[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with having seen all of the great anime? There
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: sad.jpg (78 KB, 427x574) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
78 KB, 427x574
How do you deal with having seen all of the great anime? There are decent shows I haven't seen, but it's such a let down when I try.
>>
Watch better shows nigga, I really doubt you've watched everything good.
>>
You just rewatch K-On!
>>
>>141932520
I haven't seen everything good, you're right. But I've seen everything great.
>>
Well if you're in essence done with your backlog (of shit you actually really wanted to see), then really, you're finally caught up to what proper /a/nons should be - watching seasonal shows in good fucking part because you've seen just about fucking everything else.

However you'll find over time there are interesting shows, movies and OVAs that slipped through the cracks because they don't show up on typical generic "good anime" charts, and are in fact really awesome.

Unless that backlog is like 5 shows, in which case you're a casual who wants a lazy detour route to claim to be tasteful without actually putting in the effort to have a real range of experience (you're still new here if you've seen >200 shows).
>>
I haven't though. my watching speed is abysmal
>>
>>141932647
I've been here for six years, and in that time have watched everything that gets any kind of love. I'm just picking directors I like and working my way through their stuff chronologically, now. Shinbo's early work is fucking terrible.
>>
>>141932647
Or wait, <200. Actually >200 could still apply because some people would peg 250 as the newfag cutoff.
>>
File: 1458640323933.jpg (43 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1458640323933.jpg
43 KB, 640x640
>>141932511
>Implying even though I've been here for ages I didn't avoid popular shows at first because I had a hipster faze and only watched obscure shit
>Implying after that faze that I've faltered on my stubbornness
>Implying I've seen Code Gayass, Eva, TTGL, K-On, Panty and Stockings, Darker than Black, or most other entry level and well known animu
>I've only faltered and watched Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell for the first time in the past two years because my stubbornness is not benefiting me
>I will get to watch all of these show for the first time
>>
File: 1458463153497.jpg (104 KB, 581x668) Image search: [Google]
1458463153497.jpg
104 KB, 581x668
>>141932511
Watch a show out of you genre range for once. If you only watch action, adventure stuff then watch the occasional SoL or something. I don't know how man times I came into an anime with 0 expectations and left satisfied. Watch something that isn't posted on /a/ or the top on MAL. Not every anime you watch has to be 10/10 AOTY material.
>>
>>141932741
That's just it, though. I'm bored of watching stuff that isn't 10/10. If you think I haven't watched the best of every genre, then you're not taking my OP literally enough.
>>
>>141932766
You should stop deciding what to watch base on the rating of it.
>>
>>141932812
>implying i've ever bothered to look at rating sites

bruh
>>
File: 1374814086003.png (578 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1374814086003.png
578 KB, 2560x1440
>>141932766
Have you tried watching anime based on volume of doujinshi made for it?
>>
>>141932766
"10/10" is pretty subjective though. I remember back in uni I bumped into some gangly fuck who liked anime and he showed me his 10/10 list and I just laughed. Also keep in mind half of MAL's top 10 series are just fucking various releases of Gintama. Which is not actually that good and nowhere near the dicksucking those fucking idiots give it. So really when you're trusting ANN reviews and such you'll be seeing a lot of bias towards shit that isn't actually that good but got into some kind of Western-accepted hivemind.

Hell you'll find many 9/10s are better than supposed 10/10s. And 8s and 7s too. Then you realize it's all rather fucking arbitrary because it is and you're seeing those ratings aggregates halfway (if not more) through the eyes of underage teen fags.

If you like moe SoL for example, have you seen A-channel? It's really fucking good yet for some reason it was never that popular on /a/.
>>
>>141932870
I'm not actually watching only things rated 10/10, and I don't fucking use MAL.

Also, A-Channel looks super generic.
>>
If you get through all the classics and entry level anime but don't want to watch more, the hobby is not for you. Try manga.
>>
>>141932647
Fuck man, I just checked and I'm at 371.
I guess I'm not a newfag anymore.
Time flies, I honestly expected to check and just see 100-200, maybe 250.

Half of them I barely remember, and I never remember
character names, except for a few.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.