2frederica.jpg
262 KB, 1579x1577
So we can all agree that despite its flaws this is the last good work from BONES?

It's biggest flaw is the rushed ending, had they fleshed it out with an episode or two more it would have been a lot better.
>>
Needed more best girl.
>>
Red > White
>>
>>141944645
pls, tsundere is worst type
>>
>>141944612
It's depressing thinking about how much just one or two more episodes could have improved the second season, especially the ending.
Overall it was a solid fantasy but it's not the last good BONES show. Concrete Revolutio and Kekkai Sensen are better in my opinion.
>>
The best thing about it was Namaniku ATK and BONES had nothing to do with his involvement.
>>
>>141944813
hat I liked about it, is that depite the rushed ending, everything is still there. They still managed to cover everything without creating glaring plotholes. It is more that it feels a tad anticlimactic with gaz, mr so called all powerful, getting blown up the episode after he gets rezzed.

Just two more episodes to give slightly more background info and to make the decisions from the characters less sudden.

The last 4 or so episodes feel a bit like reading a checklist. All the important info is there, but the stuff that links it together to make a fluid story was removed.
>>
>>141944987
Actually the best thing about it is the story being solid and coherent, which has nothing to do with BONES OR the character designer.

Also, it barely gets discussed o /a/, which is good. When something gets discussed ad nauseum here it is either because it is garbage ad baits a million replies, it is controversial and baits a million replies or has a McBowl which baits a million replies.

If the anime you ant to watch barely gets a topic here, odds are it is going to be good.
>>
>>141945211
>Chaika
>barely talked about
What?
>>
>>141945211
If you're trying to sound competent you should first at least make sure you don't have any typos, sperg.
You're also wrong.
>>
>>141944612
that ending ruined the entire thing. they stripped any possible depth from the mad emperor and turned him in to a mindless "all must go to war, because war feeds magic, and I like magic" character. absolutely no logical motivations, no emotion, no depth, just a "generic villain".

it was fucking ruined.
>>
>>141945372
Compared to a plethora of other anime, yes. It got threads when it aired, but every anime gets threads when it airs.
>>
>>141945543
>chaika on the front page
>eyebrows
>chaika's face plastered over everything
It was one of the more visible anime in both cours and Chaika on the front page threads still aren't uncommon.
>>
>>141945543
It's one of the most discussed anime on /a/ in recent years.
What the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>141945665
k e k
Please tell me you don't actually believe this.

If you made a list of top 100 anime discussed on /a/ this would appear nowhere on it outside of the period in which it aired.
>>
>>141944612
Not even close. Pretty shit adaptation that came out during BONES worse financial year.
>>141945613
>>141945665
All Chaika threads amounted to a few retards posting memes nobody cared about and were largely dead. It helps that you look at the IP count for the threads and see how they were largely circlejerks.
>>
>goes through a lot of trouble and death to be resurrected with the ability to cast magic with just his body
>still makes a lamopowerlevel9999wand he doesn't need which ultimately just kills him
why
>>
>>141945732
>Not even close. Pretty shit adaptation that came out during BONES worse financial year.
Name me the better anime that BONES created after this. There is basically just 1 other contenders, Kekkai Sensen. Everything else by BONES after Chaika was complete and utter shit that insults the viewer's intelligence on an episodic basis.
>>
>>141946033
>Name me the better anime that BONES created after this
Noragami Aragoto hell even Show By Rock was better than Chaika.
>>
File: shot_0068.jpg (149 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shot_0068.jpg
149 KB, 1280x720
>>141946156
>Show By Rock
Not even the best kemonomimi of its season.
>>
>>141946156
>Noragami Aragoto
This started before Chaika.

Show by rock had too much of a retarded premise without taking it far enough for it to actually fall into the "pants on head retarded" category.
>>
>>141946310
>This started before Chaika.
....that aired after Chaika dumbass
>>
>>141946372
OP states "last good work by BONES"
Chaika was a project that started after Noragami, that Nora's S2 aired after Chaika's S2 is irrelevant. Read OP "dumbass".

Besides that, Noragami is melodramatic teenangst garbage.
>>
File: CjOHj3IUkAU19JD.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
CjOHj3IUkAU19JD.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
>>141946269
That simply means that you consider Etotama better than Chaika.
>>
>>141946537
>Chaika was a project that started after Noragami, that Nora's S2 aired after Chaika's S2 is irrelevant.
Are you fucking stupid? Noragami Aragoto is a separate project from Norgami you dumbass. It still fucking counts. Either way neither projects are original and are just adaptations.
>>
>>141946269
>>141946310
Notice how I said better than Chaika
>>141946310
>Noragami Aragoto
>This started before Chaika.
Norgami Aragoto - October 2015
Chaika - April 2014

What?

>>141946537
>Chaika was a project that started after Noragami, that Nora's S2 aired after Chaika's S2 is irrelevant. Read OP "dumbass".
This...makes no sense. Aragato came AFTER Chaika. Your argument would hold water if Norgami was always planned for two seasons like Chaika but it wasn't.
>>
>>141945790
Wand was his B plan.
Someone else used his B plan against him.
>>
>>141947284
>Norogami Aragoto is a seperate project
No, it is just season 2, it also still remains a shitty shounen melodrama drowning in teenangst.
>>
File: asuka_disdain.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
asuka_disdain.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>141947356
Even going with your logic, it doesn't matter, neither of the noragami seasons are good unless you entered and are still stuck in the phase of "muh existence, what does it mean?!".

Chaika may have fucked up its ending, but at least it didn't go full frogposter on its viewer.
>>
>>141947849
>neither of the noragami seasons are good
I liked one of the OPs or EDs. I only know because of osu!, but good opening and closing songs count for something.
The OP is the only reason I went back to finish Barakamon after I had dropped it.
>>
>>141947700
>It's not a seperate project its just a second season
>production committee is Norgami Aragato while the Production committe for season 1 is just Noragami

BONES says you're wrong senpai

>>141947849
>neither of the noragami seasons are good
They were. Much better than Chaika and judging by its reception online many people agree. Nobody gives a shit about Chaika except memesters
>>
>>141947849
>it doesn't wrong.
Kid, you're wrong. Shut up.
>its not good because I say so
Great argument. Why am I wasting my time arguing with a Chaika poster?
>>
>>141948045
Fair enough, it has a good OP/ED. Speaking of which, I really enjoyed Chaika's OP as well, S2 OP was crap though.

>>141948053
>judging by its reception online many people agree
Teenangsty teenagers run the bloggosphere, more news at 10.

>>141948093
I dunno, why do you post your teenangst show in a Chaika thread expecting a different response?
>>
File: 1464043975416.jpg (341 KB, 1344x522) Image search: [Google]
1464043975416.jpg
341 KB, 1344x522
>>141944612
RESISTANCE FUTILE
SHOCKING TRUTH
>>
>>141944612
Could have been a lot better, but it was passable.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.