[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME ?! DROPPED DROPPED DROPPED DROPPED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 22
File: BTFO.png (49 KB, 706x568) Image search: [Google]
BTFO.png
49 KB, 706x568
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME ?!

DROPPED

DROPPED DROPPED DROPPED

IT'S BAD ENOUGH GENERIC CUNT WINS

BUT GOING OUT OF YOUR WAY TO PUNISH BEST GIRL ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

FUCK THIS MANGA

FUCK KEIMA

FUCK WAKAKI

AND FUCK YOU CHIHIRO!

FUCK YOU!
>>
Chihiro was best girl tho
>>
>>141718814
At least you didn't promise to your shit if she won.
>>
>>141718814
You dropped on the last episode, OUTPLAYED SON!!!
>>
>>141718888
The only bad part of the ending was the timetravel arc leading up to it tbqh

The actual end itself was great, and I just couldn't feel jackshit for Tenri since it was entirely her fault that she clung to a stupid childhood crush when she knew it'd never work out.

Any pain she felt more than a month after the rejection was deserved for being such a desperate headcase.
>>
>The use of spoiler tags is highly recommended. To spoilerize text, enclose it like so: spoiled text. In addition, images may be spoilerized by checking the "[Spoiler Image?]" box on the submission form.
>Purposeful spoiling of a series may result in post deletion and temporary ban.
>>
This was a horrible ending. Felt really, really bad for Tenri. Truly shit finish to a promising manga. Should have just been an open harem ending if this is the shit Wakaki did.
>>
Tenri was the most boring character in the series.
>>
>>141718942
>>141718988
Heartless bastards
>>
>>141719014
If she was a dude you'd be calling her a pathetic lowtest beta orbiter niceguy, which is exactly what she was.
>>
>>141718984
This
>>
Tenri is too submissive. If she and him hooked up it would just result in her quietly hanging around while he played video games all the time and enabling him. If it was the very beginning of the series he might have setiously chosen her.

But it's not the ending. He's seen and grown since then, that's the entire point that the final is trying to make. He picks Chihiro because she challenges him unlike Tenri and wasn't just a game-like character to be conquered like the other girls.
>>
>>141718814
Tenri was second best girl. Poor Tenri but at least best girl won.
>>
>>141718814
who?
>>
Time to eat shit, anon.
>>
File: 4qKtotf.jpg (74 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
4qKtotf.jpg
74 KB, 1920x1080
>>141718814
>>
Sorry for your shit taste OP. Chihiro is definitely best girl.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7 KB, 293x172) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7 KB, 293x172
>>141718814
Damn right son. Why did 3DPD win?
>>
The tears will never stop.
>>
Eat your shit already anon. It's been 2 years since the manga ended
>>
>>141718814
OK OP, you can stop sperging now. Seriously.
>>
I don't understand why would Keima pick Chihiro.
No real reason whatsoever.
>>
>>141718814
But anon, there's only like four pages left.

This ending never stops giving lol
>>
>>141718814
It would've beem better if some healing scene showed Tenri moving on. Also there's nothing wrong with kind passive girls but yeah maybe he wasn't her better match.
>>
File: dokuro spells it out for you.png (168 KB, 829x1200) Image search: [Google]
dokuro spells it out for you.png
168 KB, 829x1200
>>141723105
>>
>>141723105
Nah i understand why would he pick her the problem was more because tenri is really relevant in the last arc and chihiru is totally irrelevant so when suddenly he goes for chihiro and just bitchslap tenri with the letter i was fucking mad.
>>
File: young chihiro.png (393 KB, 815x740) Image search: [Google]
young chihiro.png
393 KB, 815x740
>>141723751
Young Chihiro's appearance was given the weight of Lord Jesus Christ himself descending from the heavens
>>
KEIMA = GOD
Chiiiro = best ending
kami nomi zo shiru sekai is really the manga with the best end ever.
>>
>>141718942
>time travel arc was shit
This desu, kindergarden meme was not worthwhile.

I feel kind of bad for Tenri because she does follow Keimas instructions because she loves him even though she always knew he would never love her back. It seemed like Keima relied on that fact for his plan in the end and makes her seem used.
>>
>>141719048
It's almost like people have different standards between men and women or something.
>>
>>141724142
I do not.
>>
>>141718814

If you did not see this coming, you are retarded.

It's like not seeing Taiga win Toradora, the little sister winning in a show called "My little sister can't be this cute", it's on that level.

