[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2 episodes in. I understand most of the main jokes/scenarios,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: osomatsu+-+22.jpg (27 KB, 400x244) Image search: [Google]
osomatsu+-+22.jpg
27 KB, 400x244
2 episodes in. I understand most of the main jokes/scenarios, and the animation/design is very nice to look at, but I haven't laughed once so far. I probably get a lot more of the references than the average /a/non (I was aware of Osomatsu-kun back in the early 00s after reading Frederik L. Schodt's book, and have read every translated retro manga I could find in the years since), but the most I feel while watching the show is slightly amused.

There's a lot of humor which would go straight over the heads of many westerners. For example, the toilet gag in episode 2. During the time period they come from, western style toilets were very rare in Japan, so the idea of indirectly touching asses with an old man would be a big deal to someone from back then.

As someone who doesn't speak Japanese, I imagine there are constant gags revolving around language, which would be lost on even 95% of the oldfags on this board.

Sorry for not watching it with you guys, I guess all of this has been discussed to death.
>>
There's a delay because you're using subs.
I'll never understand why people watch comedy anime when manga does the same without the delay
>>
>>141770851
Its for fapping not laughing
>>
Some parts of the show are just straight up unfunny, like Dayon
>>
>>141771616
Dayoon is parent fanservice in this horny teen midnight show.
>>
>>141771469
Good point. Subs kill comedic timing. Most comedy is murdered in translation anyway.

>>141771531
But anon, the sextuplets aren't lolis.
>>
>>141772237
Watch No Country for Old Men instead.
>>
>>141772939
Coen brother anime when?
>>
Unless I'm with a group of other people I never literally laugh at comedy, even if I enjoy it.

Do people really watch comedy shows alone and chuckle to themselves?
>>
>>141774117
Wait, so when you're with other people, why do you laugh? Are your performing laughter for their benefit?
>>
>>141774217
Other people laughing sets off my reaction and makes it funnier, and anticipating that other people are about to laugh makes it easier to naturally laugh too.
>>
The first 2 episodes are pretty lame desu
>>
D
>>
A
>>
O
>>
Y
>>
N
>>
>>141770851
I was only chuckling till episode 10, and then on rewatch the early eps made me laugh. You have to get used to the brothers first, I notice. Then they become like family.
>>
>>141770851
Because you're only on episode two, I'd rate that one in the bottom five of the series. Lots of comedy shows get significantly better as they go on, give it till at least five and if you didn't like it an inch it may not be for you. Second cour is miles better but it's harder to appreciate when you don't have the grasp on the characters that you would had you watched the first one.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.