[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are main characters weak now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
Just saw this Haifuri anime.

Main character is the captain of a destroyer.
If this were made in the 80s or 90s. Main Character would have the Yamato and would be the most powerful.

Same thing for girls und panzer. Main character commands a Panzer IV, which was a very shit tank in WW2. If it was done in the 80s or the 90s. Main Character would have either a Tiger or a Panther, because back then MCs had to be more powerful than the rest.

I can already see when they move to airplanes. MC will get the A6M Zero. And the baddie will have a me262 or P51 mustang.
>>
>>141820504
>If this were made in the 80s or 90s. Main Character would have the Yamato and would be the most powerful.
You don't see this as a problem?

>I AM THE MC
>I AM THE STRONGEST AND SPECIALEST
>ALSO WATCH ME PUNCH AN ENTIRE CITY DOWN
It's an improvement.

Also FUCK YOU for badmouthing the PzIV. Calling it shit shows your garbage grasp of WWII history.
>>
Underdog stories are and will always be better than juvenile self-insert power trips.
>>
>>141820504
Because underdog stories are fun.
>>
Because the majority of anime Watchers would rather watch a Moe harem anime than a story based anime. That's why every season is saturated with Moe shit.
>>
>>141820504
>Main Character would have either a Tiger or a Panther
Which would break down halfway through the 2nd episode and require 3 episodes worth of maintenance.

Fuck you.
>>
>>141820643
His post referencing moe anime was only tangentially related to the point.
>>
File: Says you.jpg (41 KB, 384x381) Image search: [Google]
Says you.jpg
41 KB, 384x381
>>141820504
Because you have a shitty model of an MC. A MC of a story can be anything. Ranged from a loner sniper, fodder, or an army leader. Does that matter? Of course not, because what's matter is the story itself. Unless, you're self-insert faggot requiring a badass MC with chicks chasing his dick.

Also, fuck you too for calling Pz IV a shit tank.
>>
File: 1460521158432.jpg (51 KB, 437x333) Image search: [Google]
1460521158432.jpg
51 KB, 437x333
>>141820504
> I only watch anime where MC is super special and can defeat everyone with no effort
> There is no narrative worth to be gained from overcoming challenges
> My ideal anime is a regular person such as myself being pitted against literal retarded wheelchair-bound 9 year olds and winning, always winning
> Unlike real life. Some day I will show them. Some day.
>>
>>141820504

>Panzer IV
>very shit

No.
>>
>>141820504
Why is your font fucked up like that? Fix that shit.
>>
>>141820504
I really love this anime.
dunno anything about panzer, tanks are not my thing
>>
>>141820504
>Why are OPs weak now?
>Just saw this Haifuri thread.
>OP is the captain of a destroyer.
>If this were made in the 80s or 90s. OP would have the Yamato and would be the most powerful.
>>
>>141820504
Why are OP's gay now?

Just saw this gay thread.

OP is the captain of a another man's penis.
If this were made in the 80s or 90s. OP would have the cunt and would be the most straight.

Same thing for OP's mom. She commands my penis, which was a very big tank in WW2. If it was done in the 80s or the 90s. OP's would have either a bull or a bull, because back then OP's mom had to be more blacked than the rest.

I can already see when they move to airplanes. MC will get the A6M Zero. And the baddie will have a me262 or P51 mustang.
>>
>Panzer IV
>a very shit tank
"no"
>>
Miho compensates for her lack of OP tanks by being an amazing leader and commander.
>>
File: mpv-shot0002.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0002.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
wew
When does Shimakaze, ro 500 and the male capitan that fucks them all come in?

Good harem
>>
>>141820504
>Panzer IV, which was a very shit tank in WW2.
I know OP is just pure bait but still - fuck you.
>>
Protagonist getting a weak machine for prolonged parts of the series wasn't unheard of in the 80s. Look at Dunbine, Votoms or Z Gundam.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.