[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Re:Zero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61
The show is getting better but it really needs to address some things.

>Who is Subaru?
I don’t recall the show telling me anything other than he’s a gamer from the real world. That’s literally it. I could replace him with some homeless guy and the story would be the same.
If you don't want him to be a blank self-insert, you have to tell me who he is. Say he lost his family in an earthquake and that’s why he cares so much about the people he interacts with in this world. Otherwise he's just another character who heroines love because he's "kind".

>How Is This Satire?
Some people have been saying that the author hates LNs and that Re:Zero is supposed to be his deconstruction. But it's not really that good at it.
First, few of these tropes are exclusive to LNs. “Trapped in a fantasy world” and “time loops” can be found from Chronicles of Narnia to Tom Cruise's newest scifi film.
Second, being edgy with your tropes for the sake of shock value is older than Evangelion, and mainstream is becoming edgier anyway.
Third, meta-humor is a big problem with WNs but gets played straight. Most conversations revolve around pointing out how genre-aware the protagonist is about everything, or else it just turns into tsukkomi style pointing everything out.

>Why Would Anyone Want To Save These Maids?
Subaru has only known them for nine days, which is barely enough to form an attachment that can survive attempted murder.
The maids have only been horrible to him, and murder is not a reasonable response to a suspicion regarding a vague threat that has yet to be clarified. Killing someone for smelling funny is considered a hate crime in most countries.
Subaru, even with the time loops, has only known for about nine days. There comes a point when you push a man’s goodwill too far and you start to think he’s just mad for continuing to hold on. If the writer killed Emilia instead at least I would have bought Subaru caring for her considering his interactions with her were romantic.
>>
>>141690331
But Subaru has crippling depression so his actions are justified.
>>
Reminder that we get 3 weeks no ep because of fucking tennis
>>
>>141690331
>I could replace him with some homeless guy and the story would be the same.
No it wouldn't.
You are ignoring large quantities of characterization because it smells of "nice"ness to you.

>>141690331
>>How Is This Satire?
>deconstruction.
Satire and deconstruction are not the same thing. The fact that it subverts tropes and pokes fun at them makes it a satire. The fact that most anime in this genre do it means that this characteristic is nothing special to be pointed out.

>Subaru has only known them for nine days, which is barely enough to form an attachment that can survive attempted murder.
If you say so.

> Killing someone for smelling funny is considered a hate crime in most countries.
But that wasn't the point.
>>
File: 3752377.jpg (36 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
3752377.jpg
36 KB, 720x400
Why are the drills so bouncy? Hair doesn't work like that.
>>
>>141690331
He has daddy issues OP so anything he does gets a free pass
>>
File: meme image #33293123.jpg (78 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
meme image #33293123.jpg
78 KB, 720x479
>>141690582
>>
>>141690569
>characterization because it smells of "nice"ness to you
Niceness and boke is no longer acceptable characterization when every MC is a nice boke.
>>
Why did Emilia tell Subaru her name was Satella the first time around?
>>
>>141691026
Because that was probably Satella
>>
>>141690331
All of this has been explained by several other anons countless times, so I'm just gonna call b8.
>>
>>141690331
>Subaru has only known them for nine days, which is barely enough to form an attachment that can survive attempted murder.
The maids have only been horrible to him, and murder is not a reasonable response to a suspicion regarding a vague threat that has yet to be clarified. Killing someone for smelling funny is considered a hate crime in most countries.
Subaru, even with the time loops, has only known for about nine days. There comes a point when you push a man’s goodwill too far and you start to think he’s just mad for continuing to hold on. If the writer killed Emilia instead at least I would have bought Subaru caring for her considering his interactions with her were romantic.

From what I see you're calling Subaru an idiot and calling this bad writing while also being unable to do a simple math problem that an 8 year old can do.

4 loops for 4 days. Considering that the 4th loop was almost 5 full days, he's been at the mansion for nearly 17 days. I won't tell you anything else since it's no use to reason with idiots.
>>
>>141690331
I hope this doesn't become another copypasta.
>I don’t recall the show telling me anything other than he’s a gamer from the real world.
From what I hear, you learn more later. My guess is that his job is basically to look and act like any other Otaku NEET comedic protagonist, at least in the beginning. From his actions, we can discern that he's a desperate and clingy loser with no real self-esteem.

He grows attached to some random girl who he just met after she was nice to him for a day or so, to the point where he's willing to sacrifice himself for her. This might be typical for any anime protagonist, but the situation with the maids just adds additional context. That level of sacrifice for strangers, some who only pretended to be nice, isn't exactly the best sign of a healthy mind.

I wouldn't be surprised if Subaru was already a bit suicidal at the start, but too scared to actually go through with that sort of thing. It's a deconstruction in part because we can see that this happy-go-lucky, self-sacrificing, and forgiving protagonist is actually just a total mess underneath his smile. He isn't someone who -anyone- should ever want to be like.

As for why the heroine likes him, I get the feeling that it's less because Subaru is kind and more because Emilia is also a lonely naive idiot herself. It's more because she's too nice than because he is.
>>
File: 1411933634252.jpg (47 KB, 884x745) Image search: [Google]
1411933634252.jpg
47 KB, 884x745
are the break times worth watching?
>>
>>141691541
It's not like they're long or anything.
>>
>>141691581
watching them would still take time which I could use to shitpost
>>
>>141690331
We'll probably find out more about who Subaru is after we find out why Satella is so obsessively in love with him.
>>
>>141691681
Satella is Subaru and Emilia's child.
Plus it's the track suit.
>>
File: 1435244420814.jpg (37 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1435244420814.jpg
37 KB, 500x366
>>141690331

is Re:Zero reall good or just another shitposting target?

