[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zankyou No Terror
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 14
File: terrorinresonance.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
terrorinresonance.png
2 MB, 1366x768
fuck i love this anime
>>
YER KIDDING
>>
>>141715335
there are never threads about it on /a/ ;_;
>>
File: OH MY GOD JC.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
OH MY GOD JC.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
>>141715441
Probably because we all laughed at it when it aired and immediately forgot about it when it finished. You're a rare breed, my friend.
>>
>>141715323
One of the rare anime which is just a straight downward slope in quality after the first episode.
Was this last summer, or the one before? I can't even recall.
>>
>>141715441
That's because you're a newfag and it was shit.
>>
>>141715323
It's pretty.

Pretty fucking stupid
>>
It started off well but it kept getting shittier, when 5 opened her mouth it became a comedy show.
>>
File: -CiLKbX4wrA.jpg (21 KB, 422x422) Image search: [Google]
-CiLKbX4wrA.jpg
21 KB, 422x422
>>141715323
It's really overrated shit
>>
>>141715470
>>141715502
>>141715570
>>141715732
>>141715796
>>141715956
fuck all of you
>>
>>141716222
>>
>>141715502
>>141715796
why do you think the quality of the anime kept getting worse?

what aspects of the anime do you think went downwards as the episodes progressed?

i'm seriously wondering because i couldn't find any major flaws which is probably due to the fact that (as >>141715570 was so kind to state) i'm a newfag who has only watched about 10 animes or so.

please do help me see znt in a different light
>>
>>141715323
this scene would have been GOAT if not for that fucking engrish
>>
>>141716313
>what aspects of the anime do you think went downwards as the episodes progressed?

The writing obviously
>>
>>141716493
>>141716519
i mean the dub is pretty good
>>
>>141715323
Would have been ok if not for the absolutely garbage YER KIDDING subplot.
>>
File: shimura znt.jpg (169 KB, 754x1066) Image search: [Google]
shimura znt.jpg
169 KB, 754x1066
Lisa should have been the main character.
>>
>>141716313
It had interesting premise, but halfway the series started pretending to be some sort of Death Note coupled with retarded events that seem to exist there to only highlight how "smart" the characters are, despite the series sliding into Geass level of unrealism. This might have not been a problem if the first episodes had not promised subtle character driven drama. For example the female character that was sold as the token self-insert role got somehow forgotten in the middle of the series, and in the end I don't think the series had changed that much if she was even removed from the script.

One of the things that bugged me with writing was how it was obviously clear from the beginning that the terrorist were to be portrayed as suffering heroes. This didn't really fit with the theme of terrorism, and if you start thinking about the motivations the plot falls pretty much apart. The goal was to get attention for the horrors the experienced in the past, but they were not even terrorizing the people responsible for their history but random civilians instead. Was bombing really the easiest way of getting attention? Why wouldn't an average non-retarded person think about for example leaking the story to media instead of collapsing buildings? Why the series portrays them as the sympathetic bunch when the final EMP most likely caused huge damage to the city and economy, while killing people who had nothing to do with any of the past crimes? Why they were portrayed as the heroes, even if their action caused most likely worse outcome than anything they themselves had faced? I wanted a series about terrorism and moral ambiguity, not your average "they were the good guys because muh childhood" that somehow overwrote all the other aspects of the show.

But in the end, it's not really the worst series out there and /a/ shits on it a bit too much, most likely caused by initial hype. It's pretty and the ost is great.
>>
>>141715956
>overrated
Who the fuck rates this better than garbage?

>>141716664
>dub
Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>141716313
>please do help me see znt in a different light

Pretentious Themes

Speaking of themes, the show keeps trying to fool you it is about terrorism, because it’s right there in the title, and the two main characters’ nicknames are an allusion to 9/11; and that is supposed to be all it takes to say there is terrorism in the show. Let’s disregard how there was no political statement behind the bombings until the final episode. If they had a statement to make, they could have revealed it right away; something which of course they didn’t because that way the show would end in 2 episodes. So instead of that, they hide it until the finale, and made it seem like it was all nonsense. The very fact that these so-called terrorists made sure nobody would be killed in the explosions and only target buildings, makes them hooligans. What they are doing are acts of vandalism. Since the only demands they had up until then, was expecting from the police to solve riddles, the whole thing felt like children fooling around with peoples’ lives. Here is a game, follow the rules, have fun as the adults chase you around.

