[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hataraku Maou-sama 11
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 30
File: Volume_11.png (478 KB, 387x553) Image search: [Google]
Volume_11.png
478 KB, 387x553
Volume 11 translations are out desu.
>>
Is this yuri NTR?
>>
>>141602018
S2 when?
>>
>>141602018
where's the link?
>>
File: 1387005090392.png (94 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
1387005090392.png
94 KB, 247x248
>mfw Emi bitchslapped her mom
>>
Are the official translations actually good?
>>
>>141604208
They wrote Emi when it should have been Chiho on the back cover of volume 3, but other than that I haven't seen any problems. Definitely better than the fan translations.
>>
>>141604574
Sounds good.
Might catch up eventually then.
>>
Emi a shit.
Worse than Kirino.
>>
>>141605610
Fuck off anime-only fag.
>>
>>141604056
She kind of has it coming.
>>
The anime covered the first 2 volumes right?
>>
>>141606144
Yep, it's up to 15 now.
>>
>>141606369
I see, thanks
>>
>>141602018
Link
>>
>>141606032
Godamn Emi bitchslapped her good.
>>
>>141606447
Look up mittens-220.
>>
File: LXCPMbK.jpg (35 KB, 422x750) Image search: [Google]
LXCPMbK.jpg
35 KB, 422x750
>>
>>141604056
Along with Chiho tearing into Maou, everyone getting wrecked this volume.
>>
File: 1400059995877.jpg (352 KB, 1000x1485) Image search: [Google]
1400059995877.jpg
352 KB, 1000x1485
>>141608928
At least we get some good stuff from it.
>>
>>141609103
I'm not complaining, Maou was being needlessly obtuse and deserved getting told off, and Lailah, I mean after Emi got to earth or at least started looking after Alas=Ramus could have stopped by and said "hi."
>>
File: 1392607464477.jpg (372 KB, 794x955) Image search: [Google]
1392607464477.jpg
372 KB, 794x955
>>141602018
1 more volume. We're almost there.
>>
anime became shit quickly. Is the same with the novels?
>>
>>141609401
Depends on which part of the anime you thought was shit.
>>
File: 9r.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
9r.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
>Hell is on the moon
Haha, what
>>
>>141602018
Chii-chan's Chii-chans!
>>
>>141609982
Well the earth's moon is where it's tree of life is. So its not out of nowhere,
>>
File: legs.jpg (53 KB, 338x600) Image search: [Google]
legs.jpg
53 KB, 338x600
>>
>>141604208
They're a lot more naturally written than the fan translations, which is very important in comedy.
>>
>>141613298
Example:

>B-T:

Satan and Alsiel sealed the contract out of the spur of the moment. They were dazed out for a while but they were barely able to recover and think about their situation critically.

The building was old and their landlord was someone who couldn’t possibly be a human. However, the two youths were unemployed and they had no address. By the rules of this world, would there be another place that would accept someone as suspicious as them? Looking at the situation like that, they needed to be grateful about having a roof over their heads.

The two of them vowed to live quietly and pay the rent on time, so that they wouldn’t need to see their landlord’s face ever again.

“In this world, there seems to be a proverb that says ‘one must endure unspeakable hardships for the sake of vengeance’[9]. This must be one of those cases.”

Their bodies were injured because of their fight with the Hero, their magical energies were spent, and they were swept up by the gate’s flow and deposited in a world that they’ve never heard of. Even someone like the Demon Lord Satan was losing his powers after using the hypnotic spell twice. Satan experienced tiredness like he’d never felt before.

To heal his wounded body and heart, the Demon Lord Satan slept for three days straight.

Sleeping for three days straight with his injured body without eating or drinking caused Satan to suffer from malnutrition and had to be rushed to hospital. He couldn’t even stand up straight because he was dehydrated and was lacking in vitamins.

To save his pale and dying master who was staring blankly with unfocused eyes, Alsiel had to request help from their landlord Shiba after just three days of moving in. Because they didn’t have a clue as to how medical attention worked in this world.
>>
>>141613601
>>141613298
>YP:
They had signed the contract, completely unable to mount any sort of protest. The two of them stood there, their minds blank, waiting to regain their composure so they could reflect over these sudden events.

