[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is Ergo Proxy? Why is Re-L so edgy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
File: Ergo_Proxy_Set_1_cover[1].jpg (35 KB, 230x324) Image search: [Google]
Ergo_Proxy_Set_1_cover[1].jpg
35 KB, 230x324
How is Ergo Proxy? Why is Re-L so edgy?
>>
she has a perfect body shape though
>>
File: what i expected ergo proxy.jpg (331 KB, 1008x403) Image search: [Google]
what i expected ergo proxy.jpg
331 KB, 1008x403
>>
>>141391941
Meh, could be better tbqh
>>
raison d'être,raison d'être,raison d'être,raison d'être,raison d'être,raison d'être,raison d'être,raison d'être,raison d'être,raison d'être,raison d'être,raison d'être,raison d'être,raison d'être,raison d'être,raison d'être,raison d'être,raison d'être,raison d'être,raison d'être,raison d'être,raison d'être,raison d'être,raison d'être,
>>
I liked it. I just wish it had a better ending.
>>
plakshee
>>
Did anyone else cringe when they made a big deal about her name?
>>
It was pretty bad overall.
>>
>>141392976
Am I gonna be spoiled if I was what you're referring to?
>>
One GOAT episode, everything else sucks.
Not coincidentally, the GOAT episode is the only one not related to the main plot.
>>
Boring crap that relies on its """""atmosphere"""""" into tricking you that it's deep and not just a complete waste of time, at least the main chick's hot despite being an uptight bitch lol
>>
Good, the second half can get weird with some episodes and the whole thing can be confusing overall.
But Pino, Re-L and Vincent are decent to great characters, the artstyle is great and OP&ED are awesome.
>>
>>141391912
Texhnolyze is better.
>>
>>141393073
Yes.
>>
>>141391912
She's not edgy, she's selfish.
>>
Dog shit whose only redeeming feature is ABe's character designs.
>>
>>141393196

Texhnolyze is no different than watching Ergo Proxy with a concussion
>>
>>141393409
If you're a pleb, maybe.
>>
>>141391912

i really enjoyed it. but then again i'm a sucker for 3deep5u shows that don't necessarily make a lot of sense in general.

a good rule of thumb is that if you enjoyed Lain you'll enjoy this too imo.

and if you haven't watched Lain WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU HERE YOU LITTLE SHIT
>>
>>141391912
WAKE ME UP
>>
>>141391912
Pretentious garbage. Even worse than Evangelion.
>>
>>141393621
Lain was pretty boring all throughout. Ergo Proxy was slow mid series but overall was great. Not all deepshit is created equal.
>>
File: rei.gif (973 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
rei.gif
973 KB, 500x280
perfect
>>
Game show episode best episode.
>>
whats your raison d'etre?
>>
raisin deter
>>
Three great characters caught up in a passable at best story.
>>
>>141393830
I want her to nibble on my scrotum with that bunny suit on.
>>
>>141394168
shut the fuck up
>>
Pino is actually a sex robot.
>>
WHAT'S THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?
>>
>>141393873
Mdr
>>
Not really 3deep5u, it's just that it doesn't resolve the world it build throughout. Second half has some episodic episodes that miss a bit, but aestetics, atmosphere and characters are all top tier. It's one of my favorites. I don't care about stuff not being explained properly. That was never the point.

Great subtle character development, especially for Pino and Re-L. Vincent was good, too. Really enjoyed Daedalus' character. Final episodes had some stunning scenes.
>>
>>141394224
Make me.
>>
>>141394224
you can't suppress a man's sexual desires forever loser
>>
rising deterrent
>>
>>141394361
>Not really 3deep5u
There's a word for that: pretentious
>>
>>141395037
3deep5u and pretentious are synonyms, retard.
>>
>>141395120
So saying not 3deep5u means it was not pretentious?
>>
File: Ergo Proxy - literally hitler.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ergo Proxy - literally hitler.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
it's good if you're not a fucking retard
>>
>>141395191
Yes. It was a clear cut story with some unexplained world building.