Tenri was a throwaway character who barely had any importance or relevance. She was as irrelevant as Doll girl the entire time, but hung around longer for no real reason.

Chihiro was important the whole time and always present. She is also core to the theme and message of the series. She is also easily the best girl who is completely in love with him before he even tries to manipulate her. It's revealed in the Goddess Arc that Tenri's love is not even equal to any of the other girls, it's just fake stuff built on idealism and distance.

How could Chihiro be a better girl, she's a miracle of the universe, her song for him is awesome, her genuine love for him is awesome, and even her first arc outclasses all of the other girls by a mile. Her goddess arc is also just amazing. She's the best.

Ayumi was sort of the only other contestant. Haqua was a huge waste. Other girls were all sideline.

Sorry you didn't see that worst girl is worst. But she doesn't even compare to any of the others. And Chihiro is miles above all of them.
>>
>>141724344
>the little sister winning in a show called "My little sister can't be this cute"
I knew that but... it's disgusting and neko deserved more to win.
>It's like not seeing Taiga win Toradora
I actually haven't saw that coming until like 20th ep
>>
>>141724424
>>
File: 1461798060838.jpg (3 MB, 3848x3984) Image search: [Google]
1461798060838.jpg
3 MB, 3848x3984
>>
>>141723453
She never does what he says that;s why he fell in love with her? Is that why he picked her over those other girls?
>>
I have no problems with Chihiro winning, but I still think the ending was too abrupt, didn't really give you closure.
>>
>>141724344
Yeah weather you're a Chihirofag or not. If you consider the whole point of this story it was pretty obvious that going for Chihiro would make the most sense for Keima. Tenrifags seem to forget what this story was about.
>>
>>141718814
>help Keima through pretty much everything
>hahaha yeah lol I'll reject you on a letter instead of being a man and talk with you myself
I'm a chihirofag but that's really fucking stupid.
>>
>>141724704
To put it another way, its because she doesn't behave the same way as the heroines do in his games.
>>
>>141724344
> Tenri was not important
> Chihiro was important and present the whole time
Chihiro was present as a background character. In the background she remained as stale and unmemorable as she always was. Compared to other girls she was just plain shit.
>inb4 she her appeal is that she is plain and she does her best.
Please grow up with a less shit taste.
>>
>>141724609
>it's been 2 years since TWGOK ended
Fuck, that flew by.
>>
File: Ok.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ok.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>141724994
>>
>>141725165
Indeed it did. I remember the shitstorm as if it was yesterday.
>>
I was just mad at how much was glossed over. What happens to the goddesses? What's the state of hell now? Where the fuck is Haqua?
>>
File: 1463153071746.jpg (123 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1463153071746.jpg
123 KB, 800x600
>>
>>141724994
If you go back to see her in other seasons (when she's a background character) her eyes are small and then over the course of the season she gets more screen time and her eyes start growing, meaning that she's "grown up as a character" or something along the lines of that
>>
File: 7.jpg (538 KB, 845x1200) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
538 KB, 845x1200
Did that anon ever eat his own shit?
>>
>>141726175
No
>>
>Salty tears
NECTAR OF THE GODS
>>
>>141725384
>>141725940

Are you honestly deluding yourselves into thinking that Chihiro was more developed than Tenri? Tenri's total screen time eclipsed Chihiro's and was given actual development. The author pulled that Chihiro out of his ass and their are faggots who will defend this. I would not be surprised if he did it to piss off his fanbase.

Also conveying change through eye size without other supplemental displays of change sounds like some of the shittiest writing I have ever read. Chihiro sure is such a well thought out character!
>>
File: 9.jpg (57 KB, 304x392) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
57 KB, 304x392
>>141726454
Let it go anon.
>>
File: 1462897852615.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1462897852615.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
>>141726454
Man you are MAD, over something as dumb as this. Just accept that best girl won and we can move on
>>
Why do authors do this shit though? What could you possibly gain from teasing one thing and then pulling something else out of your ass at the very last moment? I don't get it.
>>
>>141724994

You completely don't get the point.

The point of the story is that girls like Chihiro are never featured in eroge. They do not have twintails. They are not tsundere. They are not easily identifiable by being on the track team, in the library, an idol, an astrologer with a gimmick doll, etc-- they do not have exaggerated traits. So they always fall into the background and never get to tell their own stories.