The place was a dump, its landlord a nonhuman behemoth. But what other living space would be willing to accept two homeless, unemployed young men, a concept that would send any sane landlord running at first sight? They resigned themselves to their fate, knowing the answer all too well. At the very least, they wouldn’t be rained on.

So, deep in their hearts, the two demons swore to work hard, make the rent each month, and otherwise have as little to do with their landlord as possible.

“‘You have to start somewhere,’ as they apparently say around here. Perhaps this is exactly what we need.”

They were overwhelmed in battle against the Hero, battered by the wild journey across the flows of the Gate, and mentally fatigued by their adventures in an unfamiliar world. Satan, the Devil King, was rapidly expending his magical force, his breathing ragged after only two hypnoses. The sense of extreme exhaustion was like none he had ever tasted.

So the Devil King fell asleep. And he stayed asleep for three days and three nights, healing his scarred body and drained soul.

Then, after sleeping three days straight without eating or drinking, Satan was taken to the hospital for malnutrition. The dehydration and vitamin deficiency had immobilized him.

In order to rescue his master—near death, skin dry and pallid, empty eyes staring aimlessly into space—Alciel had been forced to ask their landlord, Shiba, for help the third day after moving in. He had absolutely no idea what manner of medical facilities to expect in this world.
>>
>>141613601
>>141613642
Fan translation > YP

As expected of YP to be inferior.
>>
>>141613298
>>141613601
>>141613642
Good thing I came back to this thread.
Nice comparison. I agree that YP looks better for this series/example.
>>
>>141602018
>tfw I've been made threads for the past 4-5 ln translations
>tfw I made a thread two days ago for the ln translation
>tfw the thread died in like 4 hours

Damn it feels bad desu.
I'm still glad that there are people here that enjoy this series though, I guess I just made the thread at a bad time.

Here's the link for anyone that wants it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hihmyvzq80g48q/%E3%81%AF%E3%81%9F%E3%82%89%E3%81%8F%EF%BC%81%E9%AD%94%E7%8E%8B%E3%81%95%E3%81%BE%E8%8B%B1%E8%AA%9E11%E5%8D%B7.pdf?dl=0

Password is:
chiho4048665545
>>
>>141609401
Delete this.
>>
File: 1391275117253.jpg (372 KB, 1000x1226) Image search: [Google]
1391275117253.jpg
372 KB, 1000x1226
>>
Can anyone who has read the light novels in japanese tell us how close we are to Emi actually realizing she likes Maou?

In volume 10 when she was trapped she kept thinking about him and waiting for him to come rescue her, but in volume 11 we didn't really get to hear her thoughts on what she thinks about Maou that much.
It's obvious that she's willing to stay on friendly terms with him, seeing as every time Maou tries ignoring her or pushing her away she just keeps coming back and interacting with him, but I still don't think she likes him yet.
>>
>>141614386
if you honestly think that YP is inferior, then English clearly is not your strong suit.
>>
>>141614830
>Liking liberal translations and rewrites that reads like American literature instead of anime and manga work
YP dev pls go.
>>
>>141614964
>instead of anime and manga work
If you think stilted phrasing at a highschooler writing level J to C to E translation is how "anime and manga work" is supposed to read then you're a complete pillock.
>>
>>141615302
>stilted
Called it. What a typical YP dev argument.
>>
>>141614964
>reads like American literature
That's is what translation is supposed to do.
>>
>>141615535
Okay anon, so tell me how "He couldn’t even stand up straight because he was dehydrated and was lacking in vitamins." is somehow superior to "The dehydration and vitamin deficiency had immobilized him.".
>>
>>141613642
>>141613601
The current fan translation is better than Yen Press' localization style, but it seems even B-T got some things better too. I prefer my LNs to read like a LN as opposed to sounding flawlessly natural in English. Diction is important to one's reading experience when enjoying literature from a different language and culture. I know what I'm reading was written in Japanese and will have Japanese culture and narrative, so to make a translation read like perfect English, as though it was authored by an English writer with none of the foreign idiosyncrasies intact, will produce this nagging feeling something is wrong and awkward.
>>
File: best_pair.jpg (32 KB, 690x388) Image search: [Google]
best_pair.jpg
32 KB, 690x388
I love this series but it also really pisses me off because there still hasn't been any news of a season 2.
>>
>>141615699
The foreign idiosyncrasies are what produces the nagging feeling that something is wrong and awkward. A Japanese reader reading Japanese literature will be reading writing that feels entirely natural to them. A translation must convey both the meaning and the spirit, the experience itself.

