[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CGDCT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: dedeededed.jpg (46 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
dedeededed.jpg
46 KB, 960x720
Does CGDCT anime help dealing with crippling depression?
>>
File: tSIW84S.gif (2 MB, 427x240) Image search: [Google]
tSIW84S.gif
2 MB, 427x240
faping gets the mind off things.
>>
only if you watch ones that help you appreciate the 3D world as opposed to ones that make you wish you were a 2D girl
>>
>>141843925
>appreciate the 3D world
Unless you're talking about food, I don't see how that's possible.
>>
>>141843813
No.
>>
>>141843908
>tumblr .gif
Tumblr files have to be under 1mb. That .gif is 1.8mb.
>>
>>141843813
It postpones it. If you postpone it until you die, you win!
>>
>>141843813
Most of the time.

And then there are the odd episodes that instead of healing you, reminds you of just how much you are losing out on, all the happy memories you'll never make, all the adventures you'll never go with your true friends and all the love that you will never experience.
>>
>>141844328
And then the series ends, and the emptiness in your soul returns with a vengeance.
>>
>>141844508
And a new series start.
>>
>>141844328
CGDCT != iyashikei

In most cases
>>
No, because it makes me wish I could do cute and fun things.
>>
>>141843813
It helps you forget them for a bit.
Then it gets worse.
>>
>>141844720
>>141844807
Anime is just 2D heroin.
>>
No.

I had learned of moe SoL in my early 20s and it was simply a great addition to living, like being able to see a new color or something.

When I actually learned what depression is like, it is something you can't mentally gear up for or rationalize your way out of; the fact there is no easy cure for it is what makes it a disease in the first place because it's not just the typical down moment you bounce back from. You're aware it's some chemical imbalance and can tell yourself "stop being stupid brain, there is no reason to feel down" and it does nothing. It's odd, technically my life was actually going really great (good job I love etc) and suddenly everything just feels like pure shit when you're doing the same mundane activities you usually didn't mind much, and things you liked doing also give you just nothing. Everything feels like shit for seemingly no reason at all. My moe shows (most particularly Hidamari) got me out of anxiety attacks a few times but that was it. It didn't make me actually feel like my old self again. What actually cured me of the fucking derps was St John's wort tea. It took a lot of it though (actually a combination of it with valerian and passionflower) and I had to keep drinking it for a while to stave off various co-occurring anxiety symptoms like palpitations and tingly hands etc.
>>
File: m26_C481_big.jpg (110 KB, 840x480) Image search: [Google]
m26_C481_big.jpg
110 KB, 840x480
>>141843813
This is the anime I'd recommend to people with depression. Seriously.
>>
>>141846317
I love Eva because being fucked up is relatable, but I'd actually recommend Haibane Renmei.
>>
>>141843908
>this newfag still attention whoring
>>
File: 0340.jpg (26 KB, 300x245) Image search: [Google]
0340.jpg
26 KB, 300x245
>>141846317
>>141846575
Those are both great choices, though they both help people deal with different things.

Haibane Renmei is for getting past guilt that has metastised into its own problem separate from the thing you're guilty about.

End of Evangelion is for if you're too scared to express yourself around other people or too scared to attempt to intimately connect with other people, because of fear of rejection and separation.
>>
>>141844328
NNB is pretty sad when you consider that the group of kids that the series follows is seemingly the last generation of children that the hick village has for a long time
>>
>>141843813
Yes, actually pretty effective. It helps that there is a seemingly endless supply of it too
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.