[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why did this show become something with potential then fail
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
So why did this show become something with potential then fail spectacularly as pathetic fanwank?

INB4 triggerfags call this bait
>>
It started pretty badly actually. It's only the trip into trigger crazyland that redeemed it.
>>
>>141845699
>short garbage
>potential
>>
>>141845699
>inb4 anons call my bait a bait
Are you a wizzard?
>>
It has been great all the way.
>>
>>141845699
It didn't.
>>
File: InfernoCop.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
InfernoCop.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>141845699
They tried to recapture what made Inferno Cop so good, and overdid it.
>>
File: 1461870344758.png (38 KB, 499x338) Image search: [Google]
1461870344758.png
38 KB, 499x338
>>141846048
>>
>>141845699
I wouldn't say this show ever had any potential to begin with. I found this show boring as fuck since episode one.
>>
>>141845699
I honestly hate everything Trigger has ever put out but love Luluco.
>>
>>141845699
The crossovers are only for this season. After next episode they're back to the plot.
>>
File: inferno god.png (799 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
inferno god.png
799 KB, 1280x720
>>141847378
>the plot
That's the problem with the whole thing. It has one. Too many series start off fine, and then die when a plot gets wheeled on.
>>
>>141845699
>something with potential
It never did.
>>
Looking back right now at the start of the show it becomes clearer that Imaishi never had any cards to put on it or any real faith in it; episode 1 is as sloppily done as a random spacing ep would be. Only some outreaching effort by underlings made this seem like more than it was, with Sato and Amemiya's ep4 being the best one.

But now it's gotten back to its gimmicky "whatever" course with uncared for visuals.

I still think we might get one more ep on the tune of 4, y'know a purely self-contained bit of coolness, but it'll remain dissociated from the overall identity of the show.
>>
>>141845699
It started strong and it's still going strong
Your taste is just utter trash, anon
>>
>>141848906
To me the whole thing seems to be Trigger using it as a "student project" for new staff to get their feet wet, hence the lack of cohesion.

I wouldn't be surprised if more expeirenced staff is just there in name and to provide feedback/support but the whole thing is being done to 80/90% by underlings.
>>
>>141849568
But why does it feel so... cynical, accustomed, then? I mean parts of eps of Luluco (especially the last 3) just scream formula to me. No creative impulse, no barely untapped energy, nothing that would be usually associated with young talents being let free (like they were in LWA, even to a much lesser extent).

Again, only episode 4, made by two veterans, seemed to be aiming a little higher.
>>
>>141849739
My personal guess is that depending on the episodes which "section" is in charge changes. Episode 4 was probably assigned for the veterans to take direct charge of art direction and storyboarding while the underlings focused on execution of those directions while in earlier episodes it may have been had more ping-ponging between the two (or been completely hands-off at times).

And I wouldn't be surprised that the veterans are reigning them in from time to time reminding the youngsters that:
1.) The "plot" (or what counts for it) needs to still have some paper-thin semblance of coherence
2.) To stick to the canvas they have been given to work in

If I were to guess they are trying to teach them to work with heavy "budgetary" constraints (possibly artificially so) and trying to make the best out of it, as if simulating the issues GAINAX had during Eva or "Aim for the top" where they were basically broke but found ways to not slash them allright.
>>
>>141849957
None of what you say is what Trigger, or Imaishi, would do.

Ep 4 was a solo effort by Sato, some 2nd KA here and there but no underlings taking on any creative role.

End of the day this might just speak of a lack of talent.
>>
>>141846193
You are mother fucker.
>>
>Assuming, the thread
>>
>>141845699
it's been fun the whole way

anyone analyzing a mindless short anime is an autist. might as well complain about teekyuu
>>
>>141845699
this show is only 7 min per episode dude, is just for waiting the main season animes and you have a little free time.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.