Therefore, if the experience of reading a translation does not feel as natural to the translation's intended audience as the experience of reading the original felt to the original's intended audience, the translation has failed.

I should also point out that the current fan translation is translated from Chinese, not from Japanese, so the fact is that what you were reading was written in Chinese and has Chinese narrative and any foreign idiosyncrasies you're enjoying are actually Chinese ones.
>>
>>141615699
That's your preference and that's fair, but it is often the opposite of what's considered good translation practice, which tries to create the same effect in the translated audience as the original text had on original audience.

Simple example would be, if the language used int he original sounds very informal then use informal language for the translation even if an exact one would result in using lots of formal words.
>>
File: Untitled.png (185 KB, 1258x922) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
185 KB, 1258x922
>>141615699
>I know what I'm reading was written in Japanese and will have Japanese culture and narrative
>>
>>141615865
I don't remember where I read this, but I'm told that the school of thought of "you shouldn't even be able to tell that this was ever from another country" is largely unique to the field of English translation, and that non-English professional translators are not shy to use TL notes and whatnot when translating into their own languages, whether from English or Japanese or Chinese or whatever.
>>
>>141615856
I disagree. It's like comparing Japanese anime and American cartoons. There are a great number of differences in culture, speech, and behavior between them. It would be extremely awkward, if not just wrong to render the former into the latter by shifting the aforementioned differences into how American would animate and write their cartoons.

I was speaking on a general level. Chinese is quite close to Japanese so it's not far off, anyways.

>>141615865
Perhaps, but that's more of a professional mindset since they look to catering to the masses. They have to assume that people won't be familiarized with anything Japanese. On the other hand, fan translators tend to have a different mindset because they are flexible and willing practice formal equivalence since those who watch or read their translations are on average people with an understanding of the culture and concepts that are used, thus translating in that way can enhance their understanding and enjoyment.

>>141616076
See above.
>>
>>141615778
A lot of things just don't seem to get second seasons anymore even if they do well. I guess opportunity cost of not doing the absolute most popular thing has gotten too high so even fairly popular stuff isn't worth it.
>>
>>141616384
>Chinese is quite close to Japanese so it's not far off, anyways.
Well then you clearly speak neither Chinese nor Japanese. Aside from Japanese adopting Chinese written characters creating a superficial resemblance, the structure of the two languages are very different.
>>
>>141616384
Dubs do that and that's why they're shit 99% of the time. inb4 dubsfags
>>
>>141616384

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
>>
>no season 2

WHY
>>
>>141616384
>Chinese is quite close to Japanese
There are more cultural resemblances between the two than there are to America, the most apparent in an anime context is probably the casual use of familial address (you can call your brother go go or da ge like japanese would use oniichan, but otherwise they're far from identical. For example the honorific and pronoun system is not quite as convoluted. Chinese isn't a strongly Subject Object Verb language either unlike Japanese, so badly translated Chinese sentence structure isn't going to give you the same "feel" as badly translated Japanese sentence structure.
>>
So theoretically, if Maou and Emi were to fight 1 on 1 both at full power, who would win?

I was always under the impression that Maou would completely annihilate her, (and the fact that he is constantly saving her only furthers my point), but the ln's almost always mention how Emi is more powerful than Maou.
Is that just in reference to Maou as he is on Earth, or even in Ente Isla?
>>
>>141616566
I don't and neither do you, I'm sure, but that doesn't mean I don't know that much. Their grammar is quite different, but culture-wise they're a lot closer than English-wise. Also, majority of Japanese and Chinese's kanji have the same meaning.

>>141616853
The difference in grammar doesn't appear significant in a translation. I've read a number of LN translations from Chinese that reads just like a Jap > Eng translation. Aside from having a greater culture similarity and most of their kanji having same meaning, both Jpanese and Chinese's writing are more about the action and description, often literal and roundabout, and that's a contrast to English's writing. Or perhaps that's how Eastern writing tend to be.
>>
>>141617214
My thoughts exactly.
Is there an explanation?
>>
>>141617248
>and neither do you, I'm sure
My Chinese is a lot better than my Japanese, but it's enough to know how different they are.

