[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't the Sword Art Online fever ever die down? This
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: Ci7y_8RUkAAHukJ.jpg large.jpg (190 KB, 767x945) Image search: [Google]
Ci7y_8RUkAAHukJ.jpg large.jpg
190 KB, 767x945
Why can't the Sword Art Online fever ever die down? This is like the 3rd straight year of SAO promotions at any major anime-related event.
>>
Literally who give a fuck about con but casual normalfags?
>>
File: giphy.gif (466 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
466 KB, 450x253
>>141783737
>Why can't the Sword Art Online fever ever die down?

>Project Alicization
>SAO Progressive
>SAO Hollow Series for PS3/PS4/Vita
>Kirito and Asuna showing up in multiple Dengeki promotions

Gee, I'm not sure why SAO is still popular. It's not like it's still pumping out new content and all...
>>
>>141783737
It makes money.

Don't be salty.
>>
>>141783737
A part of me wishes it weren't so popular, because maybe I wouldn't feel so shitty enjoying my garbage, but on the other hand, I'll never be hurting for content.
I'm almost finished with Hollow Fragment.
Also Alicization was really fun up to and including volume 14
>>
Glop. Two years. Endlessly.
>>
Eng VAs a shit. Unless the secret guess is LiSA I probly will skip out on it.
>>
>>141786410
It's Asuna's Japanese VA
>>
Literally who cares. Does it also bother you that some people also just don't like anime in general?
>>
>>141783737
Because they keep publishing new material?
>>
>>141783737

Because Aniplex and Bamco always promote the ever loving fucking shit out of properties they intend to sell or keep selling. Its super aggressive pushy advertising and marketing too and it's not just SAO, that's just the one that seems to trigger ragey anime fans so they notice that one
>>
This thing keeps me wondering. Why did SAO so popular in Japan.
All I know is nips prefer to play console rather than PC MMO.
>>
File: 29238523_p0.jpg (235 KB, 1082x910) Image search: [Google]
29238523_p0.jpg
235 KB, 1082x910
>>141788235

>Haruka Tomato

Would this actually be her first time appearing in a convention outside of Japan/Asia?
>>
>implying it will ever die down
>when it's having a movie and then a third and consequent 4th season
>>
>>141783737
>this anime I don't like is popular and keeps getting attention REEEEEEEEE
Stay mad fag
>>
>>141783737
>Come meet and play
At least they know their audience are 5 years old.
>>
>>141789816
- Only otakus play console games. Normalfags play with their cellphones

- SAO got lucky, that's it. It became popular with normalfags and women despite both demographic avoid LNs like plague. If it wasn't for the otaku crap, it could pass as a regular 80s cartoon about kids lose on a fantasy land wanting to go home a la Dungeon and Dragons. Maybe that made it more accesible to the normalfags than lol high school.
>>
>an anime is actually profitable
>"they should stop this shit immediately"

it's as if you want the industry to die out or something. if you don't like SAO, don't look at it or buy anything.
>>
>>141791146

That's definitely not true
>>
>>141783737

I think you miss the function of extremely popular but sub-par shows. They introduce new viewers to anime. Some of those new viewers seek out other titles and develop taste. Some just shit up anime forums with childish behavior and emoticons.

Massively popular anime serve as a gateway drug that benefits better shows by building an audience. My first anime series was the original Dragonball, I then watched Dragonball Z on toonami and from there watched Evangelion, Bubblegum Crisis, Iria, a whole bunch of other stuff that whether bad or good was not popular. And it's because the mainstream stuff pulled me in.

Bleach was to kids of its time what DBZ was in my time and what SAO is now-- the initial gateway that gets people to the medium.

Also, I've seen hundreds of series. I am 30. I've been doing this a long time. And I think it's hard to argue that the first part of SAO is not actually as good or better than the average show produced. Yes, it's tanked since, but the first part of it is way better than most of the un-watchable stuff released every season.

It will only die down when it is replaced by a different show. That you will actually hate more, because you're even further away from it.
>>
File: 1462436535229.jpg (86 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1462436535229.jpg
86 KB, 500x500
>>141785637
oh fuck
i'm going to puke
>>
Reminder that SAO's part 1 of season 1 was pretty good and above average in terms of quality. Reminder that this show gets shit on by normalfags because its cool to while garbage shows get discussed to death every season with nobody calling out how shit they are.
>>
>>141785637
>two years
This is now the third year, it should be over already?
>>
>>141783737
How can one series be so bad?
>>
If they cut all the harem bull-crap out of it then it would be better. I like my harem shows but in the case of this show I don't understand why the author still try to play that troupe when the MC already got a girlfriend and plans to be faithful to her. Even the author prefers to want to have Kirito and Asuna relationship to be strengthen so why does he still does this?
>>
>>141783737
Nipnog's known for their shit taste anon, it is the norm
>>
very few series go outside japan and crossover into foreign fans who are non-weebs.
>>
>>141798866
In all seriousness?

Because when he wrote it he was literally a stupid teenager and liked his harem wish fulfillment bullshit.

Now that it's become popular he probably doesn't want to change it out of fear that people will stop liking it with that element removed. Basically he's committed to the bit now.
>>
>>141783737
That's what you get for going to cons, fampai.
>>
>>141784622
30 more years of SAO....I hope Reki Kawahara gets hit by a bus or something.
>>
>>141783737
>come and meet the english cast
>cast is full of weebs and tumblr

how about no
>>
Because Asuna is perfect rape and ntr bait while Kirito is both an incredibly fuckable and pure waifu. Literally catering to the two top demographics here brah.
>>
>>141783737
Pretty much anything that has Bamco involved will get milked to death...and the fans bend over and buy into that shit...spinoffs, sequels, sequels of sequels, sequels of spinoffs, video games, figures, re-releases of works, manga adaptions, advertising.

This is how big business in entertainment works. I fucking hate it, because 90% of the time it leads to creative bankruptcy, and obnoxious meme-spouting fan bases, but you will have to understand this is how the world works.

God damn, I made myself depressed writing all that crap.
>>
File: hawk6.jpg (338 KB, 2000x1400) Image search: [Google]
hawk6.jpg
338 KB, 2000x1400
>>141783737
> get a hawk name it Tomoko go to animecon look for group of sao fan have tomoko hawk attack group of sao fan and say it not my fault your missing a eye.
>>
>>141803038
>Because when he wrote it he was literally a stupid teenager and liked his harem wish fulfillment bullshit.
He was 28.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.