Why are making Re:Zero threads every FIVE hours?
>>
>>141691807
It's alright, but there's a lot more shitposting here than we ever really needed. Also, spoilers got released way too early, which makes it harder for me to judge the story from where it's currently at in the anime.
>>
>>141691807
Depends what you consider real good.
It's entertaining if you attention span isn't 5 minutes.
>>
>>141691026
I wonder more why she said it to a random guy when it's apparently such a taboo name.
>>
>>141691790
I wouldn't be surprised if the track suit gets ruined in the last arc as one last FUCK YOU to the poor kid.
Or as the last bit of his care for Earth is removed.
>>
>>141692049
Either she was just testing his ignorance, trying to scare him off, or she was actually being Satella in that timeline.
>>
>>141692105
Then someone just has to learn how to make a new one, so that tracksuits can always be associated as the garb of the Witch King and his foul armies.
>>
>>141691807
It's funny that this show is mocked for having no subtlety yet people fail to grasp the nuances of Subaru's character.
>>
>>141691646
Watch breaktimes in a small window while shitposting.
>>
>>141692251
Honestly I'm starting to doubt the witch king ending now that I'm caught up with shit, as it seems Subaru's going down the sage path by the looks of things.
Plus tack that on that he's actively gunning for the Gluttony fucks so he can get his second Waifu back, it seems more likely that he'll end up the Sage.
And due to how the setting works they'd need all three of the Sage, Dragon, and Sword Saint to free our horrible hitler witch, with AT BEST two agents of the three, Satella ain't getting out anytime soon.
Unless Reinhardt is actually the Pride apostle/bishop, I suppose.
>>
>>141692479
>Unless Reinhardt is the pride apostle
WAIT A FUCKING SECOND
>>
So how long is the show supposed to be? 24 episodes?
>>
File: animes.jpg (27 KB, 358x340) Image search: [Google]
animes.jpg
27 KB, 358x340
>>141691807

It has a mix of some likeable characters, but some shitty writing mixed in. Then you have three camps with this series....

1. The animeonlyfags that haven't (and probably won't ever) bother with the LN/WN/whatever. They judge the series solely on what they've watched and not what's going to happen according to what someone else tells them.

2. LN/WN/whateverfags that are way ahead of everyone else. Like to argue with animeonlyfags about events that haven't even occurred in the anime yet. Will defend their series to the death, regardless of how contrived the writing becomes.

3. People that read actual literature and are triggered hard by the writing. This group is often comprised of crossboarders and are new to anime, so they have no investment or attachment in the series or the characters. Often give the most objective-based criticisms.
>>
>>141692479
fuck are you talking about.
>>
>>141692479
I don't think "Witch King" is meant to be taken so literally as a specific "path". He just needs to be the husbando of the "Witch Queen" to earn that title, and maybe have the powers to back that up. If that technically makes him a "Sage" then so be it.
>>
>>141690331
We don't know much about Subaru, but they pointed out that he doesn't go outside much. It's safe to assume that he doesn't have that many friends.
>killing someone for smelling funny is considered a hate crime in most countries
It wasn't just that
The smell made them suspicious
It means he has some tie to the witch
Reading one of the threads I saw a spoiler that said something like Rem and Ram work as maids for the Clown because something happened involving the witch in their past that left them homeless. I don't know if that is true, but it gives Rem a good reason to go to try and question Barusu on her own. Her plan in the forest, which was shown better in the manga, was to injure him then heal him continuously to interrogate him. She wanted to know if he actually had serious connections to the witch that had caused her and her sister so much grief. Another spoiler I saw was Subaru is caught by the witch's cult at some point and is brutally tortured for a while. Rem and Ram might have either been tortured or witnessed someone getting tortured before they worked for Mr. Clown. Which made Ram empathetic. That's why at the start of ep 7 Ram killed Subaru. She didn't want to see someone suffer like that. Rem didn't care. That's why she said her sister was "too kind"
Subaru latches on to people easily since he doesn't have a lot of people in his life, and he sees that the Maids didn't wanted to kill him out of pure malice, except for when Ram thought that he killed Rem. They taught him useful skills, which as a NEET he probably didn't have many of. He probably also realized that the curse was meant for him, but his cowardice of hiding in the library caused Rem to die.
Not only did he want to save his friend, but he also felt her death was on his hands.
>>
>>141692862

>It wasn't just that
>The smell made them suspicious
>It means he has some tie to the witch

He's aware of that you dingus. What he was implying is how absurd it is from a writing point of view, especially since they've explained very little about this "Witch of Envy" so far in the show.
>>
File: reinhard.png (40 KB, 618x618) Image search: [Google]
reinhard.png
40 KB, 618x618
The smell of the great bait of envy reeks in this thread
>>
File: download.jpg (12 KB, 266x189) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12 KB, 266x189
Is the correct name the Witch of Envy or the Witch of Jealousy? Envy and jealousy are not the same thing.
>>
>>141690561
You can't be serious.
>>
>>141693167
It's the Seven Sins, so I'd say it's Envy.
>>141692996
Sometimes things happen before we understand why.
>>
>>141690331
>The show is getting better but it really needs to address some things.
It will, be patient you literal autist.
>>
>>141692784

#2 is basically every shitty LN adaptation, and it's exponentially worse when the series becomes popular like this one.
>>
>>141691397
>The maids have only been horrible to him
What? Except for the murder thing they're usually pretty good to him.
>>
>>141693688

It's bait and this is the bait thread. If you're posting in it you are bad and should feel bad.

I feel bad
>>
>>141693688
They were playing him like a damn fiddle, Rem makes it clear they never trusted him.
>>
>>141692996
>Why don't we know everything about the story and motives of the characters from the beginning?
>>
File: 1436123991573.png (530 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1436123991573.png
530 KB, 1440x810
>>141693167
>Same retarded question posted on animesuki with the exact same words

GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE YOU FUCKING SHITTER AND NEVER COME BACK.

ALSO IS FUCKING WITH OF ENVY YOU RETARD.
>>
File: 1421274187278.jpg (23 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1421274187278.jpg
23 KB, 800x600
>>141690331
At least you were courteous enough to be this salty in your own thread.
>>
>>141694017
They never trusted him, but they still had genuine moments with him and at the very least enjoyed his company. They even held his hand while he was having nightmares. That goes beyond pretending.
>>
>>141692784
> Shitty writing
We always hear this but the shitposters don't know how to elaborate. The LN readers have to spell everything out until there is a stalemate. And you know what? The shitposters end up sounding stupid 70% of the time because of their broken sentences.
>>
>>141694220
Contrived is the new forced. Everything is contrived.
>>
>>141690331
I want to see drill loli cry over subaru's corpse.
>>
>>141690331
What the fuck is your agenda dude? Are you purposefully trying to piss off WNfags?
>>
>>141694271
>deliberately created rather than arising naturally or spontaneously.
I'm sorry, you make it sound as if there is something coming out of nothing. The summoned to another world is one thing. The respawn is the second. The scent is the third. And guess what? It was all done by the same person with reasons unknown but we haven't learned yet. At least this series has reasons. Some of them get answered. And you don't seem to understand how "contrived" really is.
>>
>>141692784
See
https://boards.fireden.net/a/thread/141295119/#141298073

We've already had this chat. The author has a well written series that's why alot of people like it.
>>
>>141694522
>deliberately created rather than arising naturally or spontaneously
It's almost as if stories aren't actually real life, and all the events in them happen because someone planned them to happen that way. And exactly, it has reasons. Are the reasons not good enough? Why are they not good enough? Please explain.
>>
>>141690331
Is this another shitposting thread? We don't even need another thread till the next episode. Come the fuck on people, I'm tired of posting the same shit over and over again. Stop trying to rile up the WNfags.
>>
>>141694615
I remember that thread, shitposters were trying to go full damage control after that.
>>
>3 weeks without eps because of tennis
Thanks /sp/
>>
>>141694220

Every time someone points out a flaw or asks a valid question, LNfags will just make shit up or attempt to justify an author's bullshit. This is not exclusive to this series. For re:zero, the explanation for everything is always "Subaru has crippling depression" or "MC does what Satella wants him to".