>Also, majority of Japanese and Chinese's kanji have the same meaning.
Many of them do, but you'll still be tripped up if you try to learn one language while knowing the other but assuming that it's all the same. For example 先生 is pretty common in both languages but hardly mean the same thing.

>The difference in grammar doesn't appear significant in a translation. I've read a number of LN translations from Chinese that reads just like a Jap > Eng translation.
So when you read skythewood's Konosuba translations, all those "NAH NAH" that punctuated the sentences that are so typically Chinese, this felt like a Japanese idiosyncrasy to you did it?
>>
>>141617758
You're Chinese? If so, how come Chinese TL can render translation that more or less seems like Japanese?

There will be difference since there are fair percentage that have different meaning, and in those cases it's up to the TL's skill if he/she knows the equivalent or near-match in Japanese.

I was thinking along DxD, Campione, and Mondaiji. But Sky's translations don't seem that different either. Honorifics, popularized Japanese phrases translated to English, and other little things seems about the same as a J > E translations that isn't localized.
>>
>>141618137
> If so, how come Chinese TL can render translation that more or less seems like Japanese?
A lot of Chinese translations aren't particularly brilliant either.

>Honorifics, popularized Japanese phrases translated to English, and other little things seems about the same as a J > E translations that isn't localized.
Cliche phrases and honorifics aren't really what I think about when I think of bad translations letting idiosyncrasies slip through, what I was thinking about is the kind of garbled nonsense that webnovel MTLers on wordpress tend to shit out where the translator didn't even bother to move the subject from the front of the sentence to the back.
>>
>>141618501
You're suggesting bad. Why?

>move the subject from the front of the sentence to the back.
What's wrong with that exactly? I've seen that even in English literature and tv shows.
>>
>>141617552
As far as I know there has never been anything that outright says Emi is stronger or Maou is, but I think from most of the events of the story it can be assumed that Maou is much stronger.

I mean, he's been alive for several hundred years and knows magic that surpasses the physical capabilities of humans. So far in the story there was no point where Maou was at full power, so I think that when the books mentioned Emi being stronger they were referring specifically to Maou as a normal person without having his powers.

I'd find it very hard to believe that Maou, who defeated Lucifer in like thirty seconds in the beginning of the show, would have any trouble at all dealing with Emi who had talked about fighting for days on end with Lucifer and not even being able to kill him in the end.
>>
>>141619011
Because the feel it produces in English is different from the feel it produces in Japanese. In Japanese it's standard, in English it's stylish when used appropriately and awkward when used badly.
>>
>>141619633
What do you consider appropriate and not?
>>
>>141603270
Easy to find, just waiting for the pdf with pictures in it to archive for later.
>>
Guessing FFF are the too go to for this show? Not sure if I'm up for the commie memes at the moment.
>>
>>141620305
Commie was better. Really.
But you can do whatever you want.
>>
>>141615778
The anime exists solely to promote the LN.
As long as the LN sales get a push and stay strong, a second season won't happen.
>>
>>141620509
I can understand that since a lot of other series do the same thing, but the anime sales were actually quite successful and a season 2 would probably be profitable as well.
>>
I'm only interested in romance anime, and as far as I know this series doesn't have much.
Is it worth getting into the light novels for this reason?
>>
>>141621930
I mean it's there but its not super big focus. Some volumes spotlight it more then others, but if your looking for romantic interactions in every scene then it doesn't have that.
>>
File: Volume15.jpg (666 KB, 2252x1200) Image search: [Google]
Volume15.jpg
666 KB, 2252x1200
>>141608364
>>
>>141622014
In the past few threads though I've kept hearing people say that we're almost getting to the point where the main girl is going to fall hard for the MC.
Is the story before that decent? I might just start reading anyway because I find the basic premise pretty funny.
>>
>>141622035
Lovely
>>
>>141622035
OTP.
>>
Any way to get the older translated volumes?
>>
>>141609261
d-does this actually happen?