And even if we assume terrorism doesn’t need a political statement to exist and that simply scaring people is enough, not even that happens, because nobody is scared of the bombings.
- The police are not worried about them; they are more like annoyed that some punks are making them look bad. Even when the whole police department blows up and all their secret files are hacked, they are still simply angry, not scared.
>>
>>141717002
- The population is not terrified; everybody is out in the streets having fun. When looking at the bombing videos and the riddles of the terrorists, they are laughing and treat them as entertainment. Even in the final episode where they know the whole city might blow up and they will all die, they look surprised, not scared.
- Not even in the epilogue, when the city recovers from a devastating disaster, and one of the most hideous experiments in recent history becomes public, which completely ruins their image to the world, they are just looking at the screen puzzled, not worried.

4) Cartoony setting

As if the character reactions weren’t enough, not even the setting manages to absorb you, despite the pretty amazing animation. Yeah, it looks like the real world, but only on a very superficial way. As soon as science gets in the way, nothing makes sense.
- Thermite doesn’t work as they explain it
- Secret agencies don’t stop explosions by blowing up civilian areas
- Americans don’t speak in terrible engrish
- People don’t stare at nuclear explosions without getting blinded
- EMP pulses are enough to kill anyone who has a pacer in his heart or is in life support in hospitals, thus contradicting the attempt to not kill anyone
- Even if nobody gets killed in the bombings, thousands of lives are ruined because they lost their jobs and stores, but of course the show doesn’t address that

Also, besides one smart cop, everybody else in this show is unable to do basic research. We live the age of information where you can google something and find any answer to any riddle in seconds. Better yet, you can have tens of millions of people world-wide looking into it. One of them can solve it for you. The riddles are also not super smart; they are based on existing myths. Everybody can solve them by a simple visit at Wikipedia. And yet nobody in the whole world, besides one cop, is able to do such a simple thing.
>>
>>141717034
>Secret agencies don’t stop explosions by blowing up civilian areas
That's what they want you to think.
>>
>>141717034
And holy crap, how can anyone take a show seriously, if it makes the police to act like complete idiots? And I don’t simply mean being unable to solve the riddles with a simple visit at Wikipedia. They can’t even make the most basic profiling with the evidence they have so far.
- If you have videos of the criminals, with their voices and a clear room in the background it is more than enough to make a hell of a detailed profile of them. You don’t sit on your ass waiting for the next video riddle to appear.
- They are not even increasing patrols or security measures, something which is the first thing any sane department would do, even if the threat were a bunch of pick pocket urchins.
- They are looking for hard copies of a case the terrorists hacked into digitally. They could have simply found it on their computer instead of looking for hours in the archives.
- In the very few cases where they do try to do something right by having briefing meetings to find the terrorist base, even that is used to make them look stupid since the (not really) terrorists make them fall for traps they deliberately placed for them to fall in.
I understand that this is done purely for making the main characters seem super smart when in reality they are just average people amongst retards, but damn, this is insulting your intelligence when they keep saying the show is realistic and mature.
>>
>>141717084
5) Stupid Eureka Moments

Even the single cop who has brains is unable to do the obvious. Despite knowing early on that all he needs to do is look into a myth to find the answer to a riddle, he doesn’t do so until out of nowhere he looks at a guy playing a videogame and saying completely irrelevant things. He then magically finds the solution. This is not how actual detectives do their work; they do not look at something irrelevant and all of a sudden light bulbs appear on their heads. They use facts and information they have in front of them in order to logically solve a mystery with simple deduction procedures.

6) Lazy Exposition

The way things are revealed in this show are not limited to lame eureka moments but also to lazy exposition methods. They constantly do that annoying thing, where they have to state the obvious or point at things and ask “What is that?” for more infodump to take place by talking instead of just showing stuff. They do the same thing with the background stories of all major characters. We never get a clear flashback to what happened in their lives, only glimpses of past events, and even those appear at random intervals. We only get someone monologuing about them for 10 minutes and that’s it. Although this method serves its purpose, it is very slapped on. It lacks talent and effort and passes as very amateurish for a story that is supposed to be a mystery that is slowly revealing itself. It feels like it’s not about connecting the dots and examining clues, but more like revealing stuff the characters know all along and don’t tell us about it because we have a dozen episodes that need to be filled somehow. Instead of stating the obvious, let’s waste entire episodes in briefings, where we talk about scientifically incorrect mambo jumbo that mean nothing in the longrun.
>>
File: VON.png (613 KB, 804x653) Image search: [Google]
VON.png
613 KB, 804x653
The show was okay, but it wasn't close to being amazing.

/a/'s just pissy about it because the PV, the sound direction, the general premise and the first episode were all painting the show to end up being amazing.
But it wasn't amazing so it was a massive let-down. It also had some really weird plot flaws/quirks that didn't really make much sense.

Basically, everyone on /a/ walked into it hype as fuck and expecting something great only to be left massively let-down and confused at the end.
Hence, it's shit.