That's actually vague as shit and explains nothing, and that's intended, because the author can basically write whatever he wants (even if its unbelieveable edgy trash) and he can fall back on "MC does what Satella wants him to". That's why it's shitty writing, because the explanation behind Subaru's ridiculous motives/actions requires yet another explanation.
>>
This show is garbage and you should feel bad for liking it
>>
>>141695218
Ridiculous explanation? Most of the stuff has been literally ripped of the WN.
>>
>>141695263
your favorite anime is shit
>>
>>141694615
Can we have another thread like that? I want physics bro to come back. He was a chill dude.
>>
>>141695284
My favorite anime is Toradora
>>
>>141695312
I like Toradora, but you sir don't know a good series even if it hit you in the face. You probably don't know why Toradora even clicks
>>
>>141695450
I have a lot of reasons to think that re:zero isn't a good show.
>>
>>141690331
>7/25 episodes aired
>>
>>141695218
Nobody is making shit up anon. Everything has ripped off the WN series, you have 430+ chapters worth of stuff us WNfags to sift through to counter argue against other anons.
>>
>>141695218
Why is it a bad explanation? I mean I really don't get it. Depression isn't an "excuse" it's just a character motivation.
>>
>>141695539
an implied one at best, if he doesn't bother explaining it and only hinting at it with this very vague behavior than fuck that
>>
really isn't it just another im in a different world and there's videogame mechanics

i mean, he literally goes gameover and reloads froma checkpoint
>>
>>141695578
He talks about it in great detail later in the story. Sorry the anime didn't come with extensive character bios before episode one.
>>
>>141695599
It's different because Subaru's fucked. It's like if Homura had to die every time to start a new time loop, and then after finally saving Madoka after 500 loops of despair there's some other shit she has to do, again and again forever.
>>
>>141695599
I-It's different because the characters are stereotypicals and there's blood,anon!
>>
>>141695599
Nobody is arguing against that, that's why there are alot of people saying is like Dark Souls or whatever. But to say its just another generic X is no differentiation and is ununique, well that's where alot of WNfag would defend it.
>>
>>141695218
I assume getting too indepth would be a pain in the ass. Who cares if Subaru has crippling depression? We learn what he's like by watching him and we're supposed to put things together as we go on.

Subaru is an idiot who acts a lot more cheerful than he actually is and is willing to suffer and risk his life for people who he has little reason to like. He grows way too attached to people for the amount of interaction he actually has with them. These are all accurate observations. His actions are not those of a reasonable person, which implies that's largely because he isn't a reasonable person.

He's the sort of lonely and desperate clingy guy who fell in love with a girl in one day because she was nice to him.
>>141695605
That's what I assumed. It's something that's supposed to be revealed more as we go through.
>>
>>141695681
I always hate this, sorry that the most common trait is living in a different world, while having modern benefit's. On that note, how do you do a series that's an alternate world while also not using that cliche that it's a video game world or fantasy world.
>>
>>141695599
The fact that at least it isn't harem and his only power is savescumming - at least so far - is already a huge improvement to me.
>>
>>141695828
Meant to quote >>141695539
>>
>>141695750
Well if fantastical elements aren't allowed, it just has to be a "real" world with no magic shit. Time travel to distant future?
>>
>>141695750
Well for one it's like the monkey's paw of MMO tropes. Such as:

>Being the chosen one
>Fighing enemies
>Getting powers

All of that fun stuff that MC gets in some way shape or form but in a way he never expected to get it and wanted to have happen to him. Now have that, then consider that this series is made by a sadist. Not also take into consideration that the author himself hates self-inserts, OP MC's, and wish-fulfillment.
>>
File: 148.jpg (20 KB, 728x635) Image search: [Google]
148.jpg
20 KB, 728x635
>>141695539
>>141695218
Subaru has thus far demonstrated few of the ICD-10's ten agreed symptoms of depression.

>Persistent low mood
>Anhedonia
>Fatigue
>Insomnia
>Poor concentration
>Poor appetite
>Inappropriate feelings of guilt
>Psychomotor retardation or agitation
>Low self confidence
>Suicidal thoughts or acts

Fewer than four symptoms is not considered depression.
Mild depression is defined as having four symptoms, moderate depression as five to six symptoms, and severe depression as having seven or more symptoms, every day for a month or more.

How is what we have seen Subaru demonstrate in any way approaching crippling depression? If anything, he's just being emo.
>>
>>141695896
>hasn't watched episode 7
dude, he fucking full on went depressed, holy fuck how can you not see that, he checked half easily in the first half, and the rest towards the end.
>>
>>141695896
>Low self confidence

Well we have three at least.

No one means literal DSM depression, we're not psychiatrists trying to diagnose him with shit. It's just shorter than saying "deeply unhappy and kind of fucked in the head due to having a shit life".
>>
>>141695961
>symptoms should be present for a month or more and every symptom should be present for most of every day
>>
File: 1458320001579.jpg (344 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1458320001579.jpg
344 KB, 633x758
>>141695894
>Being the main villain's chosen one
>Fighting raidboss-tier level enemies only
>Getting powers at the payment of losing everything you hold dear

Subaru never wanted any of this
>>
>>141690331
The the manga any good? Or are people reading the LN?
>>
>>141696055
WN is the farthest along with the plot.
>>
>>141695896
>Inappropriate feelings of guild
Check.
He always blames himself for shit that could be prevented

>persistent low mood
Check.
Kid HATES himself and only puts up a happy front

See episode 7

>Fatigue
Not physical, but his mental fatigue is so great he just spent four days sitting in bed feeling like all he does is fuck things up
Plus he gets so mentally strained in the next arc he ends up a gibbering mess who can't even think straight

>Low self confidence
CHECK

>Poor appetite
Shown in the novels for the events of episode 7. He doesn't eat much at all for all four days of that loop

Checks out if you ask me senpai
>>
>>141695539

Either way, Subaru's actions are always driven by vague shit. It leaves the author a lot of room to improvise where he wants to go, but it raises a lot of questions for good reason. I've read through these cancerous threads, and even WN readers don't know Satella's reasons for controlling the MC beyond "she loves him" or "she is insane". The author is basically inserted into Satella, and he's making him go through edgy shit all the time for the sake of muh suffering. Feels forced as fuck, kind of like the antagonist in kokoro connect.
>>
>>141695896
>Persistent low mood
>Fatigue
>Poor appetite
>Psychomotor retardation or agitation
>Low self confidence

He already has these.
>>
>>141695599
From the beginning, it's pretty obvious that it's meant to be a twist on that formula. The only videogame mechanics are the checkpoints. The LN actually describes the magic as looking rather uglier and more "real" than Subaru was expecting.