>>141622265
Go to the translator's website (just Google search mittens220). She has some clue or something in the first post on the site where you can find the older volumes.
>>
>>141622306
It pointed me to a blog about fanfiction.
I'm an anime only fag and wanna catch up on the LNs, so spoonfeed me this once: this is konosuba all over again or legit fanfic?
>>
File: Hataraku_Maou-sama!_v3_p344.jpg (155 KB, 968x1400) Image search: [Google]
Hataraku_Maou-sama!_v3_p344.jpg
155 KB, 968x1400
>>141622087
Story is fun and quite decent by fantasy standards, even if it falls into some cliches.
Alas=Ramus scenes are really cute, you'll probably love them.

>>141622265
Madokami
>>
>>141622428
The ln's are all official.
The reason the website points you to a blog about fanfic is because the author and translator are friends and the translator is trying to help the author get more traffic.
There should be a link or something to the older ln's somewhere either on the other authors site or in one of her fanfics.
If I have time later Ill try finding the link and posting it here for you.
>>
>>141622543
>Madokami

Time to learn how to use that shit I guess. Do I need an irc client or will browser work?
>>
>>141622543
wtf they have a daughter together?
At that point are they married or something?
>>
>>141622812
It's complicated. The baby is from the tree of life and views them as her parents. Though at the point she first shows up they're still on, uneasy ground with each other. What with Emi still believing her father is dead in the aftermath of Maou's forces attacking her village and most people not making it out of there...

Their relationship is complicated for awhile.
>>
>>141622812
>Married
He's the Demon King
>>
File: 1402055398127.gif (197 KB, 462x326) Image search: [Google]
1402055398127.gif
197 KB, 462x326
Why can't both girls get the demon king?

Demon kings are known for having harems!
>>
>>141623021
Not that anon, but I seriously hope you aren't implying a harem ending.
We all know there are (soon to be) three girls lusting after his dick, but there's no indication that we get an ending with more than one of them getting with him,
>>
>>141623088
>both
There are three girls that want him desu.
In ln 9 or 10 there's a part where Maou and Suzuno are camping together and Maou is talking about why he invaded Ente Isla and what his intentions were, and the author makes it pretty obvious that she kind of likes him after that.
>>
>>141623125
well regardless, more for the harem!
>>
>>141622598
Not the same anon, but I would appreciate it if you could.
>>
>>141623225
I just skimmed through her "latest fanfiction" like the post on the translator's blog says to do and I didn't see a link to anything.
Guess I'll just suck it up and actually read the whole thing and see if there is any kind of hint to an archive of past ln's.

desu if some other anon had some of the novels saved and they uploaded them it would be much more convenient, but I have some free time so I'll try investigating this fanfiction thing.
>>
>>141622306
Thanks for the info, gonna report this to my superiors at Yen Press now.
>>
From what I see on the site, it seems most of the translations have already been taken down. Anyone still have them?
>>
>>141623352
>>141624349

I scoured through her live journal/fanfics/fanfic page/etc. and haven't found anything. Either the links are gone or they're so far buried they're impossible to find.

Just about to tap out myself.
>>
>>141624490
I asked because I already did those things and tapped out.
Now if another anon managed to actually save previous volumes even in a .txt format then it's enough for me.
>>
>>141624529
>>141624490
Someone on /a/ has to have a few of them saved at least.
>>
Why are people struggling to find the volumes when the answer was already given?
>>
>>141624959
They want the old volumes.
The password posted earlier was only the password for ln 11.
>>
File: 1400059914816.jpg (482 KB, 1000x1486) Image search: [Google]
1400059914816.jpg
482 KB, 1000x1486
>not calling Maou Sadao-senpai for all the time
Emi pls
>>
>>141615592
No, that's localization.
>>
>>141625388
I can't wait for Emi to finally break and start lusting after Sadaou senpai's cock.
>>
>>141622769
Rev up them irc clients. Look up "madokami irc" in the archive to learn how to register on the site.
>>
>>141624985
The old volumes are easily gotten. They have the old ones in epub and pdf form along with having them with just text or pictures. So your statement doesn't apply.

>>141622543
They are found right here. When I've been getting then forever. Even volume 11 is there without the password too (not that it's an issue to save).
>>
>>141625872
>>141624985
See.
>>
>>141626017
I'm too lazy to sign up for this thing right now, but is the signup process long?
>>
>>141625388
>>141625475

I like that it feels like the build up is more natural given their history rather then it all being at once.