But if you walked into it with no expectations and no hype it was probably pretty okay/decent
>>
File: 1463619590677.png (870 KB, 854x961) Image search: [Google]
1463619590677.png
870 KB, 854x961
thanks to everyone for their input

honestly this thread was just a way to let out some of the emptiness i feel after finishing an anime i really enjoy
>>
>>141716765
Said no one, ever. Lisa should have been their hostage/slave, broken and forced to watch them unleash horrifying atrocities in the name of vengeance while being as powerless to stop them as the police would be. Instead she became a cow-whore who can't even make ramen without blowing up their apartment and a consistent liability that Nine, for some dumb reason or another, refused to terminate even after she warped Twelve's mind off the plan.

tl;dr Lisa was cancer.
>>
>>141715323
This thing was taking itself way too seriously considering how dumb it actually was.
>>
>>141717371
>/a/'s just pissy about it because the PV, the sound direction, the general premise and the first episode were all painting the show to end up being amazing
There's that and there's the fact that the writing was painfully bad.
>>
I remember all speculah right after the first episode aired. And then we got this disappointment
>>
>>141718243
I think Lisa's character could have been used more to examine what kind of people turn to radicalism and how it affects them. Compared to how the show turned out, a more Lisa-focused story would probably have been more interesting and relevant to real-life terrorism. Plus she was cute. Don't call her a cow-whore, please.
>>
started out good, then it appeared they are friendly terrorists with no interest in killing.

Instantly downgraded to kid friendly morning cartoon
>>
>>141715323
more like Thank You, No Terror
>>
cant' rewatch because it gives me a sad.

Puff hair ruined the show though.

>>141716841

You're pretty right. The terrorism motivations didn't align with what the outcome of bombing a mall would be. For guys so damn smart, why did they accomplish nothing? At least go revenge mode and take out those responsible. Random bombings, like why? Just makes you seem like the bad guy. Doesn't make people sympathetic to you.

10/10 OST.
>>
I only remember it for some of the visuals and the 11/10 soundtrack.
>>
File: 1462925540074.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1462925540074.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>>141719983
>mfw those glorious icelandic vocals
>>
>>141718902
are you fucking retarded lol
>>
>>141722315
Not that anon, but
>lol
Also majority of the hype was caused because terrorism was an interesting theme. Removing this from the show marked the downfall of the script to a childish cool hero complex that didn't offer anything new or anything of interest.
>>
>>141719878
the point of all the seemingly random bombings was to get shibazaki to figure out the whole athena ordeal. the people who owned the places that were bombed all took place in the athena project seminar and they expected shibazaki to realize there was a connection and that the bombings weren't just random.

not to mention by bombing random places without casualties they generated HUGE amounts of attention all over japan. thus, when the athena project was finally revealed and people saw that sphinx 1 and sphinx 2 were in fact number 9 and number 12 of the 26 children who were abducted for testing; the conspiracy, everyone involved in it and the two children who managed to escape the institution 7 years ago would be recognized all around the nation as opposed to no one believing or caring about it.

it's as if you niggers didn't even watch the show or payed minimal attention to the plot.
>>
>>141722777
Yes, that's exactly what the show is telling. But it'll all fall apart if you start thinking about it.
>Best way to gain attention and sympathy for the horrors of past is to bomb things
First of all, there's no reason to go trough the trouble of making this riddles to get people realize things on their own. Naturally anyone with a brain would realize just telling the shit instead of some bombing game would be as, maybe even more efficient.
>B-but they wouldn't believe them otherwise
Why exactly? Why it makes you any more believable that you have been terrorizing Tokyo? If I was to judge, I would rather believe a tragic figure telling a story of abuse, rather than a person that acts selfishly and causes more damage than he has ever himself suffered. In other words, their means and ends do not ever match, ever. What they are doing is shooting themselves into leg. Sure, EMPing Japan is a huge event and gains much attention, but considering it will cause the death of many and probably restoration will hinder the entire economy, for what reason exactly you have to use this radical method? Because "muh childhood"? What kind of "smart person" that the series wants us to buy actually dares to play victim when he has caused much greater damage with his selfish acts and still believe he is the tragic hero? And the series does exactly this: after all this it really, really wants us to see their actions being justifiable and throwing even a clear martyr death in the finale. What the terrorist do doesn't match with how they want to be treated, and throughout the series they are doing things that could be achieved more sensibly and with less trouble/consequences.