The story also presents a twist on the idea of him being the Chosen One, because that's exactly what he is. The twist is that it's in one of the worst possible ways, since he wasn't chosen by anything benevolent. Sure, he gets a special power no one else has and makes him unkillable to anyone else for all practical purposes, but the drawbacks are taken very seriously.
>>
>>141696086
Fuck I can't find it. Mind sourcing me?
>>
>>141696095
People have literally spoiled the exact specifics of why Subaru is the way he is several times in these threads. And we don't know a whole lot about Satella's motivations and who she is because that's almost certainly going to be one of the biggest reveals in the story you retard.
>>
>>141696141
Only if you can read moon

http://ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/
>>
>>141695896
By arc 3 he has all 10 of these. Then you find out he has all 10 of those consistently since the first arc.
>>
>>141696092
>>141696109
>>141695961
>symptoms should be present for a month or more and every symptom should be present for most of every day
>>
>>141695896
>>141695996
> Anhedonia
He wasn't feeling no pleasure from anything.
> Insomnia
Pic related.
> Can't eat.
He wasn't eating from what I know in that depression phase. In fact, the anime glanced over it.
> Agitation
Look at pic related again.
>>
>>141696235
>>141696215
>>
>>141696235
>>141696215
we are only 7 episodes in, just fucking wait till episode 25 than give your stamp of shit bait
>>
>>141696235
Except it is.

The problem is the animators had to cut alot of Subaru's inner thoughts and monologues out in the anime for the sake of pacing. Nobody wants to have Subaru talk about himself for 10 minutes every episode.
>>
>>141696252
>He wasn't feeling no pleasure from anything.
So he was only pretending to enjoy fantasizing about his date with Emilia-tan when he was alone with nobody around?
>>
>>141696252
>only response is telling me why he didn't express symptoms that I never said he expressed
>ignores the part where I said I'm not even talking about the diagnostic definition of depression.
Shouldn't you be studying for your next psych exam instead of wasting time on 4chan?
>>
>>141696095
The reason we don't know much for motivations is because Satella and Subaru haven't had motive rants or anything like that.
Subaru's a dumb kid who gets any dreams of monotony in his life as a NEET ending after the first arc pretty goddamn hard.
He's slowly starting to think everything is futile because even in this world where he should be a hero as far as his interpretations of his situations go, he's still a total loser who can't do anything right and relies on other people to help solve his issues for him, but gets credit for his hard work, only for it to bite him in the ass later.

Satella, the ONLY things we know about her is the following
>She WAS a kindhearted young lady who wanted to join the witches
>she didn't have the aptitude or powers to do so
>to join the witches, she forced the power into her somehow, causing a split in her personality: Satella and the Witch of Envy
>the witch of envy then slaughters the other witches
>she's subsequently sealed by the sage, dragon, and sword saint
>she yanks Subaru into the new world and curses him
>she loves him a whole lot
>mental fucking nutcase too
Satella herself is still supposedly a very kind, very loving, witch. But the Witch of Envy is a psychotic nutter who is pretty much satanic hitler.
>>
>>141696235
>>141696253
The problem is he's has this shit before he even jumped into the world, his depression and inferiority complex was developed during his life in the real world. The anime even said that he became a NEET/Hikki by choice.
>>
>>141696366
Subaru can't catch a fucking break can he.
>>
File: 013.png (698 KB, 893x1300) Image search: [Google]
013.png
698 KB, 893x1300
>>141696334
>>141696337
>>141696337
Forgot the pic.
>>
>>141696387
Blame his dad.
>>
No luck in the other thread.
Where can I buy the light novel from?Already tried cdjapan, don't have it
>>
>>141696467
YenPress blocked all fan translations because they're asshats like that. Wait for the "fanfics" to come around.
>>
>>141696499
Ok, good to know. I mean, where can I buy them in moon?
>>
>>141696366
>>141696337
See, though, even from a non medical lay perspective, depression isn't "crippling" unless it actually, you know, cripples you. Affecting your normal day to day function. If he isn't having regularly disturbed sleep, if he has a normal appetite, if he can focus on doing things and go outside instead of sitting around stewing in his own lack of self worth, then that is not "crippling depression".
>>
>>141696552
Most are exaggerating when they describe what's happening now as "crippling", though its still pretty bad. While it's not crippling now, but it will be crippling later in the story.
>>
>>141696550
You can read it in moon, for free. Since the source material is the WN.

http://ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/
>>
>>141690331
Regards: Crystal Energy Kai. You forgot to put some gay jokes in
>>
>>141695218
>Subaru is an idiot who acts a lot more cheerful than he actually is and is willing to suffer and risk his life for people who he has little reason to like

So what if he likes helping out strangers? Plenty people do that in real world and their dedicated organizations doing exactly that. Just because selfish asshole does mean is nor need to act like one for so you can self insert. And for info both Emilia and Reinhard helped out him first without ulterior motives only simply because he was somebody in trouble. Are they badly written because they confirmed to moral standards?

It's not that his character is written is badly just looking for reasons shit on series and says way about what kind of person you are where you lack even basic empathy for others. The world isn't always about you.

Putting that aside has plenty reason to help he's met so given they him a place to live, work and treated him well. A person like him who has nothing to him or offer anyone of course he's debted. That's juts not being an shithead.
>>
Beatrice got a lot more popular after last episode
>>
>>141692461
Yep, and they always make up excuses to blame the work instead of themselves. But then again most of them tend to be trolls looking to hate on what's popular by making threads like this. It's pathetic, but so of what /a/ attacts.
>>
>>141697237
The anime really does not potray him as well as the other mediums do.
>>
>>141697416
That or people can't seem to detect subtle clues and social queues.
>>
>>141691807
>Why are making Re:Zero threads every FIVE hours?
Because it's the only show worth talking about.
>>
>>141697694
/a/ for the most part is still more intelligent than the average user, it's just they really don't like to think hard about things, rather they like to be force fed
>>
Can someone summarize the AU chapters of Rem for me?
>>
>>141698205
No, and I doubt anyone is willing to.
>>
File: 1462383951904.jpg (18 KB, 385x397) Image search: [Google]
1462383951904.jpg
18 KB, 385x397
>>141697777
>>
>>141691026
She wanted him to find her weird and possibly leave her alone afterwards, because she didn't want him to involve himself with her due to the emblem business. After he acted so naturally to it she immediatly felt bad, and before he entered the building told him she had something to tell him afterwards after realizing he was a nice person.