And in 15 she is now living in his old joint with him, and the others.
>>
>>141627196
She's actually living in the same room as him or she just moves to the room downstairs with Suzuno?
>>
>>141617214
Maou was just a shitty goblin who git gud thanks to Emi's mom. Emi was some nuke-tier half ancient angel.

She's SEVERELY weakened on Earth. She easily fucked Maou up when HE WAS full power. Lailah just tip scales to equal them to give him his own sword.
>>
File: 1381984291204.jpg (25 KB, 301x267) Image search: [Google]
1381984291204.jpg
25 KB, 301x267
>>141625483
Thank you anon. Finally got in.
>>
>>141627325
You're completely ignoring the fact that even once they are both in Ente Isla Maou has to come and save everyone yet again.
Even during the war I think it makes more sense that it was a combination of Emi and her other allies that were able to defeat Maou.

Like I said before, it just doesn't make sense for them to be even near equal each other's powers. Emi had to fight hard for a long time to defeat Lucifer, yet Maou on earth had no trouble beating him in a few seconds flat.
>>
>>141627220
the actual Demon Castle in Ente Isla, they brought their electronics, though Lucifer is pissed at the lack of wi-fi.
>>
>>141627583
oh wow that's pretty nice to hear actually.

a-are they a couple at this point?
>>
Been looking for this for a while, so is this only on Madokami? Does anyone have a mega link or something similar?
>>
>>141627640
Still building, but the volume does have a theme of romance between species, and revels that Emi is ageless thanks to her mom. Other then that it's mostly about Lucifer's shity childhood.
>>
>>141627478
>Emi had to fight hard for a long time to defeat Lucifer, yet Maou on earth had no trouble beating him in a few seconds flat.
If I remember correctly, the author once explained in his Twitter that gathering negative energy on Earth was far easier than holy energy, since instilling fear, sorrow, anger and any other kind of negative emotions on people on a large scale is far easier that instilling positive emotions. Thus, it's a lot easier for Maou to gather energy on Earth than it is for Emi.

On Ente Isla is an entirely different story, since the place is overflowing with energy.
>>
>>141628320
I was referring to when Emi fought Lucifer in Entering Isla. Even then she said that it was a difficult fight
When maou and Lucifer fight though they're both on earth and they both use demonic power, so it's not like any of of them had an advantage over the other.
Maou is just that much more powerful than Lucifer.
>>
>>141628320
She should smile more. One smile sets off a chain reaction resulting in hundreds of smiles per day from random people.
>>
>>141628471
Or people just think you're insane.
>>
>>141628527
They already think you're insane anon. Smiling has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>141628613
The average reaction of someone on the street seeing a stranger smiling at you is to wonder if he's a psycho stalker or shit.
>>
>>141629207
A) That's because you aren't a cute girl
B) Only you said anything about smiling specifically at random people.
C) That's probably why they think you're crazy.
>>
>>141629207
I pity faggots that live in places you do.
>>
>>141627860
>and revels that Emi is ageless thanks to her mom
Considering Maou's long lifespan, that's great news.
>>
File: cd432e4196137770527a26e4055049cf.jpg (679 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
cd432e4196137770527a26e4055049cf.jpg
679 KB, 1200x1200
Emi a perfection.
A PERFECTION!
>>
>>141602018
I forgot this was still going. Last I heard there was a baby that was a sword that emi and maou were taking care of while being pretend parents
>>
>>141627478
>Even during the war I think it makes more sense that it was a combination of Emi and her other allies that were able to defeat Maou.
not in the LN, Maou and his bitch ran from Emi alone.
>>
File: 1429877451457.jpg (348 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1429877451457.jpg
348 KB, 720x720
Why is she so flaaaaat?
>>
>>141629541
>See random stranger smile, but not at you
>Ignore, just a random stranger

