[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many people think Goku is the strongest anime character?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Gokusteppingoutofaspaceship.jpg (34 KB, 224x498) Image search: [Google]
Gokusteppingoutofaspaceship.jpg
34 KB, 224x498
Why do so many people think Goku is the strongest anime character? and this is coming from someone whose watched Dragon Ball and Z
>>
They don't, it is a meme. Most people know characters like Huruchi far outclass him.
>>
>>141791109
because he worked the hardest and has been growing for the longest amount of time
>>
I'm sure you can discuss this amomgst your friends at reddit and tumblr OP, please fuck off back there.
>>
They're ignorant
>>
The reason people think that is because goku has the will to grow ever stronger and to over come every challenge put in his path
>>
>>141791109
Because DBZ fags don't watch anime.
>>
>>141791109
Watch Super. Goku is UNIVERSAL now. The UNIVERSE knows it.
>>
Goku isn't even the strongest character in his own series. For like 90% of it he's getting his ass repeatedly zenkaied. This is especially true in Super where Weis and Beerus have been stronger than him for a few years now.
>>
>>141791682
Goku is shit against Gold experience requiem and All fiction
>>
>>141791237
He probably could, but seeing as he posted a thread about it on 4chan, I think he'd rather talk about it here.
>>
>>141791109
Because Dragon Ball Super went full fanfiction tier and now goku apparently is strong enough to destroy the universe just by fighting someone of similar power.

Too bad the anime fucking blows at showing it, the actual fights look no different (worse) than during the namek saga. He doesn't even destroy the ring he's on unleashing his full power x10.

It's like how the Flash is fucking retarded, but if his writers say he's that fast, he's that fast. Even when it clearly makes no sense.
>>
>>141791109
Because it's for casuals so most of them haven't watched enough animu to know better.
>>
>>141791719
>This is especially true in Super where Weis and Beerus have been stronger than him for a few years now.

They obviously aren't anymore. Goku's base level is currently around a third or a half of Beeru's power level. Super Saiyan form alone should make him 25 times stronger than beerus and around 15 times stronger than Whis.

But even if we accept that Super Saiyan is no longer a big boost, and generously assume his super saiyan Blue form is at best a measly 2x power boost, with Kaioken he's still at least 6 times stronger than Beerus and 4 times stronger than Whis.
>>
>>141791109
>40 tons
>>
>>141791109
>Why do so many people think Goku is the strongest anime character?
Tradition
>>
>>141792885
Champa was going to wreck HIT who matched SSBKK Goku, he even said time leap and super saiyan couldn't do shit to him.
>>
>>141793213
So they said, but that's stupid, anon. Dragon Ball Super relies entirely on telling stuff, because everything it shows ends up contradicting them.
>>
>>141791313
like every shonen MC
>>
>>141793330
The whole point Champa and Beerus made was that Goku and Hit are still the God's bitches. Goku is not surpassing Beerus anytime soon, Toriyama said it.
>>
>>141793457
>Said it

Exactly. They don't show it, but we have to believe them when they say it, even if their own show contradicts them.

Dragon Ball Super is fucking retarded.

I guess I'm supposed to believe beerus was throughly entertained enough to spare the earth fighting someone who was less than 20 times his power. Fighting babies sure is challenging.
>>
>>141791682
Goku couldn't even beat someone like Aizen faggot
>>
>>141791274
>>141792849
This, the only people who think goku is the strongest are those kind of people. Everybody knows Optimus Prime is the strongest anime character ever.
>>
>>141793457
Toriyama also has 0 consistency and doesn't care about DB at this point.
The SSB with Kioaken x10 should put Goku way past Beerus and Whis, but Toriyama doesn't stop to think, so you we end up highly contradictory shit
>>
File: This is my mercy.png (344 KB, 913x1300) Image search: [Google]
This is my mercy.png
344 KB, 913x1300
>>141791109
Could Goku withstand a Mugen punch?
>>
>>141793661
What do you mean? That's super saiyan blue goku, see the colors?
>>
File: tumblr_lh9bp9M91C1qf8kb8o1_400.gif (477 KB, 377x207) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lh9bp9M91C1qf8kb8o1_400.gif
477 KB, 377x207
Toriyama spearheaded the writing and details for the new movies, and those were surprisingly internally consistent in terms of power levels and other in-universe logic stuff.

But he's much less directly involved with Super by comparison, mostly just providing character designs and some very basic story ideas, akin to what he did for GT.

But Super is hot garbage, and Toei has just been all over the place with it and doing whatever the hell they want without any regard for making consistent sense. Sure, stuff like the Super Saiyan Blue Kaio-Ken was visually cool, but it completely fucks up the supposed power hierarchy between Goku and Beerus.

Hell, even GT kept track of its characters' ages, which is more than Super's managing to do.
>>
>>141793913
>and those were surprisingly internally consistent in terms of power levels and other in-universe logic stuff.

Gods getting shrekt by a fucking decoder ring blast.
Super Saiyan Blue should be way stronger than beerus.

Toriyama is every bit as much to blame for the mess that is super.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.