Even Puck thought she was being mean.
>>
File: 5c8.jpg (39 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
5c8.jpg
39 KB, 500x364
>>141691807
Why not just watch it and judge for yourself?
>>
>>141695896
Mood swings happen to all people. What you're describing is a person with depression, who's had those symptoms in constant state as a default state. No smiling/laughing/excitedness/concentration/etc.

You're not depressed if you feel low mood, anhedonia, fatigue, insomnia, poor concentration for couple of days. Its when these things persists for years to months. That change is almost irreversible in many cases.

Source: myself. Diagnosed with clinical depression, not pop culture depression. Many of those symptoms you mentioned are part of my normal personality now and its been that way for 10+ years. With exception of suicidal thoughts/acts, thats mainly due to low motivation and "reduced affect display" + methodical logical thoughts governing my entire behaviour.
>>
File: B8kun.jpg (48 KB, 627x626) Image search: [Google]
B8kun.jpg
48 KB, 627x626
>>141697777
> More intelligent than the average user.
> Doesn't like to think about hard things.
> They like to be force-fed.
Congratulations, you're now an idiot.
>>
>>141696598
Death/Reset gimmick would cripple anybody though. It's not that special and anyone could be MC and suffer through the same thing.
>>
>>141698498
Quads don't lie.
>>
>>141698545
But even quads prove contradictions.
>>
>>141698577
Lucky dubs now prove your point.
>>
>>141695483
I have a lot of reason to think why your mom dropped you on your head when you were suckling and left you simple.
>>
>>141698498
Intelligence and laziness aren't mutually exclusive
>>
threadly reminder this shit got canned
>>
>>141690331
he has crippling depression, emilia/mansion staff are the first people to ever show him kindness and that's why he wants to protect them.
>>
>>141698880
I think his dad is supposed to be super cool and supportive actually, the thing is he tried to live up to his dad and kept failing miserably, which made him depressed and at some point a neet, but since he exercised and tried to be like his father he isn't a complete social outcast and isn't afraid of talking to people.
>>
>"I've never fought on my entire life"
>"Mugglers? I'm gonna punch them instead of running away"
>Receives power up from curse
>Mugglers are convenient wimps
>"Oh my god I'm so cool!"

>"I like your fairy tales, here, let me share a casual fairy tale of where I come from"
>"OMG that's so me and my twin sister!!"

>"OMG What a cute puppy!! I'm gonna let it bite me. I come to buy to this town everytime but just now he wants to bite me, how cute!"

>"Oh that must be a Metia, the thing we will never mention again but will make negotiations faster"
>"Yes, this metia is worth the same that an invaluable stone that detects royal blood"

>"There was a disease that infected all members of the royal family, now we have a reason to introduce new characters and justify a plot"

>"You want to try to convince everybody about your curse? Ha ha no we don't want that in our show. Instead, suffer."

>"Emilia-tan, I love you, but the plot needs that we separate. I'm gonna break a promise, fight in a battle I can't win and break my mana gate. See you later!"

>"If I make my MC a depressive faggot with father complex, I can justify his lack of common sense and extreme attachment to bypass normal human relationships. I'm a genius!" t. Re:zero author

Why do you still believe this show has good writing?
>>
>>141698880
Consider this >>141695896
>every day for a month or more.
>>
>>141699080
Why do your parents still believe you have a girlfriend?
>>
>>141699080
Nice bait
>>
>>141699117
see
>>141696215
>>
>>141699117
See
>>141696286
>>141696366
>>
>>141699080
You're really pulling on the straws now aren't you?
>>
Males in anime have been dense self-inserts for like that last 7 years.

There's really no point in discussing anime other than going oh hey I like this show

Me too dawg

There's lots of cute girls

Yo
>>
>>141696661
Thanks man. But seriously, I specifically want the LN I don't want to use amazon
>>
File: 1463612886201.png (150 KB, 359x414) Image search: [Google]
1463612886201.png
150 KB, 359x414
Every Re:Zero shitposter in a nutshell
>>
>>141699450
doesn't that apply to every shitposter?
>>
>>141699425
Oh, alright.

http://honto.jp/netstore/pd-book_27418202.html
>>
>>141699358
I would be pulling straws if the thing I mentioned were small nitpicks. They are actually very relevant for the plot.
>>
>>141699450
Isn't the point of shitposting that they don't think they're right but just want to make people frustrated?
>>
>>141699498
No, its a phrase to describe straw-manning and argument.
>>
>>141699543
>Ignores I said "They are actually very relevant for the plot."

Can you prove me wrong?
>>
>>141694615
That's alot of books
>>
>>141699450
It applies to you as well.
>>
>>141699080
>>"I've never fought on my entire life"
>>"Mugglers? I'm gonna punch them instead of running away"
>>Receives power up from curse
>>Mugglers are convenient wimps
>>"Oh my god I'm so cool!"
and then they killed him
>>
>>141699595
For the 100th time I can, you're just making me re-type the same shit I've done over and over again aren't you? 1/2

>Receives power up from curse

He already stated that he had too much freetime in his hands and has worked out before entering the world. The curse didn't do shit to power him up at all. Did you even watch the anime let alone read any material involving this series?

>"I like your fairy tales, here, let me share a casual fairy tale of where I come from"
>"OMG that's so me and my twin sister!!"

It's called foreshadowing and backstory, which is relevant to the plot later on.

>"OMG What a cute puppy!! I'm gonna let it bite me. I come to buy to this town everytime but just now he wants to bite me, how cute!"

That's called re-living memories, Subaru wants to replicate everything he's worked so hard for. Not to mention you'd fall flat on your ass with the reveal if you didn't read the spoilers. Not to mention its called leaving clues.

>"Oh that must be a Metia, the thing we will never mention again but will make negotiations faster"
>"Yes, this metia is worth the same that an invaluable stone that detects royal blood"

Saved his ass numerous times, not to mention he didn't have the time nor the place to sell the metia anyhow, considering that he's been dying alot. Not to mention his vendor, Rom, is with Felt in Reinhardt's castle which is miles away.

>"There was a disease that infected all members of the royal family, now we have a reason to introduce new characters and justify a plot"

The fuck? There are entire VOLUMES dedicated to how the royal family died.
>>
>>141699972
2/2

>"You want to try to convince everybody about your curse? Ha ha no we don't want that in our show. Instead, suffer."