>See random stranger smile at you
>What the fuck is this bitch up to

>>141629639
You should. Sodomy is illegal here. Faggots have to go underground for their jollies.
>>
I want Chiho to win. Why can't we have nice things?
>>
>>141634314
Because Chiho a shit.
>>
>>141635458
Fuck you.
>>
>>141634314
Why would you want the worst and least deserving girl to win? She has zero chemistry and barks at other girls who are closer with Maou than she is.
>>
File: benefits.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
benefits.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
>>141631645
Because Emi is super /fit/. Not an ounce of body fat or growth hormones on her.
>>
>>141626017
>500mb pdf
Either that's just bad conversion or did YP really bloat that file?
>>
>>141614386
>>141615699
ITT: ESL idiots.
>>
>>141637188
It's image files, scans of the book that haven't been through OCR.
>>
>>141631220
Yes all this did happen, but this is like from ln 4 or 5.
>>
>>141631220
Pretend parents, but they behave more like a divorced couple with shared custody of the kid.
>>
>>141631523
Have you even been reading the past few volumes senpai?
Emi gets captured almost immediately and Maou comes and saves her again. If Emi is on a different magnitude of power than Maou (as you keep suggesting), then why wasn't she able to get out of that situation herself?
baka
>>
>>141632046
You are one paranoid little bastard. This is why you're alone and on 4chan. You can't accept smiles that are there for protecting.
>>
>>141615699
Man fuck you, the latest version of KonoSuba isn't as pleasurable to read because they lose their editor or something.

Thank fully some anon decided to edit the latest to make it more readable.
>>
>>141640826
Lmao you guys haven't even been discussing this series at all.
>>
>>141638973
Because her dad's wheat fields were being held hostage to her behavior.
>>
>>141642246
Doesn't matter.
If you spend like literally 10 seconds thinking about it it's obvious that they are not even close to evenly matched.
Throughout the series there have been multiple times that Maou had to rescue not only Emi, but everyone else.
Also keep in mind that Emi even on earth did have quite a lot of power thanks to the holy magic cans, whereas Maou only received tiny amounts of demonic magic periodically.

Even if you hold on to the belief that Emi was stronger, I think it is undebatable that after Maou bonded with Acies he definitely became stronger than Emi.
>>
>>141642329
I always got the vibe that Maou was initially stronger, then Alas=ramus put Emi ahead until he bonded with Acies.
>>
>>141642448
This. Maybe Maou is stronger than Emi in raw power, but he had a bad affinity with her even before Alas=Ramus made her apparition. But now, Maou+Acies has no competition.
>>
>>141642448
>>141642803
Yeah this makes sense to me as well.
Plus, I don't think we an accurately comment on Emi's power because I don't think there have really been any times where she does anything.
It's always Maou that fights or saves people, so we know what he's capable of.
Even in Ente Isla Emi didn't really fight except with Alsiel, and we saw that they were pretty evenly matched, with Emi having a slight advantage.
>>
>>141642895
>Plus, I don't think we an accurately comment on Emi's power because I don't think there have really been any times where she does anything.
>It's always Maou that fights or saves people, so we know what he's capable of.
Well we know she can fight an angel which is a pretty good feat.
>Even in Ente Isla Emi didn't really fight except with Alsiel, and we saw that they were pretty evenly matched, with Emi having a slight advantage.
Honestly just this alone makes me think Maou is stronger than her, he obviously has to be stronger than Alsiel.
>>
>>141642966
>she can fight an angel
She can fight Lucifer, which as we know he is not even close to any of the other archangels. Emi even with Alas=Ramus had no chance of beating Gabriel, so I would also agree with you that Maou is stronger.
>>
At which volume did the anime end? Was thinking about reading this for some time.
>>
>>141640826
Have you read the anon edit for the chapter last week? That on was pretty good and reads almost flawlessly compared to the regular one.
>>
>>141643190
I think the anime ended adapted the first 2 ln's.
The rest have all been translated, and although they have been taken down from the translator's website you should be able to get them by using this Madokami thing mentioned here >>141625483

I've never used it so I can't help you but apparently you can get all the volumes from there.
>>
How come despite Emi being all strong and all shes constantly in need of saving like 99% of all the other main anime girls out there?
>>
>>141643598
I think it's because, as the other anons were discussing before, she isn't actually that strong.
During the war she was probably used largely as a symbol.
Also, she was accompanied by like 2 or 3 other combinations and them together were able to defeat Maou, not just her.
>>
>>141643598
Largely it supposed to be bad luck. In the first volume she had limited holy energy with no recharge and in volume 2 she faced a guy who can seal holy energy.