It still amazes when people defend this plot, while it tries to portray super smart geniuses doing absolutely retarded and illogical choices. Sure, their actions are "explained" in the series as you yourself demonstrated, but it takes a special kind of blind person to not realize the flaws of presentation.
>>
>>141716313

>blew up tall building with almost no notice, 0 casualties
>suspension of disbelief shattered within 10 minutes of 1st ep
>pretentious theme
>retarded police, even dumber terrorists
>yer kidding
>foreign agents messing around crashing planes at airports, aight
>plot went nowhere

I'd be fine if this was cartoony/lighthearted or whatever, but they actually tried to make this show come across as realistic and deep with the art style, themes, dialogue, etc., and then you see the shit that's actually on the screen and it's horrendous.
>>
File: fa as fuck.jpg (16 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
fa as fuck.jpg
16 KB, 670x377
I watched this when it aired and it sucked desu but I fucking loved this dude's glasses so I ordered some just like them and I occasionally get compliments on how good I look with them.

just thought you all should know!
>>
>>141724076
That's cute, anon.
>>
>>141718567
She was boring and useless. A character that never should've exsited.
>>
I remember this for being excellent in every regard except for the writing. One of the most disappointing shows ever made and a real shame that something could end up like that.
>>
Honestly the white haired bitch ruined it, so much lost potential.
>>
File: E6AW07F.gif (370 KB, 500x290) Image search: [Google]
E6AW07F.gif
370 KB, 500x290
The show took itself too seriously, and failed to deliver. As a result, came off silly and pretentious.

Maybe if the 2 'smart' protags weren't the edgy terrorist, but instead where the heroes who solved the riddles first and defeats the terrorists, it would have been a better show.
>>
File: 1462443166419.jpg (39 KB, 452x495) Image search: [Google]
1462443166419.jpg
39 KB, 452x495
I knew this show was garbage when one of the MC's ditched his best friend and partner for who he has known since they were little kids for some autistic random girl.
>>
>>141724076
Yeah /a/non, the glasses will probably look good with your fedora and XL anime t-shirt
>>
File: spaceuhdandywa.jpg (162 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
spaceuhdandywa.jpg
162 KB, 1920x1080
I'm glad Watanabe gave us Space Dandy so it could overshadow this trainwreck.
>>
Loved that last episode where americans showed up in chopper and blasted one of the fags
>>
>>141727080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1IVT3a3AAc
>>
File: isis48.png (349 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
isis48.png
349 KB, 600x300
>>141717034
>When looking at the bombing videos and the riddles of the terrorists, they are laughing and treat them as entertainment.
>>
>>141726461
This. Space dandy is unironically his magnum opus
>>
>>141715323
I guess that I am in the minority but I did actually enjoy the show. It was a bit tryhard-ah-so-deep vibe to it but it was quite enjoyable and had one of my favourite OSTs.
>>
>>141729118
I was (still am, actually) really invested in this show and do really love it for what it is and what it's trying to tell us, despite its obvious flaws.
After reading a lot of both positive and negative reviews, I guess most people weren't interested enough to read about what the story is based on (unit 731, mythology, ANPO etc.). ZnT is more than what it seems to be, but that's just what I think.
>>
>>141729513
Even good messages are kind of lost if you roll them in shit for too long.
>>
>>141729687
They should've made it a movie, just like they intended to.
Also, I want to see Major Kusanagi and Nine in a brain battle.
>>
I remember this piece of shit. It was hilariously bad.
>>
>>141729118
>>141729513
yeah i loved it too despite the majority of negative opinions
>>
>>141730311
Since when did Nine actually do anything smart during the series?
>>
>>141715323
so much potential, all wasted. this could have been an iconic anime.
>>
>>141730650
why wasted

what do you find so wrong with it
>>
>>141730699
the message and themes are completely confused by 5, she has no purpose, she acts irrationally, and people react irrationally to her. Her role should have either been heavily diminished or completely removed with more focus on lisa and the detectives storylines.
>>
>>141730699
Have you really read the thread and all the answers to this question? Did you see those walls of text telling you already mostly same things with different words?
>>
>>141716313
> i'm a newfag who has only watched about 10 animes or so.
Then fuck off. /a/ is not for you. Don't post until you've seen at least 200 and lurked for a year or two.
>>
>>141730887
lol...
>>
I typically hate youtube reviewers but this guy nails the potential this series had. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCV79z1_-J0
>>
File: 1459197958264.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1459197958264.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
>>141731003
>lol
>...
Sorry for being autistic but I cannot even distinguish between a troll and a newfriend.
>>
>>141715323
The ending really sealed the deal of it being retarded.

"We never killed anybody! We're non-violent terrorists! Just ignore the thousands of people injured or killed because we shut down or severely damaged all the hospitals and emergency services in the country!"
>>
>>141730569
It often seemed as if Nine wasn't very important, but he was the mastermind behind their plans.
>>
>>141732256
And the plans were retarded as hell from the get-go, as spoken in length multiple times even during this thread.
>>
It was pretty bad, but good for a few laughs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1IVT3a3AAc
>>
>>141725396
But then it would be Hamatora.

Fuck off.
>>
>>141732456
You fuck off. Hamatora was better than this.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.