No, if a malevolent force that intends to wipe out the world brought a vassal of some sorts from another word you'd obviously would not want said vassal to tell anyone that can hint that you're doing some shady shit.

>"Emilia-tan, I love you, but the plot needs that we separate. I'm gonna break a promise, fight in a battle I can't win and break my mana gate. See you later!"

No, he was looking for her best interest, considering Subaru is an idiot and is riles up easily its completely in character to make an ass of himself for someone else self-interest. Not to mention one of his main character flaws is the fact that he tries to help when help is not needed, inferiority complex and whatnot.

>"If I make my MC a depressive faggot with father complex, I can justify his lack of common sense and extreme attachment to bypass normal human relationships. I'm a genius!" t. Re:zero author

Except it does, making him a basket case from the get-go not only adds to depth later on in the series but also give more material for the author to write about, not to mention it just screams potential character development which is fufilled.

Are you happy now?
>>
>Tom cruises new sci-fi film
how are people falling for this bait
>>
>>141699678
>First loop
>All that happens
>One guy brings swords
>"I'm sorry"
>Felt enters
>Emilia saves him
See, if he has run instead of staying, there wouldn't be plot. The coincidence is there.
>>141699972
>Powerup
Read manga first arc. I've been told it also happens on the LN
>"Foreshadowing"
Yeah, really convenient that the casual fairy tale fits so well with the sister.
>Not noticing I'm talking about Rem
Try again. Also, convenient death so that MC gets a clue
>Missing the point of metia
Try again
>Justifying the convenience doesn't invalidates the convenience
Try again
>>141700002
>Magic is the cause of everything
Lazy writing to circumvent actual interaction
>MC is a convenient Idiot for the plot
Any MC would be more interesting than a reactionary retard
>Character development is a witch that forces him to remember his parents
We already talked how magic is convenient.
>Basket case for psychological drama
Is like you ignore the fact the author is lazy
>Basket case for the author to write about
If all he cares is psycho bishops, yandere witches and making the MC suffer, how does that makes him a good writer?

Veredict: try again.
>>
>>141700002
>>141699972
> Entire volumes
I can't remember details but was it in relation to the contract of the dragon? I forget.
>>
>>141700231
here is your reply
>>
File: 1460987665272.png (12 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1460987665272.png
12 KB, 500x500
>>141700231
Holy shit I cannot believe I just dedicated my time to a troll, or a brick wall.

If you're only argument is "try again" clearly I've driven you into a corner.
>>
File: 1463350855001.png (249 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1463350855001.png
249 KB, 640x480
>>141700231
this is some lazy as fuck shitposting
>>
>>141700231
>Veredict
Faggot
>>
File: Ex_Volume_1.jpg (310 KB, 709x1000) Image search: [Google]
Ex_Volume_1.jpg
310 KB, 709x1000
>>141700272
The royal family was killed therefore causing the contract with the dragon to expire or whatnot. I forgot most of its content but alot of it was explained in pic related.
>>
>>141700428
Ah, it wasn't a disease, was it? I thought that was too weird for all of them to die just like that. Especially all at once. Afterall, Felt was the only one alive.
>>
>>141699481
>http://honto.jp/netstore/pd-book_27418202.html
A fucking bundle, cool. Thanks my black skinned brother
>>
>>141700307
>If your only argument is "try again" clearly I've driven you into a corner.
Are you sure it isn't because you missed the point of the arguments? I'm declaring the author uses a lot of obvious coincidences in his writing, and I pointed the points where that happens. Wether they have justification or not is not relevant, since the obvious coincidences already happened and the author is just putting band-aids.
>>
>>141700231
There is no point in trying to have a meaningful discussion with shitposters like you if the only thing you can do is claim laziness and plot convenience.
>>
>>141700561
Are you implying they don't happen? Because they do, I pointed some of them.
>>
>>141694081

That's not what he was implying at all.
>>
>>141700549
Are you telling me he should've had 200+ chapters worth of exposition before going into the main story? I'm not a bad-aid its called a plot an unraveling it.
>>
File: Take deep breaths side-to-side.jpg (58 KB, 425x600) Image search: [Google]
Take deep breaths side-to-side.jpg
58 KB, 425x600
>>141700525
Did someone say a wise magical negro?
>>
>>141700652
No, I'm telling you he's band-aiding a plot convenience. You don't need to know the details when the event that happens convieniently kills an specific group.
>>
>>141700603
if there's a reasonable explanation for those plot conveniences then its fine
>>
>>141700549
With your way of thinking I can put every novel and film under the fucking sun with your verdict. From In Search Of Lost Time to the Unusual Suspects.
>>
>>141700549
justifications are very relevant
>>
>>141700732
> Conveniently
Didn't we already went through this just a few posts ago? Are you an idiot?
>>
Why are people shitting on the series/asking for more information, when we haven't even reached the middle of the series (ignoring the fact that this is an adaptation). It's like reading the first three chapters of a novel and then going to a forum to shitpost about how the MC isn't fleshed out or asking why he behaves how he does. Are people just shitposters or just retarded?
>>
Berserk > RE:Zero

You know it to be true, kiddos.
>>
>>141700792
Both. They like to try scratching at the surface alot.
>>
>>141700603
is there anything wrong with plot convenience? I mean some of literature's greatest victorian era novels have used plot convenience and have still managed to be great.
>>
>>141700732
With your way of thinking The Hobbit and The Silmarillion from LOTR are bad-aids for plot convinces.

Get out.
>>
>>141700819
no one really claims that re:zero was better
>>
>>141700843
We went through plot conveniences of this series. Not anymore. People like to nitpick on plot conveniences due to the fact that they reveal some plot holes.
>>
>>141700819
And Berserk has to do with what exactly?
>>
>>141700819
Both are good series in their respects, but nobody is claiming anyone of them to be better than the other.
>>
File: 1450275460965.jpg (24 KB, 401x372) Image search: [Google]
1450275460965.jpg
24 KB, 401x372
This is when you know you've fucked up. Anons managed to rile up the Tolkienversefags. This is not going to end well.
>>
>>141700880
I've see it, anon. These twirps think this "suffering" is real. Nope. Not like Berserk.
>>
Whew! What a debate!
>>
>>141700948
It is real. Anon. Not better than berserk.
>>
>>141693630
Just pointing out anon, you know you are in 4chan right?
>>
>>141700948
>These twirps think this "suffering" is real

Ok now you managed to rile me up.