It is not because they do not have amazing stories that are worth telling, it is because it's much easier and more dramatic to tell the stories of the other girls. They are fantasies. Chihiro's story is a connection to reality. Idealized love is captured by all the other girls, real love is captured by Chihiro. Chihiro would be the "background character", that which is outside of games, that which is real love.

Keima is actually afraid of the real world and dealing with things like real love, that is why he has trouble with beginning her conquest-- because it is not something in his escapist world of games. Since there is no one like her, he tries to make her into a protagonist, which is also just him avoiding dealing with her actual feelings.

She recognizes that she is a background character in his life even though she loves him. She is sad because he is ignoring her in favor of idealized girls and makes fun of him to mask that. This is the real dilemma of her arc and she says it herself, that all these other girls, whether in games or in real life, they are so exaggerated that she feels like she will never matter or compete and that he won't even give her the time of day because she does not have pink hair and is not a childhood friend. She feels like she can never live up to his expectations so there is no reason for her to try or do anything-- because what he thinks love is, it's totally impossible.

The goddess arc is a shift in theme for the series. (cont).
>>
>>141729346

The goddess arc is a shift in theme from the series and it is also a critique of one of the flaws of eroge. After Keima gets close to all of these girls he actually never follows up with them. They are real people and he basically abandons all of them (sans Chihiro who is still constantly talking to him because she was already in love). They felt they mattered to him so much, but after he conquered them, he just moved on to the next girl, like he moves on to the next game.

The initial premise of the series allows him to never really have to deal with people's feelings since they have no memories. It's plot convenience. Chihiro and the goddess arc are a turning point for that. In all of those seductions he has to actually deal with the real feelings of the girls. His final failure is that he keeps trying to stay on the script with Ayumi and Chihiro keeps breaking the script while he's doing that. The conclusion of the arc is a demand for him to be authentic and he has to come to terms that he actually did have real love and could have had it any time if he was not so busy pursuing idealized love.

Chihiro completes the message of the story which is to have authentic relationships with people, learn more about people who don't stand out, because they might be more interesting than you think, and that even people who do not stand out, can stand out. Also to avoid escaping love/reality and come to terms with it.
>>
File: yeah baby.jpg (251 KB, 1400x982) Image search: [Google]
yeah baby.jpg
251 KB, 1400x982
>>141729346
But the manga got full of shit since the goddess arc.
I'm seriously surprised that it went on for so long after that. I was sure that it was going to get canceled somewhere in the run.

I also was rooting for an harem ending
>>
>>141718814
I think you're a bit late. The only reason why this ending sucks ass is because it's rushed to hell and back.
>>
File: Applause.gif (2 MB, 489x275) Image search: [Google]
Applause.gif
2 MB, 489x275
>>141729346
>>141729652
Well said Anon.
>>
>>141718814
>muh favourite girl doesnt win
>fuck this mango
>dropped

wow dude, are you 10?
>>
>>141729813
Every arc was building suspense for a climax that never came.
Tamiki Wakaki should really learn the 1x1 of storytelling
>>
File: 1434326470391.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1434326470391.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>141730462
>>
File: 1326538366362.jpg (456 KB, 969x969) Image search: [Google]
1326538366362.jpg
456 KB, 969x969
>>141718814
>implying no ending does not mean that there will be no end of their mutual love
Please go somewhere else with your obvious bait.
>>
>>141730329
>Bill Murray is this is old
Please tell me this isn't real life
>>
Why do you like Chihiro?

I thought the whole point about her was that she was a boring, plain girl.
>>
>>141731579
Her whole point was that she wasn't like an archetype from a game, but rather a person keima could relate to. Every other girl was someone he could see as a game character, and someone he had wrapped around his finger. How could anyone see a romantic partner in a girl like that?
>>
Diana should have replaced Tenri permanently.
>>
File: 1381434016667.jpg (727 KB, 1149x1600) Image search: [Google]
1381434016667.jpg
727 KB, 1149x1600
Kanon's cannons were canon.
>>
File: 1452946576128.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1452946576128.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
I remember when TWGOK was about fun adventures of a demon and a god going around capturing girls hearts.
It went to shit when it actually got a plot and a harem.
>>
People may claim that Chihiro deserved it because of that incident on the roof, but Tenri was shit on 10x worse when you think about it
>>
>>141733211
It does not matter who deserves it, feeling are not rational.
>>
>>141719373
He chose Chihiro because "she is normal" she was as tsundere as Ayumi but she was special because she wasn't special.