What people mean when they say it's pretentious, they actually mean aestetics and themes were so striking that upon learning they're not filled with grand Biblical theories I got extremely butthurt. Or they're just faggots.
A robot kneeling down and asking for purpose isn't opening the gates of hell so a thousand fanfic characters can come out. It just means its purpose is finished and it's time to wait for creators to come back. Same with most of the "pretentious" imaginary. Episode 20 was outright bad and might be worthy of the slightly pretentious title, though.
>>
>>141395406
>what people mean when they use pretentious
Ergo Proxy is the very definition of Pretentious. You don't speak for other people. It sounds like delusion.
>>
>>141395454
You asked for my opinion and my opinion is that you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>141395493
I never asked for your opinion...I asked what pretentious meant. And that's not an opinion. Words don't change their objective definition based on your opinion or the presumed misuse of said word.
>>
>>141395563
And I gave you an example from the show, why it isn't pretentious and why I think some people think it is. Your response? NO U.

That's just embarrassing, anon.
>>
>>141395699
What? That never happened. Are you alright? You're strawmanning
>>
>>141395563
>I asked what pretentious meant
You didn't even ask it, idiot. Here's your "question": >>141395191 in case your memory is too short to remember what you posted 5 minutes ago. And the answer to it is yes, if show is not 3deep5u than it's not pretentious.
No wonder some people hate EP. They are just fully retarded.
>>
>>141391912
Raison d'Etre
>>
>>141395783
Nice boogeyma victim-complex you got going for you. I literally did ask what pretentious meant. And Ergo Proxy is the literal embodiment of pretentiousness. It's just a tier below Neon Genesis Evangelion, at least NGE had some fun SOL comedy parts to it
>>
>>141395871
NGE isn't pretentious, though. Its fans are.
>>
>>141395908
>NGE isn't pretentious
That's like implying it has depth, you do realize that, right?
>>
>ergo proxy came out 10 years ago
>>
>>141395871
>I literally did ask what pretentious meant
I literally linked your post which literally had completely different question. You are literally retarded.
>>
>>141395965
NGE sort of has depth in characters. Not so much in world building, which ended up being a mess.
>>
i watched this show when i was ten and it was only when i rewatched it did i realize where my fetish for powerful women came from
>>
>>141396018
It has characters. With actions and whatnot. But it's all pretty on paper. They literally tell you what they're thinking. And there's tons of show and tell.
Lets put it this way, it doesn't have the depth it pretends to have by namedropping terminology. It's pretty straight-forward teen-angst. I can understand if you watched this as a kid it might have been relatable. But if you watch this today you can see it's just a harem. At one point even that one adult guy has the hots for shinji.
>>
>>141395998
I'm not denying either my ability to ask multiple things, nor the fact that I have asked that specific question in question. This doesn't debunk my original statement either way. And is just a weak-shot at redirecting the conversation. In retrospect I should've just ignored your ad hominem. Or be less ambiguous by not cutting my comments short. As it is entirely my fault that others jump to conclusions and base their argument off of those strawmen.
>>
>>141396243
*tips fedora*
>>
Why was he so perfect?
>>
One of the few anime that I've dropped, and that was with only 3 episodes to go.
>>
>>141396749
lmao

people actually "drop" anime? like you can't figure out if you'll like it from the general description or images or tags?
>>
>>141396749
was it the disneyland episode that did it
that one was pretty painful for me too
>>
>>141395406
>opening the gates of hell so a thousand fanfic characters can come out
What do you mean by that
>>
>they don't like pretentious shows

philistines
breaking the creators' attempt at intellectualism with your superior reasoning is the true fun
>>
>>141396298
nice shitpost
>>
Wake me up inside
>>
File: proxy-one-arch.png (2 MB, 1920x1096) Image search: [Google]
proxy-one-arch.png
2 MB, 1920x1096
>>141391912
>66 replies
>4 images
In a thread for an anime with, to say the least, above average visual direction. You faggots are the problem with everything.
>>
>>141398946
it's finals week
>>
>>141392787
This.
>>141393196
It was shit.
>>
Second season when?
>>
>>141398946
So instead of discussing the flaws of this show you bitch about people not posting images? then you post a shitty screenshot yourself displaying a common directive angle?
>>
>>141400625
Never, 2gothic4japan
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.