That suffering isn't real? Bro, are you fucking kidding me? Do you want me to spoil you on the spot?
>>
>>141700946
Is this Lord of the Rings or some video game reference I seem to not be getting?
>>
>>141700948
>>141701012
calm down faggots don't raise up another shitstorm
>>
>>141701017
Nah, but for some reason this series attracts alot of Tolkienversefags, something about DEEPEST LORE.

Not to mention it was mostly due to them that Dark Lord Subaru became a running gag in these threads.
>>
>>141701012

Try me, ya lightweight.
>>
Great, a debate thread. What next, /pol/ coming into the fray? That's Youjo Senki.
>>
File: 1463569684400.png (26 KB, 290x272) Image search: [Google]
1463569684400.png
26 KB, 290x272
>>141701096
You're really asking for it aren't you? Do you want me to link the pastebin or do you want me to give you a small list?
>>
File: Never Forgetti.png (490 KB, 1119x552) Image search: [Google]
Never Forgetti.png
490 KB, 1119x552
>>141701017
>>141701094
>>
>>141700745
So you didn't find that a coincidence so big that affects the entire first 3 arcs is not reasonable?
>>141700766
>>141700843
>>141700847
>>141700790
Good writers make the coincidences go unnoticed. This guy put neon lights around them. Or tell me you didn't noticed that at the fairy tale thing at arc 2
http://theeditorsblog.net/2012/01/20/coincidence-destroys-the-suspension-of-disbelief/ Here's why I'm saying the writing is bad.

>>141699972
Here, since you didn't understand why I said "try again", let me spoonfed you.

>"OMG What a cute puppy!!"
>That's called re-living memories, Subaru wants to replicate everything he's worked so hard for. Not to mention you'd fall flat on your ass with the reveal if you didn't read the spoilers. Not to mention its called leaving clues.
I'm talking about rem, and how she conveniently dies this time to leave a clue. The fact that Roswald is the one killing her only makes him another psycho of the bunch, and the fact that Rem let her get bitten by a dog is convenient.

>Saved his ass numerous times, not to mention he didn't have the time nor the place to sell the metia anyhow, considering that he's been dying alot. Not to mention his vendor, Rom, is with Felt in Reinhardt's castle which is miles away.
Are metia mentioned ever again? That's my point. Their only use, as concept, were to make negotiations easier and accelerate the plot

>The fuck? There are entire VOLUMES dedicated to how the royal family died.
Who cares, only the royal family died. Pretty convenient, because there wouldn't be another big plot without it.
>>
Can someone list the torture that the cult did? One of them was skinning while the other watched.
>>
>>141701189
In Jane Eyre there were many instances of Jane having a long lost uncle and him having connections to people she meets later on in the story with many more coincidences. These are fairly obvious yet the book still remains a classic.
>>
>>141701149
Just post whatever you need to, kid. I know I'm right.
>>
>>141699080
Mang.. i have seen autism, but not your level of autism

Kindly kill and remove yourself from gene pool
>>
>>141701204
They raped Rem while Subaru watched in anger.
>>
>>141701189
So you're telling me The Outsiders is a shitty book with bad writing as well? There was the plot convenience of Johnny Cade dying in some random ass house-fire and Dally killing himself by cop for dramatic effect.
>>
They need a new main character, I wish he would die for real.
>>
>>141701179
I always thought it was wierd how this Sauron with his replacement body and armour looks just like Morgoth Jr.
>>
>>141701320
http://pastebin.com/GbgUPSKZ

Reminder this is a VERY SHORT summary of the arcs so far, ALOT of details have been left out. If you want more I can fill you in on the details.
>>
>>141701397
But Reinhardt is the main character. Just look at how op he is.
>>
>>141700231
>>(you)

Just so you happy my little autist anon
>>
>>141701330
No they didn't. I mean they kinda did, but they didn't. Depends if you're looking at it in Mr. Fetishist's POV or Subaru's POV.
>>
>>141701293
But what was his uncle profession? How sociable he was? That can justify the fact he knows a lot of people. It also happens in various towns of north england. If he was a merchant, he could had met that ammount of people. That way, the coincidence is justified.
>>141701389
>One plot convenience
One does not kills suspension, especially if the show has captured your attention. I posted a few up there about this show.
>>
>>141701417
Because he is basically Morgoth Jr.
>>
>>141700661
kek
>>
>>141701555
What about the time the Socs randomly came up and just started beating the shit outta Johnny? What about that Brawl between Darrel and his best friend? What about the fact that Ponyboy has no parents? What about the time when the Socs parents somehow let Johnny and Ponyboy of the hook for killing their own fucking son?
>>
>>141701555
>his
okay but what about when Jane suddenly gets a "mysterious" message in her head to send a letter to thornfield. Calling this Victorian Gothic supernaturalism is not justifiable.
>>
>>141701672
Cute, but I don't know the book. You can tell me the events all you want, but I don't know how they were written.

All the events of Re:Zero I mention already happened in the manga/LN/anime (WN is irrelevant since even fans say it's poorly written), excluding the 3rd arc one which I got info from these threads. So, with elements already presented in official releases, and some lurking I've done on these threads, I present those coincidences with conviction.
>>
File: 1450323921900.png (94 KB, 209x236) Image search: [Google]
1450323921900.png
94 KB, 209x236
>>141701425
>There only summarize the key plot-points of the series

There's more around it?
>>
>>141701893
Yes, there are hundreds of chapters around said key-plotpoints. The context and little details are just as bad as the plotpoints summarized.
>>
>>141701846
And we told you our evidence in conviction. And you still try to go with the same claim without variety.
>>
>>141701817
First of all, I haven't read that novel. My previous comment is based around a summary. That's why I proposed that the uncle could have more around it.

So with that out of the way, how about intuition? How intuitive is Jane? Can you tell me when it happens so that I can get an idea? Also, can you tell me how often she gets these messages, if any? If any of these is weird, then is clearly the author just pulling one supernatural thing. It leaves a bad taste but is it enough to make it bad considering the rest of the book? My claims about Rezero, as mentioned in >>141701846 , never go beyond the start of arc 3, since that's how far I've read/watched and how much I stretch my belief based on what people on these threads have told me.

