[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>gets substantial credit for Texhnolyze despite only doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: abe.jpg (12 KB, 220x330) Image search: [Google]
abe.jpg
12 KB, 220x330
>gets substantial credit for Texhnolyze despite only doing designs
>original SEL manga was shit compared to its more sophisticated animated counterpart
>Niea Under 7 is just wishy wash obfuscating itself as sci-fi in an attempt to emulate atmospheric non-sci-fis like aria and ykk
>Haibane Renmei is just vapid symbolism that cribs its setting from a hack author
>hides behind surrealism like other people who have nothing of value to say
>isn't Spanish so we can't even say it's magical realism
>was going to save anime with Despera
>didn't
>people think he's a director
>he isn't
>majority of his stories basically revolve around often lonely underage girls
>is somehow not called a pedo
>somehow is loved

did we all fall for the meme?
>>
>>141903379
Here's your (You).
>>
>>141903379
Him and Ueda just have a lot of creative influence over their shows, more than the actual directors. Desperas was actually supposed to be more of Nakamura's project than theirs. Your comments on Haibane Renmei is dumb, all of the shows had surreal elements.

You're wrong on the SEL manga being somehow original, work on the show started a lot earlier. Ueda was the creator of the whole concept and he just hired ABe to write the manga.
>>
>>141904125
>thinking Texhnolyze and SEL are surreal

Texhnolyze is firmly cyberpunk with a smudge of modern realism style while SEL was less surreal and more interested in the grappling with simulacra and hypertext
>>
Is there something better than Texhnolyze?
>>
>>141904280
None of the four are really surreal in the classical sense, but they all use surreal imagery and use elements adopted from film surrealists in their direction. It's just that's the most convenient way to call it. You could just say weird, but then for someone TTGL could be weird and we obviously wouldn't be talking about the same "weird" as in the case of Lain or Haibane.
>>
>>141904653
Yes, Lain and Haibane for one.
>>
Not even going to give a (you) to you
>>
>>141903379
I'm glad I haven't fallen for this meme yet
>>
>>141904707
Texhnolyze > Lain >>>>> Haibane > * > Niea_7
>>
>>141903379
>magical realism
>somehow good
This is my biggest problem with this post.
>>
>>141907445
This is fact
>>
>>141903379
>Haibane Renmei is just vapid symbolism that cribs its setting from a hack author

this is how I know to disregard your opinion. please revise and apply yourself.
>>
>>141907623
>implying an aesthetic movement or genre should be collectively written off as good or bad
>>
>>141909163
>setting is influenced by irrelevant author
>blatant angel symbolism
>juxtaposes that against an ominous/elusive atmosphere as if to suggest its symbolism is not laughably obvious
>somehow should not be considered vapid

nice job. you fell for the meme
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.