[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished this. So are we all in agreement that this is probably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Good Kiid Maad Galaxy.png (467 KB, 610x468) Image search: [Google]
Good Kiid Maad Galaxy.png
467 KB, 610x468
Just finished this. So are we all in agreement that this is probably the greatest anime ever created of all time?
>>
>>141844371
>greatest anime ever created of all time

I think you mean Gintama
>>
>>141844371
Dude I just finished season one and it's already one of my favorites. I legit cried when Kercheis died.
>>
Greatest anime is NGE.
>>
No, the visual direction is too poor for it to be a contender. Talking heads don't take advantage of the medium, no matter how interesting their dialogue is.
>>
File: 4322.jpg (91 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
4322.jpg
91 KB, 640x480
This is now a Bittenfeld thread
>>
>>141844371
>So are we all in agreement that this is probably the greatest anime ever created of all time?

Most overrated and used by weebs to stroke their anime epeen over 'mature shows for mature watchers like themselves'.

-Visually underwhelming
-Audio-wise contributes nothing original but uses established classical music paired on top with generic scenes you'd expect them to go well with in the first place
-Direction-wise not very tight and has the pace of an asthmatic ant
-Has just as much stereotypical and cliche bullshit other anime does
-MIRACLE YANG wins because MIRACLE YANG
-Emulates 'Naval warfare' in space largely ignoring the extra planes of space (everyone just lines up neatly shooting at each other or runs around in well ordered circles
-Philosophical and geopolitical dialogue is nothing original nor insightful and the same lines one has heard from teens who think they know it all or have stumbled upon some profound point by raising it (e.g benevolent dictator or question)
>>
>>141844811
This but I had fun watching anyway.
>>
Shit was so cringe when they were all like "SASUG YANG SASUGA REINHARD blahblahblah" in the first 10 episodes I had to drop it.
>>
>>141845811
This too. I don't care if some people criticize its faults as a knee-jerk response to the OMG BEST THING EVER LOL ANIME IS RUINED FOR ME NOW crowd. They're free to do that and it indeed has way too much talking heads and gary stu Yang (well, actually that didn't last the whole story, but still). But it's still a fucking awesome show and there is nothing else like it.

People have got to appreciate it for what it is - timeless, something you sit down with when you're not feeling so silly and light like the usual harem and kiddy shonens provide for.
>>
>>141846260
I pretty much agree what you've said. As an animation its not the greatest and I'd probably look at the books but I heard they didnt read too well.
>>
>>141846500
As mediocre as the visuals are, I have to admit I'd probably enjoying reading it much less. Just having someone to look at while they speak or fight is an improvement over reading what could be dry subject matter depending on the writing and I can't imagine it having amazing prose, especially once translated.
>>
>>141844811
Scope of the project as an OVA and the vocal cast are most likely never going to be exceeded.
>>
File: 14573043448613.jpg (88 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
14573043448613.jpg
88 KB, 960x720
>>141844614
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.