>>141701988
But I've pointed out why you guys' evidence is not pulling down my points. I also detailed those "try again" points, and I haven't got another serious answer about that point. You read the 3 "try again" in the entire post and inmediately dismissed the other points.
>>
>>141690561
Isn't that where high strung tsun type riajuus chase a ball around with fucking eskimo snow shoes or some shit? what a waste of energy and air time
>>
>>141702086
And you dismissed our points that was a answer to the plot conveniences that you claimed. And also,
> inmediately
I can't take you seriously anymore.
>>
Why do people get so fucking triggered by the slightest coincidence, the slightest thing that looks like it might be convenient, no matter how well its explained? It's almost like most things in life don't happen out of sheer coincidence, good or bad luck. It's like complaining that history is unrealistic because it's too contrived for you that Kennedy rode in an uncovered car.
>>
>>141702365
They get explained, but this anon doesn't accept it.
>>
>>141701189
>Are metia mentioned ever again? That's my point. Their only use, as concept, were to make negotiations easier and accelerate the plot
>someone tells you it's used again
>still act like it's only seen in arc 1
Why are we bothering?
>>
>>141701846
>WN is irrelevant since even fans say it's poorly written
They don't though.
>>
>>141702341
>And you dismissed our points that was a answer to the plot conveniences that you claimed.
That would be true, but here >>141701189
There I went and explained in depth

>>141702444
Nope. No one has told me where metias, as things that allows non-magic users to use magic, is used again outside of arc 1. And I'm not talking about the cellphone, I'm talking about metias.

>>141702512
We haven't seen the same guys saying that the LN is a better redacted and written version of the WN.
>>
>>141701846
The fuck? Sure the WN has some pacing problems but it's well written. When the fuck did we claim that the WN wasn't anything BUT well written?
>>
>>141701846
See
>>141694615

>WN is irrelevant

Moving goalposts I see
>>
>>141702579
Of course the LN would be better, since generally having time to edit and make things more concise makes it better, but no one says the WN is bad.
>>
>>141702579
The LN removes alot of stuff that the editors considered "uneeded". The reason why you see alot of WNfags compared to LNfags should already state the evidence that the WN is considered on par, if not better than the LN version.
>>
>>141702579
Who he fuck says the WN is bad? Nobody has ever said the WN is bad. Alot of people say the WN is well-written.
>>
>>141696350
>She WAS a kindhearted young lady
>who wanted to join the witches
Why would a nice young lady want to join the psycho witch group?
>>
>>141702579
> Metias are magical items that allow non-magic users to use magic.
Wait... I am sure as hell that is later in the story. Just wait. I don't remember the full details but definitely.
>>
>>141702086
Throughout the rest of this book moments like that never occur again. The story keeps taking conveniences to further add drama but these still don't take any enjoyment from the novel.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is using plot conveniences as an excuse to blame a novel is not right as plot conveniences have been used in a lot of great literature. I'll admit some stories do this better than others.
>>
>>141702752
I'm sure it goes along with the whole explanation of how magic works, which comes later.
>>
>>141702743
Well all of the witches are like that actually, most of them are meaning to do good and have sympathetic backstories, that's why alot of anons state his power is more of a curse. All of the witches are like failed lab experiments.
>>
>>141700231
>Read manga first arc. I've been told it also happens on the LN
There's no powerup in the LN. Subaru merely thinks he might have gotten a powerup at first, but he soon realizes his mistake when the muggers get back up and are mostly unharmed. He doesn't have superstrength or anything like that. He just scored a few lucky hits.
>>
>>141700231
TLDR
You got fucking BTFO, try to bait again you fucking shit poster
>>
>>141702776
The explanation comes as a fundamental and elements of magic.
>>
>>141702633
>>141702654
>>141702668
Okay sharpshooters, I take that point out. How does that crumbles my point? The main elements are still there.
>>141702689
Then why do I read WN fags that say otherwise?
See, you can nitpick that thing all you want, it doesn't change anything, since the storytelling remains the same.
>>141702752
>No I swear it's used later, trust me, I'm biased towards the novel
Metias are never mentioned nor used again. Their purpose is to facilitate the plot. Subaru could've used one on arc 3, because despise beign expensive and rare, he has the favor of Reinhardt's group. Why wouldn't them have access to one?

>>141702753
http://theeditorsblog.net/2012/01/20/coincidence-destroys-the-suspension-of-disbelief/
There are too many of them in this story to handle mine.
>>141702804
>Calisthenics and sword swinging gives him fighting prowress, even though he has never fought before
The same problem. Also, that includes Jackie Chan acrobatics, club wielding and enduring beign slammed into a cliff (Anime ep 6)

>>141702815
Nice bait
>>
I took out the disease one. It was unfair of me since I don't know the extra novel
>>141699080
>First loop of first arc
>Receives power up from curse (source: manga)
>Calisthenics and sword swinging gives him fighting prowress (source: everything else)
>muggler takes out swords
>"I'm sorry"
>Felt comes and leaves
>Emilia saves him
>Subaru and Emilia encounter

>"OMG that casual fairy tale foreshadows me and my twin sister backstory, even though we are from a different world!!"

>Be rem
>Be roswald
>"All according to Keikaku"

>"Oh that must be a Metia, the thing we will never mention again in the entire show but will serve to sell your cellphone faster"
>"Good grief, now we can rest assured this will make negotiations easier when you die and respawn"
>"Yes, and since I break my mana gate later in the story, I won't need an item like that could help me to fight"

>"You want to try to convince everybody about your curse? Ha ha no we don't want that complication in our show, since obviously I would not want you to tell anyone anything that can hint that you're doing some shady shit. I'll instead let my stench flow through you so that people still thinks you're shady"

>"Emilia-tan, I love you, but the plot needs that we separate. I'm gonna break a promise, fight in a battle I can't win and break my mana gate, with the justification that it is for your best interest. See you later!"
>>
>>141703012
>"If I make my MC a depressive faggot with father complex, I can justify his lack of common sense and extreme attachment to bypass normal human relationships. By making him a basket case, I justify easily the torture and suffering I'll make him pass through. I'm a genius!"
>"I don't need to make the MC remember his family. If I make another character force him to remember his family instead of making him the one that thinks of them, people will believe he cares and developes! Brilliant!"
> t. Re:zero author

Why is your suspension of disbelief still intact?
>>
>>141702977
well that's your own problem then not the story's.
>>
>>141702977
>Metias are never mentioned nor used again.
Can someone confirm or deny this? This faggot is stating it like a fact despite having not read the WN.
>>
>>141702977
I don't think even real life could hold up against your fragile suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>141703073
I feel like this guy read the fucking pastebin and didn't realize that it was suppose to be a summary.
>>
>>141703012
>>141703038
Alright I'm fucking done, I'm literally going to re-type the same shit again over and over if this keeps up.
>>
>>141703107
I feel like the guy didn't even do that and just comes to the threads to shitpost, with all his knowledge being based on here say.
>>
>>141690331
I don't understand why all of 4chan likes this shitty generic moe edgy anime. Its a fucking light novel adaptation
>>
>>141703167
Because it's a suffering anime and we're all masochists.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.