Wakaki is a hack.
>>
File: chihiHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.jpg (47 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
chihiHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.jpg
47 KB, 1280x720
>>141733211
In my mind, that's how TWGOK actually ended

Keima formed a harem with the goddesses, and Chihiro got KEKED by Tenri

HAHAHA!
>>
>>141729346
>>141729652
Yeah, and that's why KamiNomi sucks ass after that overrated mess of goddess arc.
Turns a fun manga about video games clichés into yet another shitty romcom.
And let's not talk about the Hell "plot".
>>
>>141733285
It does, actually, when you're trying to tell a story. There's nothing even remotely realistic about TWGOK. Especially when you consider the tone of the series up to this point, having such a downer ending is baffling. I hate to say it, but an ending where he picks no one would have been better
>>
>>141733676
No, if it was a random hobo he has seen seconds ago it would still be realistic, because feelings are not rational.
But there was even a good reason why he would fall in love with her, so stop crying, only ratarded shipperfags would be this mad.
>>
still glad
>>
>>141726454
>Tenri's total screen time eclipsed Chihiro's and was given actual development.
What development? Tenri never really changed. Even Diana got more development than Tenri ever potentially could.
>>
>>141733211
Love is not about "deserving" something. Keima fell in love with Chihiro because she was an actual person who could confront him on his bullshit and whom he couldn't just manipulate like he would a game character. She was his equal in the sense that she wasn't just another target for conquering, but rather another player who acted upon her own feelings and beliefs regardless of what Keima wants her to do.

Love is about compatibility first and foremost. Tenri was obviously never compatible with Keima and being around Keima wouldn't cause him or her to grow as people. It'd be a stagnant relationship.
>>
>>141734707
this
>>
>>141734707
Why do you need to grow as a person?
He could just finish his task and return to his games, not everything has to have a lesson.
>>
>>141735389
>Why do you need to grow as a person?
Because that's what the story is about. Even the original conquest mini-arcs weren't so much about love as they were about Keima using love as a medium to help the girls overcome their flaws and hang-ups and grow up as people.

"Growing as a person through love" is something that has been one of the central themes of the series from the very start.
>>
>>141729652
>it is also a critique of one of the flaws of eroge
Wasn't it mentioned that Keima only reads galge without ero?
>>
>>141735668
That's shit. It's character development for the sake of character development, Keima's character was complete since the beginning.
Why do we need the same shitty lesson?
>>
I'd like to point out, to follow the adage of "First girl always wins".

The first girl to appear in the anime is actually Chihiro.
>>
i like chihiro but it was basically written for a harem ending. it was set up for it but tamaki basically wrote the last few chapters to say "changed my mind fuck you"

the revison the last chapter got basically proved that (the fuck you part, anyway)
>>
>>141737369
>the revison the last chapter got basically proved that (the fuck you part, anyway)
Depends. The revision chapter was originally mistranslated in a way that made it a lot more negative than it really was.
>>
If I remember correctly, she had that letter the entire time, right?

So for 10 years she had the time to do something about it. It's her own fault.
>>
>>141725470
Don't worry, Nise is ending soon.
>>
File: 1332001858292.jpg (350 KB, 600x890) Image search: [Google]
1332001858292.jpg
350 KB, 600x890
Best girl coming through! Yes, I'm the only fan, like that Nanakafag. Fuck, I miss the old threads.
>>
>>141724704

It's because she's someone who isn't someone he can wrap around his finger like a strand of string that he fell in love with her.

I mean, you'd get real sick of women if they acted exactly as you expected them to instead of being someone worthy of respect.
>>
>>141735945

> It's character development for the sake of character development

That is usually what stories are told about, yes. If the principal character/s of a story do not change or develop, it's not much of a story, it's just a recounting of events.

> Keima's character was complete since the beginning.

Not even close.
>>
>>141718814
This is why the harem genre should end in harem.
>>
File: The-World-God-Only-Knows-01-002.jpg (138 KB, 334x459) Image search: [Google]
The-World-God-Only-Knows-01-002.jpg
138 KB, 334x459
So I dropped the manga during that past timeskip section and don't care about completing it anymore. What happened to best demon in the end?
>>
>>141740052
From what I remember, when they came back from the past time was re-written so that Elsie became Keima's actual sister.
>>
>>141740166
>became his actual blood related sibling somehow
I'm not even going to question it at this point. Thanks anon.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.