[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>That one character who the author was planning to kill off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 1460603108723.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460603108723.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>That one character who the author was planning to kill off but doesn't because he/she becomes a fan favourite and cops out due to it

Is there anything more annoying than this shit?
>>
File: Byakuya is crying.jpg (103 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Byakuya is crying.jpg
103 KB, 800x1200
>>141834756
Dammit fujos
>>
>>141834756
No it's not. You're just a giant faggot nigger cunt
>>
>>141834756
Gary Stus. I'd provide an example, but you already posted one.
>>
>>141837056
Look up the definition of a Mary Sue/Gary Stu.
>>
>>141836254
>implying Kubo has the balls to EVER kill any good guy

Remember that girl that got literally cut in half by Gin and survived?
>>
>>141837056
>Calling characters made for beating the hell out of things a Gary/Mary Stu
Man, you must've hate fun with a passion, don't you?
>>
Togashi only kept Hiei as a reoccurring character in YYH due to his surprising amount of popularity and for that I'm eternally thankful. I can't be upset by this sort of thing since its what allowed me to see my husbando up until the very end.
>>
>>141834756
Daryl Dixon
>>
The pig in 7 deadly sins. Hadn't had watery eyes in a while.
>>
File: baldy.jpg (59 KB, 680x438) Image search: [Google]
baldy.jpg
59 KB, 680x438
>>141834756

> I'm just a faggot who's an autist for fun.
>>
Othinus from index.

Everything was set up for her death but then muh polls and had to pull up some shitty cop out end.
>>
>>141837187

I might be wrong as I haven't kept up with TWD in a few years but I don't think Daryl was originally supposed to die. I think his popularity just made the writers give him a more important role than he was initially going to have.
>>
>>141834756
i agree op
>>
>>141834756

i wouldn't class it as annoying, but I wonder how Code Geass would have changed if Orange was actually killed off.
>>
>>141838930
One less meme. That's pretty much it.
>>
>>141838930
Seeing as LOYALTY was the best character when he appeared it would've changed for worse.
>>
>>141838985
Fuck you, Jeremiah made plenty of great scenes without any use of memes.
>>
>>141834756
>Is there anything more annoying than this shit?
A legit villain joining the heroes with the most absurd excuse just because said villain is popular.

Nanatsu no Taizai is full of this.
>>
>>141838930
I wonder what would happen to DB, and manga in general, if Vegeta die to Goku like he was made to.
>>
That happens all the time with every aspect of a story. Authors almost always have everything vaguely mapped out by the time they're writting the beginnings of a story, and rarley does the final result match the original idea. Changes of hearts and adapting to people's reactions are pretty much part of a on going writing process.
>>
>>141834756
Wait, what happened in OPM? I don't pay much attention to things outside actual anime/manga.
>>
Araki got the last laugh though by killing Abdul later.
>>
>>141838930
It wouldn't have changed much in Code Geass to be honest. Some other character, whether existing or new, would have been used for the same scenes.
>>
>>141837120
In bleach any character worth shit(with a good amount of reiatsu) won't die unless you crush their heads of rip their hearts.

It's literally said in the beginning.
>>
File: 1459015286070.png (653 KB, 544x566) Image search: [Google]
1459015286070.png
653 KB, 544x566
>comes back only to do nothing the entire story and then die again anyway
>>
>>141839772
he's just using it as a reaction image
>>
>>141834756
>that character that doesn't get any development despite the author's intention because an older character is more popular
>>
>>141834756
This is only terrible if it's foreshadowed hard that the character is killed off or is already killed but suddenly survives/revives due to some deus ex machina shit.

If not, I'd say that the character did a good job saving a popular character for spiraling down to irrelevancy. It's how it is done is what counts.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.