[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched Gits 2, i had no idea of what was going on after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: index-innocence.jpg (80 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
index-innocence.jpg
80 KB, 600x800
Just watched Gits 2, i had no idea of what was going on after they went to kim. Also 90% percent of the dialogue was just quotes, it was certainly interesting. Can anyone explain?
>>
>>141870437
it's okay not to like things
but don't take it personally when people think you're a pleb
>>
>>141870540
Oh no i really liked it, i just want to know what was going plot wise in the end. I have no problems understanding the themes and such.
>>
>>141870667

Deus ex machina sexaroid Major and Batou acting like more of a wiseman than a base, vulgar soldier. I interpret Innocence as having much to do with the innocence of children. How they must be saved and preserved. I felt that the movie wasn't anime as much as it was an attempt at pure art.
>>
Oshii ramblings
only good gits is manga
>>
2 things i disliked about i were the over reliance on cgi, though there are scenes were it looks really great and "fits" like beautiful parade scene. And the sometimes non-sense "philosophy". It seemed like something that tried to be deep instead of being deep. The first one had a much better mix of philosophical questions and quotes that fit the movies story and overall atmosphere.

Also Major sexbot having another arm ripping off scene, just unnecessary fan service
>>
File: oshii-chart.jpg (183 KB, 1022x442) Image search: [Google]
oshii-chart.jpg
183 KB, 1022x442
>>141870437
>>
>>141870437
Well....
>>
>>141871351
>the over reliance on cgi
That's because you watched 2.0 which is a remake of the original with lots ofcgi. Watch the original movie.
>>
Mamoru Oshii's later works in general is just him rambling about shit that is neither insightful or particularly interesting
>>
>>141870437
You should have watched the other 2004 film called Innocence.
>>
>>141872042
>patented bullshit chart.jpg
Only part of that chart that's absolutely correct is that you didn't get any of them
>>
>>141870437
>i had no idea of what was going on after they went to kim
It's been something like 7 years since I've watched it but I'll give it a shot.Probably even starting from the wrong part as I don't remember who Kim is.

>the dynamic duo go to some other city or country from where they think the fuccbots are coming from
>talk to a dude, he tells them about the mansion and decommed ship
>parade scene (maybe flip this and the last around)

I assume this is the part you are confused about
>standing in the front of the mansion is the last real thing that happens, the first 2 or 3 times inside are all in Batou and Togusa's minds, as if they had walked into a minefield or something but mentally, like the scene with Batou in the grocery store which was the Major fucking with Batou to let him know she was still around
>the major saw this hack coming and put the doll there (the amerth shit) to warn Batou what was going on, he fortunately caught on
>batou goes to the boat and mercs a bunch of people ("It was necessary to destroy the village in order to save it") the Major hacks things and shows up occupying the body of one of the bots, they stop the sexdroids from being produced
>batou makes fun of a kidnapped child because robutts are humans too and loloshii

It's actually not that complicated but the presentation makes it seem that way. Amazing visuals but overuses quotes and 2deep4u dialog conceals a really straightforward story. I'm not going to look for an image of someone making a wanking motion but just pretend that I posted one.

First movie was better.

tl;dr Batou and Togusa find the rich guy making the fuckbots, go to his house to kill him get mind hacked, get out of the mind hack then go to his boat production facility and destroy it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.