volume 3 has her faring a bit better then Maou before she gets a power up, and in Volume 4 she is intentionally holding back to not kill the demons, and is still beating most of them.
>>
I started reading the CN translations because I CBAed to get on Madokami, in which volume does Alas=Ramus show up?
>>
>>141643811
3, right after the anime ends.
>>
>>141643849
Thanks. Is Alas=Ramus really as cute as everyone makes her out to be?
>>
Alciel is best boy and truest bro
>>
File: 04_261.jpg (115 KB, 1060x1536) Image search: [Google]
04_261.jpg
115 KB, 1060x1536
>>141644032
She's willing to defend Lucifer because she loves everyone if that tells you anything.
>>
>>141644095
Every scene with Alsiel is pure gold. Loved when he was admiring Emi's savings like "as expected of the hero".
>>
>>141644032
Her younger sister also used to be obsessed with maou.
>>
>>141615535
>Literal awkward writing that has no flow in a comedy where having tight flow and oacing is key for jokes.
>>
File: Mao_07_003.jpg (601 KB, 1200x2258) Image search: [Google]
Mao_07_003.jpg
601 KB, 1200x2258
>>141644032
>>
>>141644612
Would you a Emi?
>>
File: 1461500699347.jpg (797 KB, 1200x1440) Image search: [Google]
1461500699347.jpg
797 KB, 1200x1440
>>141645131
Oh yes
God yes
>>
>>141645131
She seems really nice as long as you aren't a demon.
>>
>>141644612
Does, does that baby have a bubble butt?
>>
File: 1402808621383.jpg (71 KB, 506x682) Image search: [Google]
1402808621383.jpg
71 KB, 506x682
>>141645131
Yes, that doesn't even need to be a question.
>>
>>141645306
>>141645398
>>141645551
I probably would too, but desu I'd be terrified because she could probably kill you pretty easily if you piss her off.
>>
>>141645744
You'd have to do something pretty bad for her to kill you though, maybe get beaten up some but just behave.
>>
>>141613642
I like YP more.
>>
>>141645789
d-do you think you could satisfy her?
I mean, she would probably compare you performance in bed to Mary's, and he's a demon king...
>>
>>141645832
>Mary's
Meant Maou.
>>
>>141645832
Well it isn't a problem (yet). If she did hook up with Maou you'd have no shot to begin with.
>>
>>141645904
I heard that in volume 15 they actually both move back into Mary's castle in ente isla, so they should be fugging pretty soon after that.
>>
>>141647364
Fucking autocorrect always changes Maou to Mary.
>>
>>141645131
She was made for leg guys like me.
>>
>>141647498
She was made for all guys desu.
>>
>>141648170
Suzuno is better than Emi desu.
Emi is just too flat.
>>
>>141648767
A man of great taste.

I'm still mad about Dullahan though
>>
File: 1391195179098.jpg (636 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1391195179098.jpg
636 KB, 1200x1600
>>
File: 1391195332282.jpg (113 KB, 900x661) Image search: [Google]
1391195332282.jpg
113 KB, 900x661
>>
I actually just fucking found out BEST GOD Madoka has translated light novel.

I'm hyperventilating right now.
>>
File: 1391195419147.png (586 KB, 1023x724) Image search: [Google]
1391195419147.png
586 KB, 1023x724
>>
File: 1400059645024.jpg (348 KB, 1000x1837) Image search: [Google]
1400059645024.jpg
348 KB, 1000x1837
>>141648947
He later got a moped to replace his Dullahan though.

And Suzuno in casual clothes is a sight to behold.
>>
>>141645792
You and everyone with a functioning brain.
>>
File: hataraku-12-17-dullahan-death.jpg (31 KB, 680x382) Image search: [Google]
hataraku-12-17-dullahan-death.jpg
31 KB, 680x382
>>141648947
Never forgive, never forget
>>
File: img017.jpg (327 KB, 1199x685) Image search: [Google]
img017.jpg
327 KB, 1199x685
>>
>>141649017
Explain. Is madoka a translator or something?
Can't find anything on Google.
>>
>>141651271
Lurk more.
>>
>>141651032
sauce?
>>
>>141654896
Yuusha, Maou o Motomeru
>>
>>141655083
Thanks anon.
>>
>>141651271
It's an anime character anon.
>>
>>141649345
My dick is afire.
Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.